Author Topic: BASE LAYER  (Read 973 times)

Offline SPINNERBITE

• IceShanty Rookie
BASE LAYER
« on: Dec 09, 2007, 09:12 AM »
I recently bought mid-weight thermals from Bass Pro. The XPS series, they are supposed to wick away moisture
away from your skin keeping you dry .....keeping you warm, well they do that. My problem is the next layer I
wear gets soaked. Anybody else have this problem? What type of additional layers should I be investing in
to go over my base layer thermals to combat this problem.
I like the idea of high-tech clothing, lightweight easy to move around in but keeps you warm and dry,
its that there is so much stuff out there.
Has anybody through your own experiences come up with a layering system with these hi-tech materials that you have proven to work?

CSP88

Re: BASE LAYER
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2007, 09:36 AM »
I recently bought mid-weight thermals from Bass Pro. The XPS series, they are supposed to wick away moisture
away from your skin keeping you dry .....keeping you warm, well they do that. My problem is the next layer I
wear gets soaked. Anybody else have this problem? What type of additional layers should I be investing in
to go over my base layer thermals to combat this problem.
I like the idea of high-tech clothing, lightweight easy to move around in but keeps you warm and dry,
its that there is so much stuff out there.
Has anybody through your own experiences come up with a layering system with these hi-tech materials that you have proven to work?

It sounds like the XPS is doing its job which is getting the moisture away from your body.  As long as you are not cold I see no issue with the option you are currently using.

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
Re: BASE LAYER
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2007, 07:59 PM »
Let me put it this way, last year my fishing buddy had open heart surgery in Nov in I did get him out in Jan at his family cabin. So this story is he could not lift push or pull any thing more than a gallon of milk so that being said .. I had the poly base on than a wool sweater and a Columbia cold weather gear flice liner and wind proof outer. After luging every thing out setting up fishing for the day I luged every thing back to the house ,up hill of corse !I took my stuf off and hung my coat in the basement and what I saw amazed me the sweat was running out of the arm sleves drip drip I have to admit that I was damp in the outer layers but comfy all day.
Nedless to say this is the most physical walking drilling set up shack work I have done in years.

Live to fish forced to work

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.