Author Topic: Best lower priced fish finder for ice fishing  (Read 5992 times)

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best lower priced fish finder for ice fishing
« Reply #30 on: Dec 05, 2018, 10:49 AM »
Yep, I fish with a Helix 5 and it does the job really great.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline icetilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 07, 2018, 12:35 PM »
Thanks for the input guys, I ended up going with the Ice Helix 5 Chirp GPS G2. It gets delivered today and I can't wait to try it out this weekend!!!

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 07, 2019, 04:20 PM »
Icetilt: First off congratulations you will love it I promise. Remember to go on line to get the user guide for it as it takes a few minutes to set up and if you have any questions that's what were here for to get everyone out on the water and catching fish with their new electronics..

Secondly: Let us know how you like it!!!!! ;)
Marvin

Offline icetilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 22, 2019, 05:34 PM »
So I've used the new helix 5 6 times now and I'm so glad I went with it. So many options like having flasher and graph plus gps. I think my favorite view is the graph, in zoom or regular with the vertical flasher on the side. What a huge step up from what I had before, plus it's really nice to be able to mark spots without having to take out my phone open navionics and then put in the waypoint.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.