Author Topic: Friday can't come soon enough!  (Read 1548 times)

Offline NHSlabbinCabin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Friday can't come soon enough!
« on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:33 PM »
Can't wait for Friday to get my cusk traps out for the derby. Got my spots all picked out for lakers and cusk, my new marcum should be here tomorrow, bait will be picked up, beers ice cold. It's going to be a great weekend!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Re: Friday can't come soon enough!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:40 PM »
I hear..be a long week...I think the weather and ice conditions should be great..Wednesday storm should have no impact..4 to 8 will hardly make things tough..Sundays storm could make it hard for me to get home on Monday..heard it could be a bomber
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline NHSlabbinCabin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:58 PM »
More snow Sunday? I might have to take Monday off to fish.

Offline OldCaveman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2014, 06:00 PM »
I hear..be a long week...I think the weather and ice conditions should be great..Wednesday storm should have no impact..4 to 8 will hardly make things tough..Sundays storm could make it hard for me to get home on Monday..heard it could be a bomber

Jibb's if it's a bad one Sunday why go home, school will be cancelled . Have a great weekend
John

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2014, 06:06 PM »
   Jibb's if it's a bad one Sunday why go home, school will be cancelled . Have a great weekend
i have a personal day already for Monday ..I'm staying..I heard acrumor it could be a two footer but I can't prove that..
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline John-Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2014, 08:00 PM »
Can't wait for Friday to get my cusk traps out for the derby. Got my spots all picked out for lakers and cusk, my new marcum should be here tomorrow, bait will be picked up, beers ice cold. It's going to be a great weekend!

Feeling the same way, like a little boy on Christmas eve. No spot picked out, never caught a cusk or laker, but ready to give em' hell.......um make that heck, I'll have my 9 yr old son with me

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2014, 08:21 PM »
It's about the memories not the fish. Can't wait. Good luck everyone
[

Mama Says happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.......

Offline wautuhguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2014, 05:13 AM »
It's about the memories not the fish. Can't wait. Good luck everyone

Aint that the truth JR. As I was prepairing for my umpteenth derby recently, I wondered how many
hours of prep per fish caught or tens of dollars spent per fish. Then, for a second, I thought what an idiot
I must be to engage in such an act of futility as the rotary derby, but quickly I remembered how priceless
the memories were (I can remember something good or bad from every derby) and knew there was
 nothing I'd rather be doing. I happily went back to my prep and plans for catching the big one. :)

Offline DovaIceFisha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2014, 05:19 AM »
this weekend is like my christmas, i hope everyone has a great derby and be safe all.

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2014, 06:48 AM »
not fishing the derby but i will be fishing gunna get up early cook breakfast on the ice try some jiggin for some crappie in the dark and a case a brew gunna be a good weekend! good luck to everyone fishing the derby and everyone stay on top
I Chase Toothy Critters!!!!

Offline Nitro16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2014, 07:17 AM »
not fishing the derby but i will be fishing gunna get up early cook breakfast on the ice try some jiggin for some crappie in the dark and a case a brew gunna be a good weekend! good luck to everyone fishing the derby and everyone stay on top
Erik you can win it with crappie so why not buy a ticket. After the bows we caught I may go back to that spot but not sure yet. Sent you pm too
Born to fish, forced to work....

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2014, 07:24 AM »
Erik you can win it with crappie so why not buy a ticket. After the bows we caught I may go back to that spot but not sure yet. Sent you pm too

Ryan i am too cheap hahaha and i figure i dont have that kind of luck maybe ill change my mind we'll see im only fishing one day. Sent you a PM back!

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2014, 07:25 AM »
I can't wait either! Going out fri and camping out in the bobhouse all weekend. Dont give a damn what we get for weather! ;D

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2014, 07:27 AM »
Ryan i am too cheap hahaha and i figure i dont have that kind of luck maybe ill change my mind we'll see im only fishing one day. Sent you a PM back!

Erik this year?

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2014, 07:29 AM »
Erik this year?

haha maybeeee ill give it a shot  :tipup:

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2014, 07:44 AM »
Erik, you and PDubs will have a great time, he is a good guy to fish and hang with.

Just enjoy your day, don't worry about the derby...wouldn't want you taking my prize money anyways ;-)

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2014, 07:47 AM »
Erik, you and PDubs will have a great time, he is a good guy to fish and hang with.

Just enjoy your day, don't worry about the derby...wouldn't want you taking my prize money anyways ;-)

my buddy caught a 29" 7lb pickerel on sunday where i am fishing sooooo i may have to put all those fishing lessons you have given me into action  ;D

Offline NHSlabbinCabin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 04, 2014, 12:49 PM »
Marcum showdown arrived today. A few dozen bait added to the tank. Auger sharpened. Tip ups re-spooled. Getting there! 3 more days!

Offline treeguymark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2014, 12:56 PM »
t
my buddy caught a 29" 7lb pickerel on sunday where i am fishing sooooo i may have to put all those fishing lessons you have given me into action  ;D
that wouldnt be the the one that came from a certain unnamed pond over in atkinson would it ?? ;D if so i saw that fish up close yesterday and couldnt believe the size of that thing !!! :o :o
fishin is my mission !!

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 04, 2014, 01:07 PM »
tthat wouldnt be the the one that came from a certain unnamed pond over in atkinson would it ?? ;D if so i saw that fish up close yesterday and couldnt believe the size of that thing !!! :o :o

nope this is a different one haha but i did see that one on the book of face aswell

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 04, 2014, 01:50 PM »
[/quot
I've always had doubts about the existing NH pickerel??      26" but over 8 lbs!!   possible  but hard to imagine.  I asked F&G for a photo but they couldn't find one! 
Hope its on someone's wall.  Quite a trophy!

Dick

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 04, 2014, 01:53 PM »
i agree with you Dick. i was just looking at that today actually and thought hmmm that is a massively obese pickerel i have caught 25"ers that were maybe 3.5- 4 lbs

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.