Author Topic: Thanks Shanty  (Read 1106 times)

Offline TA

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks Shanty
« on: Feb 22, 2010, 08:49 AM »
I'd like to thank Iceshanty and it 's members for helpng me have my best season ever. After spend over a year here reading through Iceshanty and praticing what I've learned here. I can't say that I'm any better at ice fishing than I was. What I can say is that thanks to everyone here I'm a more informed fisherman. That has made the diffrence in my success this year. The tips, the tricks, the how to's, the equipment to use, what to do what not to do, your past experiences that you guys have shared has all lead me having the best ice season ever.
With the help of everyone here I hope to continue to improve. Thanks Iceshanty
Just like it, only diffrent.

T/Ake cAARe, doug

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Thanks Shanty
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2010, 08:52 AM »
Ice Shanty is.................... .PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Fish on!

Offline Surefishalot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2010, 06:34 PM »
Thanks ice shanty, even though I've been ice fishing for close to forty year, I just lost my rookie status. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)2
saltwater-freshwater what ever floats your boat!

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2010, 07:26 PM »
Being the thoughtful person that I am, I'll go ahead and take full credit for all of the successful days you had. And then you can just blame everyone else for the day's that you fished that were no good ...

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2010, 09:02 PM »
I too have learned a ton perusing IS. Create good karma and pass on all the info to the next dude.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline CanIceCpl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Greetings from Ottawa, ON. Go Sens Go !
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2010, 09:32 PM »
Well I spent all summer building an ice palace AKA Titanic (big and heavy) and have only caught 2 4-5 lbs pike. So maybe I'm thinking $350/fish .... but .... what I've learned here is to have a good time doing it and just enjoy! :-)

I talk to neighbouring ice-fishing people, get some fresh air, spend quality time with the Mrs. I can't ask for more ,,, a few bites would be nice LOL

Last week I had the chance to (poorly) photograph an eagle that landed near my Titanic (long story).

So wether you catch or not - the whole joy and spirit of ice fishing (for me so far) is to just have fun.

Sorry for being long winded LOL

D&T

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2010, 09:41 PM »
Well I spent all summer building an ice palace AKA Titanic (big and heavy) and have only caught 2 4-5 lbs pike. So maybe I'm thinking $350/fish .... but .... what I've learned here is to have a good time doing it and just enjoy! :-)

I talk to neighbouring ice-fishing people, get some fresh air, spend quality time with the Mrs. I can't ask for more ,,, a few bites would be nice LOL

Last week I had the chance to (poorly) photograph an eagle that landed near my Titanic (long story).

So wether you catch or not - the whole joy and spirit of ice fishing (for me so far) is to just have fun.

Sorry for being long winded LOL

D&T
This post is worth reading again!

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2010, 02:52 AM »
Prchslyr, you going for the group hug again?

Everyone pointed to Dave Genz as the most influential individual related to ice fishing. I said Scott was right up there by creating this site. I hold this to be true ;D

Often imitated....never duplicated.....IceShanty.com

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Big fish tuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I love the winter
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2010, 05:41 AM »
Learned some new stuff had lots of good reading thanks to ice shanty and all its members :clap: :clap: :clap: :icefish:
catch some leave some

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 2010, 06:26 AM »
Prchslyr, you going for the group hug again?

Everyone pointed to Dave Genz as the most influential individual related to ice fishing. I said Scott was right up there by creating this site. I hold this to be true ;D

Often imitated....never duplicated.....IceShanty.com

RG
That's right rg. We often forget about the man that started it all. Get up in here Scott. Pop it open. It's group hug time.

Offline CanIceCpl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Greetings from Ottawa, ON. Go Sens Go !
« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2010, 11:09 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, but whoever (newbie ignorance) started this ... is a stinking genious and I thank him sooooooooooooo much !

My first year has been very enjoyable because of IceShanty.com

D&T

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11 on: Mar 11, 2010, 05:29 AM »
Let me add my thanks to all the members for their shared knowledge,photos,videos,etc. Also extra special thanks to IS administrator Scott and all the Moderators I know this season had to be challenging with two server upgrades.
  I still find it hard to believe except for the cost of the electricity to ruin my computer that Ice Shanty is a free website. (no registration fee or yearly membership fee) Enjoy what remains of your collective ice seasons and stay safe.
 Steve

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 11, 2010, 05:39 AM »
Let me add my thanks to all the members for their shared knowledge,photos,videos,etc. Also extra special thanks to IS administrator Scott and all the Moderators I know this season had to be challenging with two server upgrades.
  I still find it hard to believe except for the cost of the electricity to ruin my computer that Ice Shanty is a free website. (no registration fee or yearly membership fee) Enjoy what remains of your collective ice seasons and stay safe.
 Steve
Very good point mr.clean.
We often forget as users what exactly goes into keeping this site free. Someone , Scott I assume, is out there pounding the streets looking for sponsors. I'm sure it takes some work to keep the pro shop rolling and profitable as well.

Offline bababooey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 11, 2010, 10:40 PM »
I'm just glad I can get iceshanty on my phone! When the fishing is slow, I just look at the new post on the chit chat section.. gotta love it!

Offline fin-n-feather

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Shanty rocks!!!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 12, 2010, 12:24 AM »
Simply the BEST!!!!  Fin

Offline GT66PONY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 12, 2010, 01:11 AM »

Best fishing format I have found

Offline skidplate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 12, 2010, 09:46 AM »
A big thanks from me.  I love stuff that is free, and on top of it I don't even need a computer, I'm on my phone;-)  I've been entertained and learned a lot on this site.  Plus I have a place to rant...love it, thanks again and see ya'll on MFF, but don't think it's the same as Shanty.  Later,    AJ
I'm Gonna go to bed...I'm gonna change my pants and go to bed.

Offline WYO.FRENCHCOMMANDO

• IceShanty Rookie
  • All Veterans deserve our utmost respect.
« Reply #17 on: Mar 12, 2010, 09:05 PM »
Ice shanty is not just a source of information, but a way for people with a common interest to interact and further enjoy the addiction we all refer to as
"ice fishing"!!!!!!  THIS SITE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.