The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Catching my first PIKE at a Super Secret, Unknown, Hidden Lake X location!  (Read 1708 times)

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish, and than fish some more!
NEW POST FEATURE: Due to popular demand! Now with %90 LESS HOTSPOTTING!  ;D ;D ;D

My First Pike and My Last Birthday in my 20s! Here's to many more fun birthdays on the Ice!

Offline Born Late

• Team IceShanty Addict
OMG, really? You couldn’t have just said “West of the Mississippi?”

Well done. And way to counter our wrath with a sense of humor.
YOU are the only one who can decide if the ice is safe enough for you.

Offline Born 2 Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
Love it!!!

Offline theron86

• IceShanty Rookie
Good work Boomer! Way to keep it a secret  ;D

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Some good jest in the title  :P Keep on having fun fishing.
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Offline gf hardwater guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
LOL. By the way, aren't you terrified that the phone you use to track your bobber mechanism isn't going to end up in the bottom of the body of water you're fishing. 

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
I'm still gonna need the GPS coords for science.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline B bob

• IceShanty Rookie
You should post on the reports page that X lake.  Its not like every lake in montana is on there already named and people constantly reporting on not only ice conditions but what they caught.  Funny a video causes a stir but there is an exact place to share (or brag) on how well you did on a named lake for all to see.  Confused on the difference?!?!?!?!?

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hammer handle but big fun as an inaugural pike. Nothing easier on the eyes than a pretty lady with a winning smile holding up a just caught fish. Thanks.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
Good work Boomer! Way to keep it a secret  ;D

I'm learning! haha

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hammer handle but big fun as an inaugural pike. Nothing easier on the eyes than a pretty lady with a winning smile holding up a just caught fish. Thanks.
Yeah! Can't wait to catch one of a decent size! Must be a thrill!

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
LOL. By the way, aren't you terrified that the phone you use to track your bobber mechanism isn't going to end up in the bottom of the body of water you're fishing.
People drop phones down the ice holes all the time. Gotta be more careful! :)

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
BoomerFTW  Happy Birthday congratulations to your female friend and you on catching both of your first pike through the ice. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:  Just for your knowledge there is a device called a jaw spreader which will hold the pike's mouth open and make it easier to see and remove your hook. Also some friendly suggestions purchase some type of ice creepers a fall on the ice can result in a serious injury, be careful with your pets if they try to make a suden stop while running after it easy for them to damage tendons muscles in their legs not to mention taking a fish hook in their lips or mouths.

Steve

Offline gf hardwater guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Boomer, I know, my buddy has one sitting in about 32 feet of water on the bottom of the Lake of the Woods. Door slammed on the ice house and plop, perfect center hole fall in. Happened in what seemed to be like slow motion.

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
BoomerFTW  Happy Birthday congratulations to your female friend and you on catching both of your first pike through the ice. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:  Just for your knowledge there is a device called a jaw spreader which will hold the pike's mouth open and make it easier to see and remove your hook. Also some friendly suggestions purchase some type of ice creepers a fall on the ice can result in a serious injury, be careful with your pets if they try to make a suden stop while running after it easy for them to damage tendons muscles in their legs not to mention taking a fish hook in their lips or mouths.

Steve
Thanks! Yeah that was my sister who caught the other Pike and she was pretty thrilled! :D
That jaw spreader definitely sounds helpful, and I have ice cleats I wear on the bottom of my boots, but no one else had them so they were slipping around. Thanks for the tips!

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
Congrats,nice footage.
Dont ask

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.