New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake Erie BS thread  (Read 6665 times)

Offline 8ball

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Erie BS thread
« Reply #30 on: Mar 07, 2019, 07:18 PM »
tough  to get through all the shove ice,min ice thickness we ran across as 8 inches max was 18+with all the shove ice.The cam showed sand on bottom no fish.  >:(

Offline TyroneJenkins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Mar 08, 2019, 06:20 AM »
I be going out today

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The greatest international fisherman.
« Reply #32 on: Mar 08, 2019, 03:23 PM »
Hope you got into them Tyrone. Send me a PM. I’d like to see you and yous kids get into at least some perch. We target eyes. Less than a mile and you’ll be in good water.
2023 - Doing a "food Sled" on Chautauqua with just my wild game food for purchase. Venison, Bear, Elk, Moose, and Boar. Weekends.
2022 - Featured in Jan In-Fisherman Magazine
2019- MVP of Flag Football over 65 league
1992 - 2022 Voted the best Ice Angler in Upstate
2020 - NY Times Best Seller for Propane Crockpot Book
2017 - Iceshanty.com Hall of Fame Inductee
2016 - Voted Best Grandpa in Upstate NY again.
2018 - Donated 1MM to Help Rebuild Afrikan Nation
2019 - Developed own line of jigging lures named after local businesses. Revenue of $289K first 3 months.
2022 - Micro-dehydrating propane cookbook debut on Amazon

Offline RiserMiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Mar 08, 2019, 04:47 PM »
I have to admit, I was one of the ppl who posted that Erie was done after that last big windstorm, but Mother Nature proved me wrong. Damnit I hate being wrong 🤔. And I hate the fact that guys are going out and I’m not! Good luck out there tomorrow boys! Stay on top and post some pics of the hogs that come topside. I’m jealous af.

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The greatest international fisherman.
« Reply #34 on: Mar 08, 2019, 05:03 PM »
Reports will create a frenzy thanks to this site. Sheriff copter better have fuel in it.
2023 - Doing a "food Sled" on Chautauqua with just my wild game food for purchase. Venison, Bear, Elk, Moose, and Boar. Weekends.
2022 - Featured in Jan In-Fisherman Magazine
2019- MVP of Flag Football over 65 league
1992 - 2022 Voted the best Ice Angler in Upstate
2020 - NY Times Best Seller for Propane Crockpot Book
2017 - Iceshanty.com Hall of Fame Inductee
2016 - Voted Best Grandpa in Upstate NY again.
2018 - Donated 1MM to Help Rebuild Afrikan Nation
2019 - Developed own line of jigging lures named after local businesses. Revenue of $289K first 3 months.
2022 - Micro-dehydrating propane cookbook debut on Amazon

Offline Chuck66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Mar 09, 2019, 03:13 AM »
It’s not the site it’s the parking lot being full , people see locals go out first day 6 trucks out , fishing 2 miles straight out. Next day lower parking lot full and eight trucks in upper, today bet u it will be mad house up there, if people go out I wouldn’t take the trail to the left bad slush pocket , plus deep snow drifts, be safe the big girl is not a joke . Keep eyes open on way out can’t stress enough be safe guys

Offline Chuck66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Mar 12, 2019, 08:42 AM »
Has any one been out ? Is big girl done for season lol well at least it was nice getting out few days , love fishing big pond

Offline dave_p.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #37 on: Mar 12, 2019, 11:54 AM »
Coming back from the doctors office went up old lake shore rd. Didn`t see anyone from the cliff. Went to Hamburg beach 5 trucks there. Looks like couple guys took machines, and some walked. Only could see 2 guys off south parking lot straight out near Seneca shoal. Still could see quad trail from weekend going off beach through first shove. Don`t know ice conditions out there. Have not gone out there this year. Looked solid by shore. That was at 10 a.m.

Offline BigJimonIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Mar 13, 2019, 10:19 PM »
Today was my first and only time going out this season with the wheeler.  Was able to follow some fellow fishermen that knew the trail (Thanks guys), out to Seneca shoals but the bite was slow. one guy I was fishing next to caught one and lost a big one at the hole. Most everyone moving around. There's a couple sketchy places out there where you have new ice that's 4 or 5 inches thick between the main big sheets of thicker 10-14 inch ice and huge heaves. The bad thing is you have to drill holes next to darker thinner ice to avoid thick under ice on the main sheet. Probably not a good idea to go again with warmth and wind coming.

Offline Longshoremen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Mar 15, 2019, 05:11 PM »
You are right special breed!!!

Offline tom60

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Mar 17, 2019, 08:31 PM »
Who was out today at Sturgeon Point Marina in the blue ice shanty :o did you catch any fish......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.