Author Topic: aluminum spools and hardware  (Read 3164 times)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
aluminum spools and hardware
« on: Nov 20, 2007, 03:09 PM »
hey gang, i looking to fix up some old traps that my uncle made for me about 15 years ago. i am looking for aluminum spools, but can not find any online. jack traps makes them, but i don't want to pay 12 dollars a  piece. the guy in my town can make them for 12 and i get the whole trap, which brings  up a point......duck doctor if you are looking for new traps roland patry in berlin makes the best homemade traps on the market. give him a call if you are interested or stop in at the milan store they usually have them for sale. they also make great christmas gifts........just ask pickeral boy
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: aluminum spools and hardware
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2007, 03:15 PM »
Thanks for the heads up man!  I will check them out when I get up there!  Speaking about being up there, where can I buy bait at like 3am?

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2007, 03:32 PM »
my buddy rich knows a guy around cedar pond that works right out of the house. you go in the basement and leave the money. milan store does bait, but you would have to go the night before. they probably do not open until 6 or 7. i will get you that phone number and the place as soon as my buddy rich gets out of the woods........that will be at the end of deer hunting season.
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2007, 03:35 PM »
my buddy rich knows a guy around cedar pond that works right out of the house. you go in the basement and leave the money. milan store does bait, but you would have to go the night before. they probably do not open until 6 or 7. i will get you that phone number and the place as soon as my buddy rich gets out of the woods........that will be at the end of deer hunting season.

That is great. We have two "honor system" bait shops down here that are very handy. Although one got ripped off pretty bad not too long ago.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2007, 06:32 PM »
it sucks when somebody ruins a good thing. it can be nice to wake up early.......get the bait and not worry about overnight kill. i have a pretty good system going now, but in the past i have had my share of dead bait in the morning. as for the aluminum spools........i worked on the fix me uppers tonight and i think i worked out a few kinks. i do need one more, but that would give me about 30 working traps, which sounds like a little like over kill. however, i like to bring out a lot of amateurs (not saying i am a pro, but i act like it)  to fish and its nice to have a set for them. i plan on taking a trip out to kittery to pick up a few things, so i will see what they have up there.i will probably walk out of there 200 light........i always do. the worst part.....i already have everything i need

Offline something smells fishy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2007, 07:10 PM »
when you  guys are talking traps do you mean tip ups, like the tripod style I have never seen a style referred to as  a trap . might be a stupid question but  what the hell eh

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2007, 06:31 AM »
when you  guys are talking traps do you mean tip ups, like the tripod style I have never seen a style referred to as  a trap . might be a stupid question but  what the hell eh

A trap and a tip-up are one in the same ;D
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline something smells fishy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2007, 08:05 AM »
thanks

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2007, 11:16 AM »

I call all style tip ups traps. Maybe it is a New England thing.

Offline rockhound57

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2007, 11:20 PM »
duck doctor :"That is great. We have two "honor system" bait shops down here that are very handy. Although one got ripped off pretty bad not too long ago."

sounds like a good place for a wildlife camera hooked direct to dvd
   :nono: >:D :nono: :%$#!: :%$#!: :callcops:
      live free or die in NH, fish western ME

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.