New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346961 times)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #4860 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:00 AM »
yea but you picked the right spot for sure..  I passed you on the way in from the "deep" water and it wasn't to productive for us..
That is a sweet flip over. Mine is much smaller and I was the guy who kept stopping every 30 yards huffing and puffing.. Should brought the smitty sled, better yet the ATV >:( ..
With the expected snow on the way, it's going to get tougher for us walkers :(  Sure do miss the clear ice..

Wasn't just you huffing and puffing let me tell you!  I'll be waiting for late gray ice before I tow that by hand again!

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4861 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:37 AM »
Nice job Jon.  Sounds like you need to build a barn, to store the atv, to tow out the new shanty!  ;D  It never ends.  Glad you had a good day!
I love clipboard man

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4862 on: Feb 01, 2015, 11:11 AM »
http://imgur.com/KCfbGN1

Nice pike I got yesterday.
I'm surprised I didn't cut my 8 lb mono.  It was cold out there and dragging the shanty sucks now!

Good news is the lake should be good and safe for a while bad news is I won't be using the shanty much unless we get a good crust layer. 

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4863 on: Feb 01, 2015, 11:14 AM »
How's the laker bite for everyone?

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4864 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:09 PM »
The bite has been good... Here's some from yesterday

P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline coldfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4865 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:22 PM »
Nice catch

Offline IcemanADK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4866 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:18 PM »
Slow today. Iced three in three hours before we froze and put our tails between our legs and went in. The main body of the lake was pretty windswept. Brutal weekend.
"As I grow older, I've come to suspect that I have got it backwards, and that life, at its best, is a metaphor for fishing and writing. Or perhaps neither side of any metaphor is finally dominant, the one inextricably tied to its contrasting likeness, no longer merely a point of comparison but yoked in a new existence to its other self."
Wayne Fields

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4867 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:37 PM »
Slow today. Iced three in three hours before we froze and put our tails between our legs and went in. The main body of the lake was pretty windswept. Brutal weekend.
The wind killed it today. Started off really good then wind started to hammer. Once it really picked up we started to hear bunch of wheelers heading back. We followed shortly after.

JJ

« Reply #4868 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:57 PM »
Had a good steady bite this morning, we started after the sun was up so it could warm up some; slowed a little late morning then we had a good early afternoon flurry of fish. Kept 4 good eater sized trout and let a bunch go, all jigging, tip-ups were slow.

Offline coldfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4869 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:59 PM »
Nice lakers.

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4870 on: Feb 01, 2015, 03:56 PM »
Hopefully the weather men can be wrong one more time 13"-20" tonight thru tomorrow according to weather channel app.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4871 on: Feb 01, 2015, 05:00 PM »

Nice fish JJ and JigschictGeorge, and Nate, that's the way to get them.
           bigfish, I hope your wrong about the snow, we don't need that much.

IW

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4872 on: Feb 01, 2015, 05:17 PM »
Nice job guys!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4873 on: Feb 01, 2015, 05:40 PM »
Nice job Jeff...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline pike n walleye slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4874 on: Feb 01, 2015, 06:53 PM »
Yea that'll make a rough walk for this guy and the rest that walk
Life is too short NOT to fish!!!

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4875 on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:16 PM »
Just when the lake was getting cleared of snow too.  Oh well.  Man that wind was brutal today, don't know where it came from.  From what I saw and heard, fish were biting.
I love clipboard man

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can't feel my toes...
« Reply #4876 on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:23 PM »
I looked at the wind speed/direction and wind forecast today at noon when I was able to get out fishing, and decided to go over to Lake Bomoseen instead.  It was just too cold to fish in a nasty Lake George north wind.

Turns out I should have braved the wind and fished Lake George.   I caught very little (and they all were very little) on Bomo this afternoon. ::)

Keep you fingers crossed and hope the weathermen are wrong again about the big storm forecasted for tomorrow.  I don't want to be dragging my flip-over in a foot of snow!

Tight lines,
Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4877 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:07 PM »
Fished out of vets this morning before daylight and fished til 3 caught three outs four flags one keeper

Offline Reel_Force

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4878 on: Feb 01, 2015, 10:09 PM »
Guess a #14.10 Laker was caught today ...  :o

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4879 on: Feb 02, 2015, 12:49 AM »
Nice fish all

Offline fundad01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4880 on: Feb 02, 2015, 05:42 AM »
Nice fish, hope to get up there in two weeks or sooner :tipup:

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4881 on: Feb 02, 2015, 05:47 AM »
Out on fish point yesterday.Tough drag.Put one good trout on the ice 26 in and lost one other.There was smelt and not a lot of lakers.Both came one big white buck tails.TC5  :icefish:

Offline NewIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4882 on: Feb 02, 2015, 06:45 AM »
Nice Catch: I believe you were the guy the we saw land one on the tipup as we were leaving the ice. We did make the drag out to deeper water and only caught one but it was a really nice one.  My phone was too cold to get a picture so I released it before the cold caused any damage. The bite was extremely slow where we were and couldn't coax them off the bottom.

Just got back to CT from LG.  More snow on the ice than expected kept me from getting deeper water....Ended up working well.  5 lakers on the jig rod and 2 on tipups.  Perch action was slow. 

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4883 on: Feb 02, 2015, 06:59 AM »
I was out beyond you as well.

Hunkered down and dug in with snow shoveled all around my shanty to block the wind. Setup before sunrise. Had one at 730 and picked away throughout the day but it was SLOW for me too.

Break out the Smitty Sleds now  :o
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4884 on: Feb 02, 2015, 07:20 AM »
Just got back to CT from LG.  More snow on the ice than expected kept me from getting deeper water....Ended up working well.  5 lakers on the jig rod and 2 on tipups.  Perch action was slow. 

fantastic fish jon. looks like I picked the wrong lake again. nice work on those beauties.

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4885 on: Feb 02, 2015, 07:31 AM »
I was out beyond you as well.

Hunkered down and dug in with snow shoveled all around my shanty to block the wind. Setup before sunrise. Had one at 730 and picked away throughout the day but it was SLOW for me too.

Break out the Smitty Sleds now  :o

Yea , time to register the ATV. I won't be making that drag on foot again this year. Atv or bust for me

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4886 on: Feb 02, 2015, 07:41 AM »
That's a nice fish that would not have fit threw my six inch hole that keep closing up on me all day yesterday

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4887 on: Feb 02, 2015, 07:52 AM »
Yea , time to register the ATV. I won't be making that drag on foot again this year. Atv or bust for me

I might have to go skiing  ;D
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4888 on: Feb 02, 2015, 08:54 AM »
Nice Catch: I believe you were the guy the we saw land one on the tipup as we were leaving the ice. We did make the drag out to deeper water and only caught one but it was a really nice one.  My phone was too cold to get a picture so I released it before the cold caused any damage. The bite was extremely slow where we were and couldn't coax them off the bottom.

That was my buddy Tim's only fish of the day.  We didn't leave that spot until 7pm when my vex died.

Hot Tuna...Ill pay for a ride next time!  Although I think I'm going to play shallow for a while.  There was a reason for all those lakers to be in 30ft...

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #4889 on: Feb 02, 2015, 09:08 AM »
Couple of us went out of Hearthstone yesterday on the wheelers from about 9 til 2 and it was a ghosttown on the lake ???  Very few trucks in the bottom lot and nobody fishing around for miles.  Solid foot of ice which is a great base to handle this snowfall and the slush that's likely to follow.  Perch bite was awesome with the bright sunshine just lots of small ones to sort through.  Looks like it's time to pay NYS some cash and register the snowmobile to get around out there next weekend  >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.