Author Topic: Fished Winni today  (Read 3471 times)

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
Fished Winni today
« on: Mar 22, 2008, 04:39 PM »
Went to North end of Winni today with OlRusty, NHFishah and Makeshiftshanty. Met Crazy Dana at AJ's, We think we saw Adrien waiting for a client?? Not sure but it looked like it could have been him (Adrien do you own a big white truck with snowmobile and hut raise up on a platform above the bed? If so how the heck does that work?)
Anyway we headed out, getting there a little later than we should have and got right into the jumbo white perch. It seemed like it was going to last forever but it didn't. It actually ended pretty quickly as the sun came up in the sky. I got mine on a salmo-chubby darter. They were inhaling it on every drop. The others were using swedish pimps, blade baits and smelt on tip ups. When the bite slowed Makeshift and I headed out for some laker action. I hooked up on my first drop and the fish shook free half way up. Had a few other lookers but no more bites. NHFishah and OlRusty joined us around 12:30. It was pretty much over but NHFishah managed a couple hits and landed one before we called it quits around 2:30. The wind let up a bit but not enough as far as I'm concerned. In fact it picked up as we left.

The jumbo whites are a ball on a light jig rod, might try them again (maybe in the early am) before the season ends. Edges on the lake were top shape, still a ton of good ice. I guess it could be at least another two weeks left up there without any problems.

Only took one picture of NHFishahs laker but I probably wont post it as it was the only picture I bothered to pull my camera out for.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline hamadog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Fished Winni today
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2008, 04:43 PM »
Were you guys up by black cat. We stopped and talked to some guys that were catching the white ones. 

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2008, 05:02 PM »
Were you guys up by black cat. We stopped and talked to some guys that were catching the white ones. 

A little west of there.

Spike
gallery

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2008, 05:05 PM »
A little west of there.

Spike
hey spike......that wind was persistent today wasn't it........also a great day for the sunblock
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2008, 05:15 PM »
Hey Guys,

Glad to hear you got some fish.  ;)

My buddies and I were up on Winni today too ( Out by Welch ) Good 20" of ice still here.
We didn't do too much fishin' though.... It was all business today. Had to extract the shack.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2008, 05:34 PM »
First: :embarassed: MY HONKER IS FRIED!!!

Capt Spike.
Yes that is my rig. There is a 9ft. ramp inside the deck that slides out to drive the sled up and down and slide the shack up, it works very well and very easy, beats the hell out of a trailer in my humble opinion. I also have a magnum otter sled that fits in the bed of the truck under the deck.

Also correct, waiting for clients to show up for a charter.

I had the black jacket tucked into Blue Ice Armor Bibs and a black hat or Pats Cap.

We headed towards long island and fished. Set up and started whacking whites and lakers immidiately, the boys had 2 perch and 2 lakers on the ice before i set a tip up, caught them pretty steady a mix of lakers and perch and then a group shows up a couple hours later and i guess saw us catching fish and proceeded to drill at least 6 holes between 2 of my traps :o ::) 6 HOLES BETWEEN 2 OF MY TRAPS!
I didn't need that crap so i picked up my traps and gear and moved, if he wanted that spot so bad he can have it, it's obvious the kind of people i would have been dealing with so i said nothing and walked away.

Any ways moved a few hundread yards where there were no white perch but lots of lakers and my clients ended up landing 23 lake trout, half jigging on AJ's perch Bucktails and half on tip ups. They bit steady until about 1 and then only 2 or 3 the last hour and a half and we packed it in.

Minus the wind it was a GREAT DAY, lots of sun and lots of fish!

Here is the guys with a few whites, i omly have 1 pic of the Lake Trout they were all cookie cutter Lake Winni Lakers from 17-21 inches but a ton of fun on a medium action rod!!

PROUD SPONSOR OF ICESHANTY.COM

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2008, 08:45 PM »
Yo Adrien,

Nice Fish!

Another good day of fishing I see  :D.    My buddy & I were interested in heading out with you this spring, We'll be in touch  ;)

Offline Jiffy Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 2008, 07:34 AM »
I would love to get into some whites before the season ends. If anyone heads out again before the season ends (preferably during the week) let me know if you wouldn't mind some company. Glad you guys had a good day. I headed out to Bellamy...again...and got into some big crappie. Got about 20 before I got fed up with the wind and went home. Glad everyone had a somewhat productive day...Tim

Offline Jiffy Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 23, 2008, 07:40 AM »
6 HOLES BETWEEN 2 OF MY TRAPS!
I didn't need that crap so i picked up my traps and gear and moved, if he wanted that spot so bad he can have it, it's obvious the kind of people i would have been dealing with so i said nothing and walked away.

Adrien, I feel your pain on that one...I probably should have swallowed my pride and done the same earlier this year on Bellamy...Tim

Offline hamadog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 23, 2008, 09:03 AM »
I wish I knew it was you capt. We were the guys that stopped by in the green truck. F&G officer told us people were catching fish up that way. Conditions were great for traveling around via truck and checking things out. Haven't fished that area in along time and figured we would check it out and visit some friends up at the north end. Took the house off "reluctantly" yesterday with the conditions as good as they were. I would say right now is the best the ice has been this season so far. I measured 20-24inches in most places with 12+ snow ice being on top. We bounced around various places for a hour or two catching one small mouth jigging and a 26in cusk on a tip-up with smelt. Going to do day trips with the wheeler till the shoreline gives out.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 23, 2008, 01:41 PM »
 then a group shows up a couple hours later and i guess saw us catching fish and proceeded to drill at least 6 holes between 2 of my traps :o ::) 6 HOLES BETWEEN 2 OF MY TRAPS!

You were dealing with "Flatlanders". Here's their sign...... ::)

Any respectable fishermen knows you don't need to crowd anyone else. Big lake. Lots of room.

Another nice job of fishing. Glad you had success with your clients.
JIGGIN.

Offline olrustyboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • sorry to leave
« Reply #11 on: Mar 23, 2008, 06:29 PM »
then a group shows up a couple hours later and i guess saw us catching fish and proceeded to drill at least 6 holes between 2 of my traps :o ::) 6 HOLES BETWEEN 2 OF MY TRAPS!

You were dealing with "Flatlanders". Here's their sign...... ::)

Any respectable fishermen knows you don't need to crowd anyone else. Big lake. Lots of room.

Another nice job of fishing. Glad you had success with your clients.
JIGGIN.
again the flatlanders give it break

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 24, 2008, 05:59 AM »
again the flatlanders give it break

Yeah flatlanders, like the Newfound region is so mountainous.

LOL.

I'm a flatlander and I don't drill holes like that.

Spike
gallery

Offline Salmon Seeker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish To Live Live to Fish
« Reply #13 on: Mar 24, 2008, 07:00 AM »
    I am also a Flatlander and would never even think of doing something like that.If someone invites you to join them then thats a differant story.Any respectable outdoorsman allows others to have their own space to enjoy whatever sport they are doing.
JIBBS DRILL SOME HOLES

Offline hrdwtr24

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Mar 24, 2008, 01:20 PM »
    I am also a Flatlander and would never even think of doing something like that.If someone invites you to join them then thats a differant story.Any respectable outdoorsman allows others to have their own space to enjoy whatever sport they are doing.

I am also a  "flatlander" and would NEVER even think of doing somthing like this...Bob..

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Mar 24, 2008, 04:59 PM »
You know what , maybe we should start boasting that we are flatlanders. What is to be embarassed about?
We have all our teeth and we didn't marry our.....oh never mind this is going nowhere.

Spike
gallery

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #16 on: Mar 25, 2008, 05:10 AM »
Yeah flatlanders, like the Newfound region is so mountainous.

LOL.

I'm a flatlander and I don't drill holes like that.

Spike

Then your not a flattie in my book if you show respect and have some common courtesy. Flatties in my book don't. I wouldn't be proud to admit that.
By the way, have you ever been to Newfound? Ever take in the scenery?

JIGGIN.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #17 on: Mar 26, 2008, 11:15 AM »
You know what , maybe we should start boasting that we are flatlanders. What is to be embarassed about?
We have all our teeth and we didn't marry our.....oh never mind this is going nowhere.

Spike

I've got no problems calling you a flatlander.

Capt. Flatlander....nice ring to it eh? We could even call you C.F. for short...... LOL

Just kidding with ya.
JIGGIN.

Offline olrustyboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • sorry to leave
« Reply #18 on: Mar 28, 2008, 08:35 AM »
Hey Capt. Flatlander

Are you fishing the scenic alpine region of the state this weekend. Let me know whats up.

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Mar 28, 2008, 11:28 AM »
Hey Capt. Flatlander

Are you fishing the scenic alpine region of the state this weekend. Let me know whats up.

I hope to would you like to book a spot on the bus? I think weag's is planning on going too.

Spike, er Capt. Flatlander.
gallery

Offline olrustyboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • sorry to leave
« Reply #20 on: Mar 28, 2008, 01:34 PM »
I hope it's a big bus cause Dan B. expressed some interest in going to the  high country.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.