Author Topic: gettin' ready.....  (Read 1728 times)

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
gettin' ready.....
« on: Nov 16, 2011, 04:39 PM »
got some new toys today.....

1:eTREX handheld g.p.s........now ill be able to find the top of that shelf where the lakers like to come up from the depths, year after year.....and
   "plus it was on sale!" as the wife would say!...hehehe

2:Ice treckers with chains........ive always used the yack-track, and have had good luck. em' these are the same design but with chains...

3:eskimo 2pc. ice chisle....would have went with jiffy's but i had a gift cert....and they didnt (cabelas) have the jiffy,....but boy this thing is rugged...but heavy!
   jiffys is much lighter...

took friday off from work to just to organise...finish up the bob-house..(pics are comin').....

so im gettin' ready!!
                                                                                                                        -tippin-
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
Re: gettin' ready.....
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2011, 07:23 PM »
Nice toys you got for the season, its like you have a early Christmas going on. ;) I dont need much for gear, did organize stuff though.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2011, 07:27 PM »
Very nice Tippin! You put a lot of time into your ice fishing this year and that's what it's all about, your hooked.

Today my Frabill suit came in. Wow. The suit is well built and well insulated. I ordered the XL and glad I did kinda. The bibs fit (alittle snug but I'm working on that) but the jacket is a bit big. I can layer underneath the jacket but don't think I need to. It's well insulated between the combination of the bibs and jacket. Just cinch it up some I suppose.

Got my tip ups ready. New leader and hooks. Sharpened the chisel (glad to hear you picked one up), Creepers are nice, I'll stick to my stabilicers though and put new screws in the heel and toe area, pulled out the depth sounder, will fire up the auger later, cleaned up some in the bob house, got all my bait put together, headlight has new batteries, need to still fire up the propane stove and portable, sled and atv are getting tuned up, and so much more to do.................

I guess I'm gettin' ready too.

See  you on the ice!

JIGGIN.

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2011, 07:58 PM »
Very nice Tippin! You put a lot of time into your ice fishing this year and that's what it's all about, your hooked.

Today my Frabill suit came in. Wow. The suit is well built and well insulated. I ordered the XL and glad I did kinda. The bibs fit (alittle snug but I'm working on that) but the jacket is a bit big. I can layer underneath the jacket but don't think I need to. It's well insulated between the combination of the bibs and jacket. Just cinch it up some I suppose.

Got my tip ups ready. New leader and hooks. Sharpened the chisel (glad to hear you picked one up), Creepers are nice, I'll stick to my stabilicers though and put new screws in the heel and toe area, pulled out the depth sounder, will fire up the auger later, cleaned up some in the bob house, got all my bait put together, headlight has new batteries, need to still fire up the propane stove and portable, sled and atv are getting tuned up, and so much more to do.................

See  you on the ice!

JIGGIN.

looking forward to the 1 time  early ice vistit with you and laker-taker on lake x this yr.....this will be yr. # 3 for me there....
is dave d. doing the tune up?...i have a bud helping me out with my sled that has sat for 5 yrs. hoping that will work out...
and yes ......there is soo much more to do....lol
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2011, 04:34 PM »

See  you on the ice!

JIGGIN.
you'll love the suit man.

surflizard

« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2011, 04:56 PM »
Great score, gotta love new ice gear !

Offline Wounded Rabbit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2011, 04:27 AM »
Hmmm....might have to go troll the internet looking at sum new gear for x-mas....better yet...head down to the bait shop this morning and do a little window shopping...
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
Clint Eastwood
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

surflizard

« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2011, 06:41 AM »
Approach AJs with Caution, they were unloading a TT load of ice gear the other day ! :unsure: :blink: :roflmao:

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2011, 10:10 AM »
I'm doing the same sort of thing.  New runners and skis for the shack; insulated the floor (should make a huge difference);  (2) new 12v lights wired in; re-hung the doors with improved hinges (had a mishap  in "light" Newfounds winds  ;)); new seams with caulking and a fresh coat of stain; new deep cycle battery.  Going to order a Marcum VS380 next week and pick up a trailer.  I ordered some "Reel Image" jigs from Cabelas, too.  Had great luck on the late season open water jigging for the staged lakers on Winni.  Maybe they will work through the ice, too.  Re-organized the tackle boxes and cleaned up those nice chairs Jiggin gave me.  I have to order an auger mount for the new Arctic Cat.  Haven't decided if I'm going with the "tube style" one or not.
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #9 on: Nov 20, 2011, 08:51 AM »
NHtroutfreak where are you going to order tube stile auger mount.I'd likeone myself Thanks.   Art

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 20, 2011, 02:51 PM »
I bought some fresh gas and fired up the auger today. 3rd pull!

Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

surflizard

« Reply #11 on: Nov 20, 2011, 03:04 PM »
Nice !! 

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #12 on: Nov 21, 2011, 06:00 AM »
NHtroutfreak where are you going to order tube stile auger mount.I'd likeone myself Thanks.   Art

If I decide to go with the tube style auger holder, I'll probably order it from a retailer on eBay.  They are a lot more money than some of the other styles, but you get complete protection. 

"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #13 on: Nov 21, 2011, 06:22 AM »
If I decide to go with the tube style auger holder, I'll probably order it from a retailer on eBay.  They are a lot more money than some of the other styles, but you get complete protection. 

(Image removed from quote.)

Troutfreak,

What is a tube style auger holder? Like the Otter's auger holder? A plastic sleeve you slide your auger into?

I believe they attach to the monster rear box too as well as other attachements for atv's.

JIGGIN.

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #14 on: Nov 21, 2011, 06:37 AM »
Troutfreak,

What is a tube style auger holder? Like the Otter's auger holder? A plastic sleeve you slide your auger into?

I believe they attach to the monster rear box too as well as other attachements for atv's.

JIGGIN.

A "tube style" is just that.  A tube that you slide the auger into offering the best protection.  Yes, like the Otter's auger holder.  I couldn't find anything from Otter that would allow it to be attached to the front or back rack or monster box.  It looks like it is more for throwing in the back of a truck or jet sled.  The Arctic Cat one is designed for the SpeedRack system with the proper hardware to attach it.  Jiggin, if you have any more insight now that I have completely hijacked this thread, please feel free.  It looks like the Otter stuff may be better priced.
Clark Gable

surflizard

« Reply #15 on: Nov 21, 2011, 06:52 AM »
Hey NHTF
The otter catolog shows a slide on bracket for the auger tube on the side of the rear mount monster box ! You can slide the tube onto either the right or left hand side ! Slide the tube in and go, pretty slick looking design !

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #16 on: Nov 21, 2011, 08:42 AM »
Hey NHTF
The otter catolog shows a slide on bracket for the auger tube on the side of the rear mount monster box ! You can slide the tube onto either the right or left hand side ! Slide the tube in and go, pretty slick looking design !

Surf's right...that's what I was thinking you were looking at....the Otter. Pretty neat set up and has other attachments too you just slide onto the side of the box. The monster box is HUGE, can hold three 5 gallon buckets inside of the box. Check out their site.

JIGGIN.

Offline newfound

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Nov 21, 2011, 10:05 AM »
I bought some fresh gas and fired up the auger today. 3rd pull!

Guinea,  I remember you giving me a number of a local guy/gal that does small engine repair.. I think in Alexandria.  I can't find that number now.  Is it Corliss ?  I left them a message today.. I'm looking to get a newer Jiffy30 fixed up so it runs right.  I think Corliss fixed yours.

TF, I like the tube style auger mount.  That is giving me Ideas to make a mount for the back of my snowmachine using 10" Schedule 40 PVC.

I'm starting to gear up now.

NB

Offline newfound

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Nov 21, 2011, 10:08 AM »
How do the Fabril Ice suits rate against IceArmor/Arctic Armor?

NB

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 21, 2011, 11:35 AM »
NB, actually, I bought the rebuild kit from Corliss, but our very own Surflizard did the actual repairs.  ;D

I haven't heard anything bad about him, though. I've heard of a few people recommending him.
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 21, 2011, 04:28 PM »
How do the Fabril Ice suits rate against IceArmor/Arctic Armor?

NB
not sure who it rates but i have checked out all of them last year and found the frabill has the best bang for the buck. better made, great fit and impervious to the elements. sometimes, i only use the jacket and only wear the bibs in extreme conditions

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #21 on: Nov 21, 2011, 05:49 PM »
Surf's right...that's what I was thinking you were looking at....the Otter. Pretty neat set up and has other attachments too you just slide onto the side of the box. The monster box is HUGE, can hold three 5 gallon buckets inside of the box. Check out their site.

JIGGIN.

I found it.  Looks awesome, but its a little pricey for me right now ($260 for the medium box and $75 for the auger shield).  Maybe if I ask Santa...
Clark Gable

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.