The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice Conditions at Larrabees  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Hess

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice Conditions at Larrabees
« on: Mar 13, 2019, 08:30 AM »
Headed over to our camp across from the fort this weekend for 3 days of hard water fishing -- anybody up to date on the ice conditions around Larrabees and south of the launch towards Mt. Independence...??

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
Re: Ice Conditions at Larrabees
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2019, 01:29 PM »
People were driving on last week.  There is a pressure crack off the point at the launch, and another down by Independence.  I didn't actually measure the thickness, but it's about 18" of ice.  Lots of pike around, but not much else.

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline Hess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2019, 07:20 AM »
Thanks for the update!

Offline Ryguy809

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2019, 08:05 PM »
Any new updates on the ice at Larrabees? Hoping to head out this weekend if the weather holds out

Offline Hess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2019, 10:49 AM »
Had about 18" last weekend on the VT side from Larrabees and south to our camp -- have to watch out for eroded areas where water was running heavily back through the ice last Friday -- been cold since then, not sure what the rest of this week will do...!  Perch bite was slow, but heavy female pike were abundant -- landed at least 7 that were between 30 and 36" (released all) --

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.