Author Topic: Panoptix for Bottom Hugging Perch  (Read 2215 times)

Offline mackdog75

• Team IceShanty Regular
Panoptix for Bottom Hugging Perch
« on: Nov 28, 2018, 10:32 PM »
I have watched a ton of videos and searched for hours. I just don’t see to much on well Panoptix works for bottom hugging perch. Does anybody have any experience with them?
All the videos I watched and it looks to me as long as they are moving it shouldn’t be a problem picking them up.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Panoptix for Bottom Hugging Perch
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2018, 10:41 PM »
Should work better with Livescope.

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2018, 11:35 PM »
May be better with live scope, as you can see finer details and anything moving is a fish. With the ps22, they only needs to be a few inches off bottom.  but in the weeds it’s another story, livescope can see into the structure while the regular panoptix shows the structure is there.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2018, 05:31 AM »
Lowrance and Humminbird graphs I use will show clearly if there are bottom hugging fish. If you read the graph correctly. There isn’t a graph made that will make a bottom hugging, tight-lipped fish bite your bait if they’re not on the feed. Those are the times for the angler to step up his game and try different things to get those fish to bite. 😎
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2018, 07:07 AM »
Here is a new video I found with bottom-hugging walleyes on a Livescope ice fishing. Looks like it does a great job.

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline mackdog75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2018, 12:05 PM »
I realize the electronics don't catch the fish. The fisherman has to do his job also. We fish a lot of places that they hug the bottom and I was just wondering how well they work. Live scope looks pretty bad ass. I just been looking at the ice Bundle with the P22 transducer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.