Vermont > Ice Fishing Vermont

Ice Check

(1/6) > >>

bradroy55:
Just thought it might be a good idea to post a thread where we can all let each other know how much ice their is wherever we go for the next week or so. Given all this WARM weather and rain, it would only help if we keep each other updated on the ice situation. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated by me, and I imagine the rest of you. ;D
 :tipup:

northern nightmare:
Buddy of mine fished Carry Bay today and said that there was still a good 12-14". I went out to the Sandbar today and pulled the Hillbilly Hotel off. I didn't want to risk it. I would say that there was at least 8-10" of good ice with 2-3" of water on top. Pretty fun pulling in the shanty today in the windgusts, kept trying to pull the 4-wheeler around. I will give it a few days a put it back out. I would love to know how Carmi Fared, we are planning on heading there next Monday.

bradroy55:
i havnt fished for a week and a half, but i heard their is still ice on waterbury, not positive though how much

Lavman:
I was thinking this rain would be good to knock the snow pack down and expose the ice below so it will "make" better. The forecast this week looks favorable to harden things back up after the thaw.

I was sort of planning to hit Bomo on Saturday but with all the chat about lousy "catching" over there I might goto St Catherine instead. Assume good ice over there before this thaw?

Little Brown Dog:
The middle of St. Catherine was sketchy before the thaw, be carefull.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version