Author Topic: enough with the snow already!  (Read 1911 times)

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
enough with the snow already!
« on: Mar 02, 2009, 04:47 PM »
Who is ready for spring?

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: enough with the snow already!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2009, 04:48 PM »
my boat sure is  ;)
The outdoors, a real mans playground!!!

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2009, 04:49 PM »
Who is ready for spring?

Spike

I hear ya Spike....

I love the ice  :),  but am really tired of the white stuff  :%$#!: 
I plan to get out on the ice a few more times this season, but am also looking forward to the open water ;)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2009, 04:52 PM »
i second that......it felt like my love handles were seizing up on me today as i shoveled the driveway......did make it over to northern bass supply to finish up my spring goodies......bought a new quantum catalyst baitcasting reel, which i matched up with a new st croix for throwing crankbaits......i thought my snow banks were going away last week and now they are bigger then ever........atleast the days are longer and we will be messing with the clocks in a few weeks......anymore snow days and i will not be on summer vaca till july.....the school however did extend the school  days 20 minutes, which will make up 6 of the 9 days....i feel bad for other educators who are losing their april vacation
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2009, 04:58 PM »
I will take the snow over black flies anyday.
james

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2009, 04:58 PM »
Ya I Guess I'll leave the Quad in the shed for a while

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2009, 04:59 PM »
Yeah, I'm ready.  I'll enjoy the ice while it's here, but open water and spring turkeys are about to command my full attention.  It's just a short time away.

i enjoy the ice, but it seems there was always something to battle this season.....plenty of cold, nasty winds, and snow on the ice......whatever happened to those two or three days in january and february that are comfortable for fishing......ice fishing has really worn me out this year.......made it on the ice 38 times and still have 3 more weeks, but the tracker is ready to bust out the garage door......
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Natty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Only fish on days that end in y
« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2009, 05:00 PM »
Not yet there's still fish i have yet to catch..........It's been pretty slow here this year. :icefish:
I've done so much with so little for so long i can now do the impossible with nothing.

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2009, 05:17 PM »
Not yet there's still fish i have yet to catch..........It's been pretty slow here this year. :icefish:

Well if it's been slow I'd think you'd be itching fro spring. Nothing like catching fish in the spring. Well maybe catching fish period, lol. But like Jibbs said without a few decent days to fish the winter has taken its toll.
I'm ready to start hauling the boat instead of the atv and sled. Can't wait to start sling a rod either. Also like Jibbs I've added a few to the arsenal and I haven't even looked at the trolling gear yet.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline wautuhguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2009, 05:23 PM »
I could almost walk around the boat Sat.It's burried again.When do you guys swich to fishfinder I've got some questions for some of you boaters/trollers.

Offline anrik1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gotch Ya !!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2009, 05:44 PM »
I've always said, bring cold, snow whatever, bring on the winter weather for December, January and February, come March, stop and let spring begin.

Offline Natty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 02, 2009, 05:50 PM »
Captspike.......Yeah i'am itching i thought it was winter dry skin. I do have some new gear i want to try.
I've done so much with so little for so long i can now do the impossible with nothing.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 02, 2009, 05:51 PM »
Not me! Still got a lot of ice. I don't stop till it's all gone. 1st one one, last one off.

JIGGIN.

Offline Natty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 02, 2009, 05:55 PM »
Wind has been enemy number one with snow right behind it.  A lot of us are die hards here, but at a point it stops being fun.  I don't care who you are, everyone has a limit.  I've reached mine twice now... hence why I didn't fish much 2 weekends ago.

I have a pair of waders in my closet that I would like to put to use soon.  I've been tying flies in anticipation of April 25th... let the fun begin.

Grab the wader's and go steelhead fishing.

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #14 on: Mar 02, 2009, 06:10 PM »
Not me! Still got a lot of ice. I don't stop till it's all gone. 1st one one, last one off.

JIGGIN.
I'm with you jiggin'.  There is still plenty of good icefishing left.  At least 5-6 weeks.

I think its funny that a lot of folks (including me!) talk about how they wish the ice was here in November, and we get excited over 32 degree temps with puddles freezing the driveway.  Then in early March everyone wants open water/spring to be here. :P
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline Natty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 02, 2009, 06:10 PM »
Go west young man go west.

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
« Reply #16 on: Mar 02, 2009, 06:16 PM »
I was thinking of heading up too the Newfound River till it snowed, still may take a chance and drown a fly.
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline 61gun

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Mar 02, 2009, 06:30 PM »

No way... keep the snow coming!!!! It's the only stimulus we are going to get this year. I plow and the building buisness is non existant!!!!

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #18 on: Mar 02, 2009, 06:32 PM »
I was thinking of heading up too the Newfound River till it snowed, still may take a chance and drown a fly.
i might suggest "flyfishnh.com" for you....great river for fly fishing though.....but im still in ice fishing mode here.. 8) 8)
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
« Reply #19 on: Mar 02, 2009, 07:10 PM »
I am not giving up on the ice yet, out of 31 days in Jan. I was out on the ice 17 days and in Feb. out of 28 days I was out 23 days.
Missed today but got a full week planed out.
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline nhjrbass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Mar 03, 2009, 09:40 AM »
I know what your saying.  i thought with that nice slick ice on saturday id have a great easy haul for getting the shack off, however the wind was blowing, and i didnt dare cut the lines for i may have been on the other side of the lake.  Now almost a foot of frickin snow out there may make troubles.  I may ask my dad if i can put the plow on his atv and plow a road to it and yard it off with that if i cant get my buddy to help me out with his sled like we got it out there, in a snow storm too.
If you aint workin youd better be fishin!

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Mar 03, 2009, 10:16 AM »
I have a trip to champlain this weekend and the report is warm and no snow on the ice!!! After this though, looking forward to getting out on the ocean

CJ

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.