Author Topic: anybody seeing ice?  (Read 4146 times)

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
anybody seeing ice?
« on: Nov 23, 2007, 05:20 PM »
any of y'all seeing ice up there? Im in texas and the only ice I see is keeping the beer cold...... why did I have to come south when it finaly starts getting cold up there?

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: anybody seeing ice?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2007, 08:05 AM »
Ya we have had some larger ponds staying locked up.  The smaller ones have been locked up for 3 days or so now!

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2007, 08:19 AM »
the pond down the street where I get bait is frozen over time to get the traps out of it.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline njsimonson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Panfish are the new walleyes
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2007, 08:28 AM »
Starting to ice up here on the Iron Range in NEMN. 
Born to fish, forced to go to work and think about fishing and talk about fishing with coworkers.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2007, 09:13 AM »
the pond down the street where I get bait is frozen over time to get the traps out of it.
you use a still water trap in a pond can you give hint on how to do it its one thing i never tried   thankx  mo  ps its cold enough to freeze the bird bath but not the lake   mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2007, 12:43 PM »
yee haw! by next weekend I ought to be on ice!

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2007, 02:21 PM »
yee haw! by next weekend I ought to be on ice!

~Neal

I am going up to look at an apartment on Weds I believe.  If I do, I am going to check for ice!

Offline KJB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2007, 04:24 PM »
some smaller ponds are skimming over, the only good ice i've seen in in my glass of jack ???
kjb

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2007, 06:16 PM »
ATVed in Claremont Friday, saw no ice on any ponds. Puddles had ice but broke freely when traveled over. Swamps were wide open.
ATV'ed in New Durham today and the swamps were skimmed over, some puddles solid, some skim on the merrimeeting river around the edges. Didn't see anything on any lakes. Looks like its ready to turn fast in that area anyway. If the cold keeps up it wont be long.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 24, 2007, 06:20 PM »
ATVed in Claremont Friday
Hey man...stay out of the Cat Hole! LOL!  Chased a lot of moose in there last moose season.  Ended up killing one in Ackworth.  The trails are cool up there.  I drove my jeep on most of them!

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2007, 03:08 AM »
If I get a deer early, I might go up to Pittsburg to check out the conditions next weekend.  I took next Friday through Tuesday off.  Plenty of time to go up and see if some of the smaller water hasn't iced over yet.  I know they have snow, but that's all I know right now.

Offline yooperdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 25, 2007, 04:27 AM »
all of the smaller lakes and ponds got ice, at least 1 - 11/2". im thinking another week or so for the small ponds i start on here in the upper peninsula of michigan.
da splake chaser

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 25, 2007, 05:25 AM »
hey yoouper dave i spent 8 tears in the UP. Was there from nov. 75 to oct. 83. Was in the air force. Lots of good times and great fishing. I,m now located in southere maine.  Good luck in your fish hunting.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 25, 2007, 06:30 AM »
If I get a deer early, I might go up to Pittsburg to check out the conditions next weekend.  I took next Friday through Tuesday off.  Plenty of time to go up and see if some of the smaller water hasn't iced over yet.  I know they have snow, but that's all I know right now.

As off opening weekend, back lake was 1/4 frozen over. That is great news except you can not fish back lake!

Click on trail conditions and then look at the web cams. Back Lake is the only body of water showing ice.  3rd might be locked up though!

[urlhttp://pittsburgridgerunners.org/][/url]

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
« Reply #14 on: Nov 25, 2007, 09:22 PM »
Today I went by Lily Pond in Gilford and it was iced in good in late afternoon, a lot of locals use this sign as a 2 week prelude to ice-in on the big lake. lets see what happens though it seems awful early. Bring it on!

Offline rockhound57

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Nov 25, 2007, 11:03 PM »
see my post on the Me. gen board  It's Here!!!

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=60305.0    ;)2 :thumbsup: :woot: :clap: :clap: :woot: :clap:   :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: FLAG!!!!
      live free or die in NH, fish western ME

Offline duubs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 26, 2007, 11:45 AM »
I walked out on highland lake in stoddard sunday when we got back from hunting about 2inches around the boat launch

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.