New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1347037 times)

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #6270 on: Feb 21, 2016, 03:31 PM »
How was the ice holding up

Offline Lunker Luke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6271 on: Feb 21, 2016, 04:53 PM »
How was the ice holding up

ice is ok. i was fishing a good way out on 5 inches when i left 6 hours latter it was 4 inches but in in toward shore more there was 7 inches when i left. low temp this week almost every day except for thursday witch is sapose to be 45 and 60% chace of rain witch will not be good. i dont think there will be too much more ice being made but how long till what we have is gone is the question. keep your finger cross for atleast one more weekend on George

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6272 on: Feb 21, 2016, 05:02 PM »
I guess some of you guys won't stop this foolishness until somebody drowns. Do you really believe a fish is worth loosing your life. There is no way you should be out on that ice. Good luck hope you're around to fish next year! >:(
Been doin this for awhile now and I have a hard time disagreeing with ya bud. guys are acting stupidly just to say they fished Lake George. That'll go good on your tombstone!!!
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6273 on: Feb 21, 2016, 05:51 PM »
We heard the airboat fire up again today... hope that it was just for demonstrations and not another rescue... :-\

JJ

« Reply #6274 on: Feb 21, 2016, 06:35 PM »
Tony, they usually do their practice drills on Sunday during the summer, so that may be what happened.

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6275 on: Feb 21, 2016, 06:40 PM »
hopefully no one went in again today. I crossed that crack around noon, it didn't seem to be awful, but it wasn't very good iether. It's amazing how conditions can change in a rather short period of time.

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6276 on: Feb 21, 2016, 07:06 PM »
Thanks jj I've never noticed them before but sent some chills when we heard it fire up and head south out of vets. Saw some nasty pressure cracks from the road looks like it opened up a good 20 30 ft around diamond point

JJ

« Reply #6277 on: Feb 21, 2016, 07:29 PM »
Yeah, took me a while to figure it out after realizing I was seeing the fireboat out on Sundays a lot.

That ice is going to go quickly, it's not holding water on top which means it is already porous. Be safe guys.

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6278 on: Feb 21, 2016, 08:30 PM »
Going to have to see how Thursday goes 50 and rain won't be good.

Offline Ammo5254

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6279 on: Feb 22, 2016, 07:21 AM »
I think ice will be ok for a while looking at the 10 day forcast.  There are 2 warm days but the nights should lock stuff up again I'd assume places with enough ice like Harris will be good for a couple weeks anyway.  There were wheelers out there sat.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6280 on: Feb 22, 2016, 08:57 AM »
I guess some of you guys won't stop this foolishness until somebody drowns. Do you really believe a fish is worth loosing your life. There is no way you should be out on that ice. Good luck hope you're around to fish next year! >:(

Says the guy who didnt know what a spud was....yes you shouldn't be out on that ice if you don't know what you're doing.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #6281 on: Feb 22, 2016, 09:10 AM »
Says the guy who didnt know what a spud was....yes you shouldn't be out on that ice if you don't know what your doing.

Its the ol' keyboard mafia syndrome.  They know better when their sitting behind that keyboard, don't you realize that?  Meanwhile a big fat dude somehow has managed to fish the last 10 days on "dangerous" lake george without going through.   The miracles never cease!

Offline Ammo5254

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6282 on: Feb 22, 2016, 09:12 AM »
I wish there was a like button on here fellas! Hahahaha

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6283 on: Feb 22, 2016, 09:40 AM »
Its the ol' keyboard mafia syndrome.  They know better when their sitting behind that keyboard, don't you realize that?  Meanwhile a big fat dude somehow has managed to fish the last 10 days on "dangerous" lake george without going through.   The miracles never cease!

What a bite...thats all I can say...

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6284 on: Feb 22, 2016, 10:26 AM »
What a bite...thats all I can say...

I foul hooked one in the belly about 25 feet below the ice ..... it was on the bottom in about a second. It reminded me of the blistering runs a tuna makes  ;D

I was glad the hook didn't pull before i saw the fish ..... losing a fish that made that run would have haunted me forever  :o
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6285 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:04 AM »
I broke off on 2 I couldn't turn fishing 4# invisix floro...using the largest expoxys I had.  Insane fun!  I wish I knew you guys a bit better I would have said hi!  (then again I barely stopped to eat)

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #6286 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:13 AM »
I broke off on 2 I couldn't turn fishing 4# invisix floro...

oh man you gotta step that up.   I use 12lb flouro out there.

bite was pretty good this weekend, 82 lakers in three days time, at three different spots.   46 in 5 hours on saturday didn't hurt.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6287 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:13 AM »
I broke off on 2 I couldn't turn fishing 4# invisix floro...using the largest expoxys I had.  Insane fun!  I wish I knew you guys a bit better I would have said hi!  (then again I barely stopped to eat)

I broke 4 off  ::)   .....  i don't think i have broken 4 off in the previous 5 years. I was rigged light from a trip to schroon a couple weeks back and got lazy and paid the price.

I hear you on the lack of social skills.... but who wants to talk to someone if we miss a fish ... or two or three or five   ;D

I took my neighbor once .....  we met up with four or five other guys and walked out, fished all day without talking to each other once, then walked back in together. My neighbor asked why we even bothered going with them and i didn't have an answer!!

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6288 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:15 AM »
  (then again I barely stopped to eat)

Funny ....  i had a bacon egg and cheese sandwich from stewarts wrapped up in aluminum foil that i put on the heater around 9 AM before a serious flurry. It was steaming hot at 930 when i finally got around to taking it off.

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6289 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:38 AM »
 Damn! I hope I didn't miss my opportunity.  ??? I'm heading up tomorrow, but not sure how the ice is over deep water spots.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6290 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:39 AM »
Great job on the lakers fellas!sounds like I missed some hot action!

bite was pretty good this weekend, 82 lakers in three days time, at three different spots.   46 in 5 hours on saturday didn't hurt.
man u got me beat my best day was 38 in 4 hours either last year or the year before.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6291 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:42 AM »
Damn! I hope I didn't miss my opportunity.  ??? I'm heading up tomorrow, but not sure how the ice is over deep water spots.

2pm Sat it was 2.5-3 and unfishable...I left 5-6 marks on the packed up and left...

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6292 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:45 AM »
Hey, a little sensitivity here please for us 1 armed challenged fisherman!! I'm gonna need to be talked off the ledge here pretty soon from all these big fish numbers I missed out on! I knew this was a bad idea! Haha! Congrats guys on the fantastic outings! Wish I could've been there but psyched for all of you!! :-)

MK

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6293 on: Feb 22, 2016, 12:15 PM »
Hey, a little sensitivity here please for us 1 armed challenged fisherman!! I'm gonna need to be talked off the ledge here pretty soon from all these big fish numbers I missed out on! I knew this was a bad idea! Haha! Congrats guys on the fantastic outings! Wish I could've been there but psyched for all of you!! :-)

MK

Actually Mike it was a good winter to do it.  Good chance it's done if we get 50s and an inch of rain on thursday.

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6294 on: Feb 22, 2016, 12:40 PM »
Meanwhile on the North Basin....

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6295 on: Feb 22, 2016, 12:43 PM »
Meanwhile on the North Basin....(Image removed from quote.)

Sick!  I had a feeling you'd be putting one up!

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6296 on: Feb 22, 2016, 12:45 PM »
Wow, that's a real nice one Allen! Damn!!! Congrats Bro!

MK

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6297 on: Feb 22, 2016, 01:12 PM »

MK

Don't worry Mike, with that bionic shoulder next year there will be no stopping you !!!
Tony

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6298 on: Feb 22, 2016, 02:19 PM »

I think there are more drownings on lake George in the summer months than there are through the ice. 

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6299 on: Feb 22, 2016, 02:35 PM »
Got him on the perch rod was fun on 4#, 23".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.