Author Topic: Fished Cobbetts Today  (Read 2201 times)

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
Fished Cobbetts Today
« on: Mar 04, 2009, 04:22 PM »
got out there around 11 am fished till about 3 ended up with 3 larry's and 3 perch and a couple other interesting flags, one was a total screamer, i have never seen a spool spin so fast and ive seen some very fast spinning spools lol. no idea what it was i set the hook to hard for how fast it was running and didnt feel a thing, im thinking if it was a bass it would have had it good and i probly would of had him or atleast felt him, im thinking it was a possibly a brown but who knows. ended up being pretty nice out aside from the wind but we had the portable so it wasnt to bad at all, ended up packing it up early and hitting up Denny's for some burgers. (probly the best part of the day) haha.

i ended up forgeting the camera in the truck or i would have larry pics, they werent anything special anyway all around 2 pounds. got pics on my cell phone does anybody know how you can transfer pics from a cell to your cpu? for future reference.

Catch A Buzz

Offline ADK NH GUY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fished Cobbetts Today
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2009, 04:56 PM »
Sounds like a great day.  Saturday was the same thing for me out there.  I had 13 flags and only 6 fish.  3 to 4 times my reels were screamin and almost spooled and yet nothing on them.  In fact I have to put new line on one of my reels because it got all knotted up.  I am heading out there again Tuesday morning.

A mans Shanty is his Castle

Offline Egg7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2009, 05:05 PM »
ive had that happen out there as well; however, the first brown i pulled out this year from there i thought was a pickeral...he took some line out and by the time i got to the flag he was just sittin there not moving...weird.

Katahdin '10

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2009, 05:06 PM »
we had some screamers at pawtuckaway last saturday, but they were all smallies......those buggers can really make that spool spin......
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2009, 05:09 PM »
is there smallies in cobbetts? i didnt bother to check the species list i knew there were larrys and trout thats all i cared about

Catch A Buzz

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2009, 05:12 PM »
is there smallies in cobbetts? i didnt bother to check the species list i knew there were larrys and trout thats all i cared about
not sure, but perch can make those babies spin as well......who knows......it stinks when you have a great spinner and you pick up the line and they are gone.......i had one this winter where i was taking a flag and i could hear the next flag over from it roaring.......talk about getting excited
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2009, 05:17 PM »
yeah we ended up with a couple perch but they were slow runners / barely moveing , got most of them on the deep trap to 20 ft deep, i think it might of been a small larry, who knows though oh well

Catch A Buzz

Offline Flags up

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2009, 05:22 PM »
There are smallies in cobbetts. They used to be hard to come by but now they're plentiful. Mostly catch them in the summer when they're chasing the schools of elwives.  Don't catch that many on hard water.

Offline Iceholes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Quest for the Gold Flag
« Reply #8 on: Mar 04, 2009, 05:40 PM »
Cobbetts  does hold some smallies.

To transfer pics from camera.  Send the picture in a text message, but instead of a number, type in your e-maill address, then save it from your e-mail.

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #9 on: Mar 04, 2009, 05:41 PM »
Cobbetts  does hold some smallies.

To transfer pics from camera.  Send the picture in a text message, but instead of a number, type in your e-maill address, then save it from your e-mail.

awesome thanks

Catch A Buzz

Offline NHfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2009, 05:43 PM »
There are some monster smallies in Cobbetts, weve caught them up to 4 pounds this year and I lost one that wouldve been 4.5-5 at the hole. We get them 15-30 feet on a muddy bottom with sparse cover, they are really concentrated to a few places during the winter but in the spring and summer there all over the place.  

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 04, 2009, 06:40 PM »
I can also vouch that there are big Smallies in Cobbetts.

I fished a neighborhood derby with a friend about 6-7 years ago.. and wound up tying for 1st with a 3lb 10oz smallie to another guy's 3lb 10 LMB.

Offline ADK NH GUY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 04, 2009, 07:56 PM »
Nailed a real nice 3lb 19" smallie a few weeks ago in that spot I mentioned.  I caught 2 more last saturday probably in the 2lb range.  Jibbs is right, they will make your reels spin.  That 3lb spooled me and I was all over that flag.  It was a slower day so when it popped I flew to get it and the line was just about all the way out.     

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #13 on: Mar 04, 2009, 08:02 PM »
cool thanks for the info fella's

Catch A Buzz

Offline jackinthebobhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 05, 2009, 10:52 AM »
cool thanks for the info fella's

I can vouch for the smallies in there. Last year we got one that was about 6lbs.....If I could figure out how to post it, I will.

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 05, 2009, 02:35 PM »
I'd like to see the pic of that one
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 05, 2009, 04:20 PM »

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Mar 05, 2009, 04:21 PM »
I'd like to see the pic of that one

How the %$#@ do I get a picture on here?

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 05, 2009, 04:40 PM »
I think you need to have a photobucket account I believe theres direction on here somewhere
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

Offline ADK NH GUY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 05, 2009, 05:49 PM »
  Here is a pic of mine.  The one Jack has is unbelievable.  Jack if you want to send it to me I'll post it for you.
Steve

Offline shaun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Mar 05, 2009, 06:03 PM »
Went out today from 930-1245 and had no flags..  Jigged up 1 bass about 1.5lbs and a small perch then nothing.  About 11 I jigged up 2 perch 1 large and had a hit that was one to think about but that was it.  Not a good day but i think the bite was early and when i was walking of the ice the group next to me had 3 flags as i was walking off the ice so maybe i was leaving as it was turning on.  Who knows????  shaun

Offline ADK NH GUY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 05, 2009, 06:22 PM »
Went out today from 930-1245 and had no flags..  Jigged up 1 bass about 1.5lbs and a small perch then nothing.  About 11 I jigged up 2 perch 1 large and had a hit that was one to think about but that was it.  Not a good day but i think the bite was early and when i was walking of the ice the group next to me had 3 flags as i was walking off the ice so maybe i was leaving as it was turning on.  Who knows????  shaun

I have great luck from 8:45-11:00 and then again from 2:00 - 3:00 on that lake.  Seems like that is always the way.  In fact, last Saturday a buddy of mine left around 1:30 and at 2PM I had 3 flags at once and then another around 3:00.  I was fishing with Jack and he had 2 more flags after 2PM as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.