New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1347053 times)

Offline lazymanfish

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #4380 on: Jan 17, 2015, 06:06 PM »
Hearthstone is supposed to get plowed out early next week. Roads got very icy a couple weeks ago when it rained then the cold hit, hasn't warmed up since.
Any place to access for lakers.. can't walk far. Thanks

Offline run320083

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4381 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:33 PM »
Any info on vets or bixby? Driving up early in the morning. Will have my spud but would appreciate general ice thickness info.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4382 on: Jan 17, 2015, 08:14 PM »
Any info on vets or bixby? Driving up early in the morning. Will have my spud but would appreciate general ice thickness info.

someone went through off bixby today. Ice is very sketchy out there.

Offline run320083

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4383 on: Jan 17, 2015, 09:23 PM »
someone went through off bixby today. Ice is very sketchy out there.
Ty for heads up

Offline lakerdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4384 on: Jan 17, 2015, 10:37 PM »
Nice one jj

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4385 on: Jan 18, 2015, 06:18 AM »
Off too a good start, first guided trip of the year was a cold one but we had some action on the jig rods, including this laker at just about 30"; released to grow bigger. Didn't find the pike one of the guys really wanted to catch.

Nice job getting them on the fish Jeff... :clap:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4386 on: Jan 18, 2015, 06:33 AM »
There were probably 30-40 guys fishing vets yesterday.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline wurstie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4387 on: Jan 18, 2015, 07:49 AM »
I was off Bixby yesterday and came off about noon with about 15 nice perch.  I didn't see anyone go through so it must have happened after I left. Ice was maybe 3" and moved quite a bit. When I came off there was a massive pressure crack about 50 ft from shore that wasn't there when I went on. Made it across with no problem but pretty scary. Stay safe everyone!

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4388 on: Jan 18, 2015, 08:13 AM »
I was off Bixby yesterday and came off about noon with about 15 nice perch.  I didn't see anyone go through so it must have happened after I left. Ice was maybe 3" and moved quite a bit. When I came off there was a massive pressure crack about 50 ft from shore that wasn't there when I went on. Made it across with no problem but pretty scary. Stay safe everyone!

It was late afternoon. My friends uncle and his buddy were out there. They were jigging sitting on buckets, and his uncle turned around and his buddy was in the lake.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4389 on: Jan 18, 2015, 09:49 AM »
It was late afternoon. My friends uncle and his buddy were out there. They were jigging sitting on buckets, and his uncle turned around and his buddy was in the lake.
             He was probably sitting on top of one of those springs. Be safe out there.

IW

Offline run320083

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4390 on: Jan 18, 2015, 01:52 PM »
Got 20 nice perch today at vets. Around 4 inches of ice. Lake was rockin and Rollin all morning.

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4391 on: Jan 18, 2015, 01:55 PM »
Can anyone speak about the difference between the north end of the lake and the south end of the lake? I've never spent any time south of bolton but i normally fish north of hague beach between friends pt and rogers campground.. I hardly ever see anyone else on the lake. Maybe 5 people over in blairs bay, 5 peeople max out in front of indian kettles and thats it. The dudes in front of the kettles are never social or nice..most likely locals.

I drove the entire length of the lake from hague down to the village and there were 40 people out from bolton beach area, 10 people out in front of algonquin, 40 people out in front of the village.. is there more fish in the south basin than the north? is it access? Is it thicker ice? I'm still going to fish my north end of the lake even if the numbers aren't there, but I'm 29 yrs old with 5 years ice experience and i'm curious as to why i see the heavy population of people down south vs north.
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4392 on: Jan 18, 2015, 01:55 PM »
 No fish in the world is worth falling through the ice. I get it, guys are antsy but fishing on 2-3" on a lake like LG seems crazy to me.

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4393 on: Jan 18, 2015, 02:26 PM »
Lake was talking all day felt like a couple earthquakes out there... making more ice!

Offline Laker15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4394 on: Jan 18, 2015, 02:41 PM »
Fished near Paulish Fathers today, 3 Lakers 24" to 26". Lost a bunch more. 5" of ice.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4395 on: Jan 18, 2015, 03:42 PM »
Can anyone speak about the difference between the north end of the lake and the south end of the lake? I've never spent any time south of bolton but i normally fish north of hague beach between friends pt and rogers campground.. I hardly ever see anyone else on the lake. Maybe 5 people over in blairs bay, 5 peeople max out in front of indian kettles and thats it. The dudes in front of the kettles are never social or nice..most likely locals.

I drove the entire length of the lake from hague down to the village and there were 40 people out from bolton beach area, 10 people out in front of algonquin, 40 people out in front of the village.. is there more fish in the south basin than the north? is it access? Is it thicker ice? I'm still going to fish my north end of the lake even if the numbers aren't there, but I'm 29 yrs old with 5 years ice experience and i'm curious as to why i see the heavy population of people down south vs north.
            Most of the fishing population is from the southern end, so they stay south. I used to fish up there before that chunk of rock fell
       off over at The Nose, that's some deep water up there. Since then I've fished south! But I'm up for a trip up there soon.

IW

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4396 on: Jan 18, 2015, 03:58 PM »
What chunk of rock are you referring to and what year did it fall?
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #4397 on: Jan 18, 2015, 03:59 PM »
Wow must have been a day for small fish caught 1 short laker 2nd of the season also got some dink perch and a bunch of dink crappie.thought maybe I was on to something with these elusive LG crappie but if I can't find 1 over 9" mite as well not catch them  ???

JJ

« Reply #4398 on: Jan 18, 2015, 04:25 PM »
Another good day on the ice, the guys only wanted to jig today so I left the tip-ups at home. Started out for lakers and found good numbers at the second spot we tried after a short hike. They wanted some perch to finish so we went shallow for the last couple hours and found good numbers and they were biting; size wasn't the best but we found some keepers mixed in, plus a couple more lakers.

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4399 on: Jan 18, 2015, 04:27 PM »
Wow must have been a day for small fish caught 1 short laker 2nd of the season also got some dink perch and a bunch of dink crappie.thought maybe I was on to something with these elusive LG crappie but if I can't find 1 over 9" mite as well not catch them  ???

Them darn walleye are eating the bigger crappie!! Good job on staying consistent with them each season. Seems only you know where they hide. Fish were rather tight lipped for me today.  Double digits but nothing like Saturday.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4400 on: Jan 18, 2015, 04:34 PM »
I know some of you don't even bother with tip ups but for those that do: is it legal to have 2 hooks on tip ups? One on the bottom and one 10'-15' up? I was thinking of giving that a whirl next weekend if it's legal.. each one with a minnow and seeing what the hell happens. If its legal, i was thinkin about giving the hook up higher just a single hook (small), so that it wouldn't catch the ice as easily as a treble would.

All thoughts are welcome. Just be nice.

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4401 on: Jan 18, 2015, 04:37 PM »
Stepped on an iceburg about 6' long and 3' across, it sunk down 3-5" as I stepped across it, I'm glad I was walking at a good pace..
At FAB, I wouldn't reccomend anyone fish there especially after this rain.

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4402 on: Jan 18, 2015, 04:38 PM »
Oh, and great to meet perchslayer and Ice Wanderer.

Offline lakerman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4403 on: Jan 18, 2015, 04:41 PM »
always did better on bigger older fish up near rogers rock, anthonys nose areas. Alot of legal or under in southern basin, seems to me.

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4404 on: Jan 18, 2015, 04:41 PM »
How about that walleye bite anyways?

I wish I was having some blackened walleye for dinner!

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4405 on: Jan 18, 2015, 05:32 PM »
That was dinner tonight.  Cajun walleye.  Mmmm.  Thanks Warners bay!
I love clipboard man

Offline pmac3

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4406 on: Jan 18, 2015, 05:54 PM »
Not from Lake George, but it got me itching for the king! 29.25" Anyone catching lakers shallow?
photobucket.com/user/pamack60/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps1834cbfe.jpg.html][/URL]
Pete

Offline sanfordnson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4407 on: Jan 18, 2015, 06:24 PM »
JIGSTCHICK. You did a good job warning the other fisherman and waiting for everyone to get off safely :) I was there.

Offline snowlt14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4408 on: Jan 18, 2015, 11:38 PM »
Could somebody private message me if it is legal to park and access the lake from Lake rd/ Shore ln in Bolton? thanks

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4409 on: Jan 19, 2015, 03:57 AM »
fished out of vets on sun 5 in of ice all the way out.good numbers of laker .ice was moving around allot.lots of fisherman.On the way off there was police in the parking lot.  There were 6 cars parked on the beach.Looked like they were going to tow them out.Any body see this going on.TC5 :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.