Author Topic: Heritage lakers  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Ramp 23

• Team IceShanty Regular
Heritage lakers
« on: Dec 05, 2018, 02:06 PM »
Could anyone explain or post photos of what is exactly meant by "twisting the spring" to adjust trip tension on lakers ? Mine seem to trip pretty hard & im concerned about fish dropping the bait , especially walleyes . Thanks !

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Heritage lakers
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2018, 02:26 PM »
Where there spring/flag is connected to the upright stick, there is a plastic dowel that connects the spring to the stick. It is on the end. It is ~ 1/2" diameter. Turn the spring/flag on the dowel so that the spring/flag is at a slightly different position. The dowel should stay in place while the spring turns a little. Some traps the dowel may be slightly loose and it turns as well. That doesn't matter, as long as the spring is sitting slightly different than before. It will trip differently with each different position that the spring is turned on the dowel cause the spring/flag will be at a slightly different angle.  At some point the flag may not trip at all, likewise, sometimes you may not be able to set the flag without it tripping on its' own. If the dowel turns freely, you may want to glue it back in the hole cause it will someday fall out. Hope this helps you to understand, sometimes I'm not the best at giving instructions.
It must be something in the water.

Offline Ramp 23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2018, 03:05 PM »
Thank you , I turned the spring on the dowel counterclockwise, pretty hard to move it , but it did & 1/8 to maybe 1/4 turn it did trip much lighter . Thanks again , have skim ice here & i am getting things ready, my first time with heritage lakers !

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2018, 03:08 PM »
You are welcome. Good luck and stay safe man!
It must be something in the water.

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2018, 11:23 AM »
What happens is most people leave the spring and flag bent over into the storage position.  This causes a memory in the spring and slightly bends the coils.  Over time it will become a problem.  Either your flags will trip to easily ( wind) or to hard and sometimes not at all.
As pointed out,  turning the coil on the peg changes the memory bend but really it's a short term solution.

I always take the entire flag / spring off the peg completely for storage

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.