Author Topic: help with fishtrap guide set up and take down  (Read 837 times)

Offline cmspence

• Team IceShanty Regular
help with fishtrap guide set up and take down
« on: Dec 29, 2007, 11:30 PM »
1st i want to thank you all for helping me with the purchase of my new clam guide,but i do have a few ? i hope you all can help me with.

1-when the shanty is setup does the back of the shanty tilt in a bit towards the front (reason im asking the rear suport bar is about maxedout.(the tent is setting pretty square and is adj like the instructions say

2-im a rookie at the flipups can you all explain the right way on how to set this thing up (i can do it but i feel slow i dont think im doing something right)and also how to set it up for the wind break

3-when the shanty is in the down postion i tucked in as much of the tent fab that i could but i noticed alot of it sits on the seat slides.(im worried that the seats will pinch it (im i doing something wrong i did open the door before folding it back)

4- the last ? does anyone have any pic's on how they load their fishing equipment im trying to get some idea's thanks

Offline ericw

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: help with fishtrap guide set up and take down
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2007, 11:44 PM »
when mine is flipped down it lays level make sure you have the little lock out pins locked through the holes and with the wind try and put your back to it as far as the pinching on the seats make sure you have the black spacers on the right side of the bar it should flip smooth in both directions

Offline Johnsonator

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: help with fishtrap guide set up and take down
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2007, 01:02 PM »
Sounds like your house is set up right to me.

answers to your questions.
1. Mine does the same thing, most of the time I don't even use the bar that goes in the back.
2. First thing I do is drill my holes and clear the snow, then I just start flipping it up and pulling the bars out till they snap, turn the heat on and fish. I don't use it as a wind break but I think that is what that back bar is for. Put that in and just let all of the others rest against it.
3. Yes alot of the fabric is on the seats when it is folded down, I never worry about the seats pinching, Just make sure the seats are down before you close it then the fabric will be on top of the seats. You can also slide the seats forward so not much fabric is on them. Also I have found that it is best to have the door closed when it is folded down.
4. Don't have any pics but I normally put my buddy heater in one of the corners, A bucket between the seats along with my vexilar and camera, and my rods go in the opposite corner on the floor right along the chair supports.

It takes some time to figure what is the best way to load it but you will get it. Practice at home before you go to the lake and you will get the hang of it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.