New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1347081 times)

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #2670 on: Feb 01, 2014, 09:01 PM »
Well.
I'm glad it wasn't just me struggling.
I walked on and off in the dark. I never worked so hard for 1 fish in my life, but my oldest got one on the UL.
Back at it tomorrow.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline perchslappinmy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2671 on: Feb 01, 2014, 09:44 PM »
Went out yesterday afternoon and today for some perch. I'll tell ya what, we've never been harassed by the lakers so much although it was kinda fun playing keep away  ;) Lost a pretty good sized one at the hole last night and caught a 25" today. My buddy had one break his line today think he tightened his drag by mistake  ::) Couldn't believe how many I got to chase a tiny perch jig in 30'
Perch bit good both days but they're definitely running smaller this year. Note to self...buy a gaff tomorrow ;D

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #2672 on: Feb 01, 2014, 10:21 PM »
My sons and I went to a bay up in the North Basin today. Can`t say which one, ::) 23 1/4"laker. 27" laker. 92 perch. The perch bite was on all day. ;D I love the King.
Master Laker taker.

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2673 on: Feb 01, 2014, 11:11 PM »
went off vets today.me and my buddy both got our limit on perch. got 2 lakers,one 23 one 26. was a great day.
help protect and keep our great outdoors clean!

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2674 on: Feb 02, 2014, 04:33 AM »
any body know any thing about the whiter that went thorough by turtle island yesterday.heard the weever went through guy was standing on the seat. ??? ???

Offline jigshimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2675 on: Feb 02, 2014, 07:04 AM »
Sounds like you had a great day on the perch. When you say you limited out, what size fish are you keeping?  Just curious.

I have fished Vet's in the past but have never limited out.

Thanks.

Not that big, as others have commented perch are running small. I did not keep any under 8.5 inches but only had two fish that were 11 inches probably threw back twenty that were smaller. Just about all of the fish were males.

Offline Dr. Honk

• IceShanty Rookie
  • NEED ICE
« Reply #2676 on: Feb 02, 2014, 08:37 AM »
Not that big, as others have commented perch are running small. I did not keep any under 8.5 inches but only had two fish that were 11 inches probably threw back twenty that were smaller. Just about all of the fish were males.

Thanks jigshimmer. I was curious about the size of the fish you were keeping. That must be a lot of perch cleaning but perch are one of my favorites.

I had some surgery last week so I am out of commission until the end of February. I hope to get into them in March. Just hope we don't get a big warm up to mess up the ice.

Good luck on your future outings.

Offline Pickeralpicker91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2677 on: Feb 02, 2014, 08:38 AM »

This sounds like my experience this year too...so many 8 inch perch but not much bigger.  For every 10 8 inchers you might get one bigger.

Offline MikeVT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2678 on: Feb 02, 2014, 09:13 AM »
ATTN : Found auger on Blairs Bay - I found an auger while walking off the lake yesterday.  Send me a pm with description and I'll get it back to you.
Mike
A bent rod is a good rod!

Offline jigshimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2679 on: Feb 02, 2014, 11:42 AM »
Thanks jigshimmer. I was curious about the size of the fish you were keeping. That must be a lot of perch cleaning but perch are one of my favorites.

I had some surgery last week so I am out of commission until the end of February. I hope to get into them in March. Just hope we don't get a big warm up to mess up the ice.

Good luck on your future outings.
Hope your recovery goes well I know what it is like my opportunities are very limited; wife having chemo and radiation. I made it out three times last month. Things should improve in a couple of weeks 2x daily radiation will end so hope like you warm up does not do in March fishing.   

Offline jigshimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2680 on: Feb 02, 2014, 11:56 AM »
This sounds like my experience this year too...so many 8 inch perch but not much bigger.  For every 10 8 inchers you might get one bigger.
That day my buddy tended to have more of the  bigger perch we fished same lure but slightly different technique. Both using FL 18 with zoom. I tend to stop a couple feet from bottom and try to get them to rise and hit it. He drops almost to bottom if no action then slowly raises his lure.   Also in previous years I have done fair with a minnow presentation which tend to get bigger fish. This year just about all on jigs. I still use the minnow lure cause it does tend to bring in fish just wont take it so drop the jig and if they are still there they take.

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #2681 on: Feb 02, 2014, 12:42 PM »
ATTN : Found auger on Blairs Bay - I found an auger while walking off the lake yesterday.  Send me a pm with description and I'll get it back to you.
Mike
Thanks for being a upscale guy, hopefully you get the auger back to the correct person who is the owner. You are one of the true ice friends out there...Hats off to you! :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline Mayne, J

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2682 on: Feb 02, 2014, 12:48 PM »
Try Glen perch are much biger an easy to finde

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2683 on: Feb 02, 2014, 01:29 PM »
what are glen perch. ???

Offline Mayne, J

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2684 on: Feb 02, 2014, 01:56 PM »
GLEN LAKE. 5 min south of lg

Offline jperson22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2685 on: Feb 02, 2014, 02:51 PM »
I am heading out to Lake George in the am was hopeing someone good point to a spot other then vets beach thats all we have tried , i have heard of Huddle Bay and pilot Knob would of either of these be worth trying ? and is there parking any help would be much appreciated just trying to get some Lakers

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2686 on: Feb 02, 2014, 02:54 PM »
hearthstone is pretty good.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2687 on: Feb 02, 2014, 03:42 PM »
just got in from north of pilot knob. handful of lakers with quite a few chasers throughout the day but just couldn't get them to hit. Some of you guys who are able to go out and put up big numbers time and time again are starting to make me truly envious of your skills, as well as making me start to not like you lol. They liked the chrome pimple with white glow today. Wouldn't touch plastics or buckshots where I was. Tomorrow im thinking about going for the double header. Perch at first light lakers later in the morning. Anyone fish for perch of Bixby beach rd by any chance???? Wanted to head out of there for lakers but want the perch too so I might end up at vets. Shoot me pm if you have info id appreciate it.

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #2688 on: Feb 02, 2014, 03:51 PM »
Headed out in the morning hopefully get some laker action idk gonna go out on pilot know so we will see

Offline Mayne, J

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2689 on: Feb 02, 2014, 04:04 PM »
  23 1/2 and a 28 3/4 lots of fish good day

Offline Icemark247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2690 on: Feb 02, 2014, 04:28 PM »
^ now thats what im talking about!!!
Hard Water Addict
FISH ON!!!!

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #2691 on: Feb 02, 2014, 04:31 PM »
Mayne J, Nice catch! :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline Barebow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always fishing for something!
« Reply #2692 on: Feb 02, 2014, 05:06 PM »
Throw that short one back....LOL

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
« Reply #2693 on: Feb 02, 2014, 05:13 PM »
Skunked off of Vets today. Only fished a couple hours in 60' with only a handful of lookers and no takers. 

Offline ice tripper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ice tripping all over the capital region for 30yrs
« Reply #2694 on: Feb 02, 2014, 05:14 PM »
Nice catch. ;D can't believe ur keeping a "BABY" Laker. @)

Offline Mayne, J

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2695 on: Feb 02, 2014, 05:18 PM »
Thrwe the big one back kept the eater. Aint keepin no more till freezers low

Offline Fidlerontheice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2696 on: Feb 02, 2014, 06:29 PM »
just got in from north of pilot knob. handful of lakers with quite a few chasers throughout the day but just couldn't get them to hit. Some of you guys who are able to go out and put up big numbers time and time again are starting to make me truly envious of your skills, as well as making me start to not like you lol. They liked the chrome pimple with white glow today. Wouldn't touch plastics or buckshots where I was. Tomorrow im thinking about going for the double header. Perch at first light lakers later in the morning. Anyone fish for perch of Bixby beach rd by any chance???? Wanted to head out of there for lakers but want the perch too so I might end up at vets. Shoot me pm if you have info id appreciate it.

Fished off bixby today caught decent perch and a few big pumpkin seeds. Had 10 + inces of ice. Missed 2 lakers on tip ups. Can't figure out the jigging for them though
!!FLAG!!

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2697 on: Feb 02, 2014, 06:51 PM »
Thrwe the big one back kept the eater. Aint keepin no more till freezers low
threw it back? looks pretty dead to me.eyes look froze.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2698 on: Feb 02, 2014, 07:07 PM »
Fished off bixby today caught decent perch and a few big pumpkin seeds. Had 10 + inces of ice. Missed 2 lakers on tip ups. Can't figure out the jigging for them though

thank you, I cant decide between there and vets. Ill decide on my way.

Offline Mayne, J

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2699 on: Feb 02, 2014, 07:10 PM »
It wsnt that cold tday only had him on ice for a min or two burped him an he swam away fine. No need to keep it unless its biger than the 30 i got Friday. 23-26 taste better

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.