The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: first time power auger prob strik2  (Read 501 times)

Offline captain planet

• IceShanty Rookie
  • the power is yours
first time power auger prob strik2
« on: Feb 19, 2013, 08:33 PM »
 I have what is probably a really dumb question but here goes.  I just purchased a strikelite2 yesterday. I unpacked it today, read over  my operating manual put extention/drill on, put my oil in, ready to gas up when and  I noticed a small thin piece of brown cardboard in the motor, on the side with the primer.  its wedged in along what i believe to be the cylinder head. If the engine manual/diagram were a little more thorough i could describe it better.
To remove it or not seems like a no brainer cuz cardboard is porous and combustible on the other hand to remove it I'll have to take the engine cover off which I'm okay with but I didn't read anything about having to do this in the manual, which did cover whether one should operate the auger upside down  ??? thanks in advance to all
The Power is Yours!!!

Offline warrior1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: first time power auger prob strik2
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2013, 09:41 PM »
Mine is the same I think its part of the gasket I left it alone

Offline fish4kitty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Frabill Trekker 2
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2013, 08:57 PM »
It's a heat shield to protect your primer area. Do not remove it.
Having a crappie day and loving it!

Offline NoMe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2013, 07:35 AM »
I'm okay with but I didn't read anything about having to do this in the manual, which did cover whether one should operate the auger upside down  ??? thanks in advance to all
I'm interested in this comment. Does the manual actually discuss about upside down operation? I've been seeing chat about this & operating on its' side or horizontal. It's puzzling cause I can't think of situations where you would have to operate it other than right side up. Am I missing something?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.