New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1347102 times)

Offline icedpapermouth

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #3180 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:24 PM »
I agree that there is still good fishing to be had, heck I had fish tonight and put some in the freezer, but I have a case or two where the internet has indeed killed some good fishing. Now I am cautious of posting pics with backdrops and things like that, or giving out info on small bodies of water. I have gone to certain areas that never had any publicity until I personally posted such material, then low and behold I am the one searching for the good spot (in one case a new body of water) because there are people constantly on the areas I planned to go. We, fisherman in general, are out there for a lot of the same reasons, which is why I belong to this site... it's nice to hear of everyones success, and at times, horrible failures.... but I have learned to side with caution.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3181 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:57 PM »
Went out today with 5Watchman5 and his Son and enjoyed a beautiful day and great company! The bite was slower than we would have liked it but it wasn't too bad either.  A decent day with 11 fish iced and one miss! Great meeting you Corey and thank you for the kind invite!

Mike

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #3182 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:08 PM »
We'll do it again and really get into them next time.  Wait until the Smelt start heading in.  In the meantime, thanks for teaching me some of the finer points today.  Maybe next time I'll be able to contribute to the numbers a bit more. ;D

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3183 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:08 PM »
Nice Fish! Nothing like great comradery.    @)

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3184 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:26 PM »
Nice photo's Mike.  Glad you had a good day.  Always seems to be nice weather when I can't fish.  See you over the weekend.

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3185 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:28 PM »
tc-5 and i went to a spot where there was no tracks or sign that anyone had fished there for at least 200 yards around. drilled 2 holes,tc dropped his jig and wham.laker,dropped it again,wham,laker. all this crying about my spot,secrect spots,your kidding right,theres 32 miles of lake out there and guys are crying over one spot. the fish are everywhere,do your homework,put in the time and you'll get fish.nevermind worring where everyone else is fishing. sometimes its like playtime in kindergarden... miss crabtree,jimmy took the firetruck and i had it first.lol.
help protect and keep our great outdoors clean!

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #3186 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:30 PM »
Nice looking fish Mike! :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3187 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:35 PM »
Will someone tell me where to fish?!?!?

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #3188 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:36 PM »
outta harris bay

Offline reservoirdog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3189 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:43 PM »
Went out today with 5Watchman5 and his Son and enjoyed a beautiful day and great company! The bite was slower than we would have liked it but it wasn't too bad either.  A decent day with 11 fish iced and one miss! Great meeting you Corey and thank you for the kind invite!

Mike

Nice Fish Guys , Looks like you guys had a blast.  I cant wait to get back on !!!!! Mike nice job as always catching and sharing !!!!

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3190 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:24 PM »
Nice fish guys.Looks like the weather wasn't bad either!Mike that must put you over 100 doesn't it?

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3191 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:43 PM »
Pros being pros.. nice fish men! Thats why i ask for your guidance. You da men! :clap: :clap: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3192 on: Feb 10, 2014, 08:50 PM »
Anybody know how the hill at heartstone is?
Jason

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #3193 on: Feb 10, 2014, 08:57 PM »
Anybody know how the hill at heartstone is?
People with 4x4 were OK if they went to the bottom and back up. If they tried to stay on top a few got stuck on the ice on Sunday, Pulled 2 guys out of there while they were burning up their tires on the ice. You definitely need 4 wheel drive. :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3194 on: Feb 10, 2014, 09:05 PM »
Will someone tell me where to fish?!?!?

Ummm you said you have a six wheeler..  Don't troll too much everyone is testy around here.

If your serious I'm willing to walk several miles to try new H2O.  Or ride on your six wheeler.  I'm sure if your in laker depth you'll find fresh fish. 

:: checks craigslist for wheelers ::

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3195 on: Feb 10, 2014, 09:07 PM »
outta harris bay

Seriously!! I was using two jig rods for a while it was so nuts

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3196 on: Feb 10, 2014, 09:11 PM »
Ummm you said you have a six wheeler..  Don't troll too much everyone is testy around here.

If your serious I'm willing to walk several miles to try new H2O.  Or ride on your six wheeler.  I'm sure if your in laker depth you'll find fresh fish. 

:: checks craigslist for wheelers ::

I was kidding. I have yet to ask anyone, in my 20 years of fishing for any fishing "spots". I enjoy finding my own, as its more rewarding when you find a good spot, instead of jumping onto someone else's hard work.

BTW, im the kid that saved your "dead laker" at Pilots knob 2 weekends ago.

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3197 on: Feb 11, 2014, 05:20 AM »
I was kidding. I have yet to ask anyone, in my 20 years of fishing for any fishing "spots". I enjoy finding my own, as its more rewarding when you find a good spot, instead of jumping onto someone else's hard work.

BTW, im the kid that saved your "dead laker" at Pilots knob 2 weekends ago.

I Still can't believe it was belly up in the hole I seriously thought it made it back down.  At least it was 23" so it could be kept

Does anybody have tips on burping a Laker?

Offline Eaglecrg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3198 on: Feb 11, 2014, 05:24 AM »
Does anybody have tips on burping a Laker?

I've never tried it, but I've read that you can remove the air by gently squeezing their body from the tail towards their mouth and it will force the air out.   Again, I've never tried it but it cant' hurt.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3199 on: Feb 11, 2014, 05:35 AM »
can anyone show me their favorite spot, drill some holes for me and then leave so i can fish it all by myself? And when you leave please put caution tape around the nearest access point so its all mine for the whole day.

Thanks,

Steve
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3200 on: Feb 11, 2014, 05:40 AM »
can anyone show me their favorite spot, drill some holes for me and then leave so i can fish it all by myself? And when you leave please put caution tape around the nearest access point so its all mine for the whole day.

Thanks,

Steve

Good start, but next time remember to ask them to leave a shanty and electronics too.

Offline dwaytkus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If she loves you, she will clean them!
« Reply #3201 on: Feb 11, 2014, 05:46 AM »
Does anyone have an update on the ridge at Fort Anne Beach?  Crossabke with quad?  Thanks Dan.

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3202 on: Feb 11, 2014, 05:52 AM »
Does anyone have an update on the ridge at Fort Anne Beach?  Crossabke with quad?  Thanks Dan.

Lots of guys crossing no problems. There are sticks in the open part of crack.  Follow the tracks

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3203 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:14 AM »
I have finally come to the inevitable conclusion that, until I retire or my kids are in college I will not figure out how to catch lakers jigging with any consistency. Even with the info on here and tips I've been given by several members, I just don't have the time it takes to get it done right now. Work and family schedules just don't permit it. Its is rare that I have and entire day to spend just to fish.Its extremely frustrating.
Therefore I will live vicariously through all of you, so keep posting those great pics.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3204 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:27 AM »
Mike, It's definitely not like June bass fishing on lake george.. which is fish after fish after fish. You can do this though! theres guys that are putting in full days catching 10+ fish a day.. so at least 1-2 an hour at times.. try hooking up with one of the guys here on the forum that does well...A lot of them are willing to meet up and show ya things.. I am not one of those pros though :)

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3205 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:30 AM »
They are funny fish so don't let a bad day make you give up.

I have fished the same exact holes two or three days in a row and one day may be 20+ fish out of that hole and the next day i pull 3 out ........   it's fishing ..... some days they are on the feed and other days they aren't  ::)
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline sameoljets

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3206 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:34 AM »
Very well put, fishin fool.  I went to one of my hotspots and had a saturday where i caught 16 and a sunday with nothing but chAsers.  Up and down, way it goes

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3207 on: Feb 11, 2014, 07:10 AM »
They are funny fish so don't let a bad day make you give up.

I have fished the same exact holes two or three days in a row and one day may be 20+ fish out of that hole and the next day i pull 3 out ........   it's fishing ..... some days they are on the feed and other days they aren't  ::)

Best piece of advice right here!  ;)

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3208 on: Feb 11, 2014, 07:27 AM »
In regards to burbing lakers if its not a real big fish and you are not going to keep it let it swim for a couple of minutes at about 10 feet down and it will burb itself.  You will see the bubbles....

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3209 on: Feb 11, 2014, 08:08 AM »
I have finally come to the inevitable conclusion that, until I retire or my kids are in college I will not figure out how to catch lakers jigging with any consistency. Even with the info on here and tips I've been given by several members, I just don't have the time it takes to get it done right now. Work and family schedules just don't permit it. Its is rare that I have and entire day to spend just to fish.Its extremely frustrating.
Therefore I will live vicariously through all of you, so keep posting those great pics.

one reason I am deciding not to have kids
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.