New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346899 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #2070 on: Jan 21, 2014, 04:31 AM »
Nice job on the lakers Baitbox, thanks for sharing the pictures!

hey baitbox? 11 lakers through one hole! what type of jig setup were you using.

You forgot to ask for gps coordinates first..... ;D

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #2071 on: Jan 21, 2014, 04:48 AM »
Just look for the big red "x" on the ice. I heard he was using small pieces of hotdogs by the first set of islands at Harris bay
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2072 on: Jan 21, 2014, 04:49 AM »
I heard he got them all on the bangominnow in a 127ft.Can't find mine any were.Ihope some one has one I can borrow. ::)
Brian don't tell them everything lol ;D

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2073 on: Jan 21, 2014, 04:52 AM »
Honestly I don't think the setup would have mattered.It was a hot hole and they were hungry.

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #2074 on: Jan 21, 2014, 05:12 AM »
I was out yesterday with my dad and he got the only laker for the day for us. we marked TONS of fish bu they were glued to bottom. I threw buckshot, Swedish pimple's and bucktails. r u guys baiting your jigs with anything? I have never seen so many lakers just glues to bottom. fished from 7-noon. and thanks to the iceshanty member who pulled our car out yesterday. it was greatly appreciated!

Offline Pickeralpicker91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2075 on: Jan 21, 2014, 05:14 AM »
Just look for the big red "x" on the ice. I heard he was using small pieces of hotdogs by the first set of islands at Harris bay

Thanks for giving up my honey hole lol.  I also do well on sour gummy worms in the same spot during open water.

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2076 on: Jan 21, 2014, 05:55 AM »
I am not using anything Blue.Just a jig with a bare hook.

Fishmon

« Reply #2077 on: Jan 21, 2014, 06:42 AM »
When they are glued to bottom, try a round head jig with a mister twister tail or Berkley gulp minnow.  Bounce it on bottom and slowly lift/reel up  to get them to chase it.  Sometimes they will rip it big time.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2078 on: Jan 21, 2014, 06:43 AM »
I was out yesterday with my dad and he got the only laker for the day for us. we marked TONS of fish bu they were glued to bottom. I threw buckshot, Swedish pimple's and bucktails. r u guys baiting your jigs with anything? I have never seen so many lakers just glues to bottom. fished from 7-noon. and thanks to the iceshanty member who pulled our car out yesterday. it was greatly appreciated!

when they are glued to the bottom, I like to use a size 7n nickle swedish pimple with a Icicle hooked through the head on the treble. Let it go all the way to the bottom and keep it there with just enough line to lift it up a tiny bit and twitch it, and every once in a while pull it about about 2ft, let it fall and go back to twitching. This looks like a dieing smelt. When they are on the bottom, they cant resist it.

I hope this works for you as much as it has for me.

Offline stevek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • STKA (MHF)
« Reply #2079 on: Jan 21, 2014, 06:47 AM »

Glad to help. We went out of Hearthstone and after getting a little stuck myself we had the same action. I put a lot of different jigs down and they didn't want any of them.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2080 on: Jan 21, 2014, 07:48 AM »
thanks stevek and yea it was a tough bite. i did jig up a ciscoe tho! my dads laker was maybe 18 inches. hopefully they will pick back up here soooooooon!

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2081 on: Jan 21, 2014, 08:19 AM »
does anyone know how the pilot's knob area is, with making ice? Or is it still wide open for the most part?

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #2082 on: Jan 21, 2014, 09:15 AM »
Finally got out on the King this weekend.   Bite was tougher than usual, fish were getting an inordinate amount of fishing pressure.   Still managed 87 in three days.  Also, got this fattie pushing 10lbs.  Ice was 4.5"-6" where I was out on the main lake if you avoided the open water. 

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2083 on: Jan 21, 2014, 09:18 AM »
Nice job Red...   :thumbsup:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Kierran

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • theCTyankee.com
« Reply #2084 on: Jan 21, 2014, 09:32 AM »
Nice lakers!  Yep she was on fire this morning.  Had some great dudes come up to play for the weekend, showed them some of the ropes and by the end of the trip I was learning from them.  ;D  Could have been more but it was all about the experience and memories for the future, so lots of photos and videos taken.  Awesome  time!

Thanks again for hosting us, Jon. We had a blast! Very happy we tacked on the extra day this year!

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2085 on: Jan 21, 2014, 10:46 AM »
hmmm i guess i need to get away from paulstfathers aewa

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2086 on: Jan 21, 2014, 11:00 AM »
Thanks again for hosting us, Jon. We had a blast! Very happy we tacked on the extra day this year!

anytime I had a blast!
I love clipboard man

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #2087 on: Jan 21, 2014, 11:19 AM »
Way to go Red! :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
« Reply #2088 on: Jan 21, 2014, 11:31 AM »
hmmm i guess i need to get away from paulstfathers aewa

I'm thinking PF is one of those hit or miss spots... Either way I'm happy to be fishing LG hard water  ;D

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2089 on: Jan 21, 2014, 12:11 PM »
Beautiful Laker Big Red, what a hog! Congrats on a nice pile of fish! Glad to hear you're better from your Pneumonia. Scary Chit Man!

MK

Offline grillinbeef

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2090 on: Jan 21, 2014, 12:37 PM »
Nice fish. I'm from Watertown NY and usually fish in Chaumont Bay. I'm thinking about coming to lake George this weekend. I was wondering where is it safe to fish and where can I park?

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2091 on: Jan 21, 2014, 12:38 PM »
Pilot Knob is wide open was there about a 1/2 hour ago.  Wind is keeping it open.

Offline grubberfishhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Adirondack Icefishing Adventures
« Reply #2092 on: Jan 21, 2014, 01:37 PM »
no need for the gps coordinates we got the pictures, i laughed when i saw the hotdog line ;D. hope to see you out there.
knowledge-"don't hide it divide it"

Offline Pickeralpicker91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2093 on: Jan 21, 2014, 01:43 PM »
I'm thinking PF is one of those hit or miss spots... Either way I'm happy to be fishing LG hard water  ;D

It was definitely a miss today.  Threw the kitchen sink at them, moved around several times and barely scraped up a couple shorts.   I've done well  in the past there but I've also had several fishless days.  Overall I'd say its not worth the drag unless its glare ice, there are better spots.

To the guy I talked to in the mdb parking lot, sorry I already forgot your username but it was nice talking with you.  Maybe I'll run into you out there again sometime. 

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #2094 on: Jan 21, 2014, 01:56 PM »
Nice lakers. With this deep freeze the King should lock up all the way. :)
Master Laker taker.

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
« Reply #2095 on: Jan 21, 2014, 01:58 PM »
It was definitely a miss today.  Threw the kitchen sink at them, moved around several times and barely scraped up a couple shorts.   I've done well  in the past there but I've also had several fishless days.  Overall I'd say its not worth the drag unless its glare ice, there are better spots.

To the guy I talked to in the mdb parking lot, sorry I already forgot your username but it was nice talking with you.  Maybe I'll run into you out there again sometime.

That stinks. Yes, there are better spots for sure. Good luck!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #2096 on: Jan 21, 2014, 02:07 PM »
The 90'-110' vast featureless flats like the lake has from the base of the drop off at million dollar beach, past Pfathers up to hearthstone and on have plenty of fish, but they ROAM.   ALOT.   The action out there can be killer, but you have to find the fish.   Its not like other parts of the lake where you can go back to one general area and kill them every time.   You need to cover big chunks of water to find the fish.   I usually end up drilling 15-20+ holes when I fish those areas.    Look for multiple fish.  I don't usually fish a hole for more than 10 minutes unless I'm seeing 2-3 fish at a time or the single fish are aggressive, striking fish.    And If you find a school of smelt, alot of times its going to be game on.   

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #2097 on: Jan 21, 2014, 02:19 PM »
I went out in that area this morning and hit a couple but the coldness and leaving my shanty at home made for a short day.   Marked a bunch and had probally 8-10 misses.    Had to down size to get them interested
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2098 on: Jan 21, 2014, 02:27 PM »
I went out in that area this morning and hit a couple but the coldness and leaving my shanty at home made for a short day.   Marked a bunch and had probally 8-10 misses.    Had to down size to get them interested
THATS NOT LIKE YOU TO MISS THAT MANY (HAPPY NEW YEAR BUD)

Offline Pickeralpicker91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2099 on: Jan 21, 2014, 02:58 PM »

I probably just missed you.  I had a late start but trust me, even with a shanty and a heater going my holes where still freezing over.  It was a cold one today.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.