Author Topic: Camera  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Bigmark43

• IceShanty Rookie
Camera
« on: Oct 24, 2018, 04:08 PM »
Hi, I saw a two year old topic on underwater camera DIY build. Anyone build anything, or purchase anything recently with currently available tech?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Camera
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2018, 09:53 AM »
thanks for joining us!

seems as tho no one checking in has built one, but as the season grows near folks not checking in might see your post.

i have a marcum lx9 with built in camera and don't use it nearly as much as i thought i might. sonar tells me much more and much faster of what i need to know. what i like about it compared to the rest is the display. you only need the one display to have sonar and camera and can split screen the cam/sonar or full screen the cam or sonar or have the camera as a living wallpaper or back ground with the sonar data overlaid. this is in part why i chose the lx9.

if you don't have a camera you might think about how you'd use it if you did. this should help you decide if it's for you and what style you'd want whether you build it or buy.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2018, 12:41 PM »
I built a LunkerCam from a kit years ago and it worked well. I see the kits are no longer being offered for sale because there are cheap camera systems on the market.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline timr35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2018, 01:45 PM »
Hi, I saw a two year old topic on underwater camera DIY build. Anyone build anything, or purchase anything recently with currently available tech?
I just purchased a Aqua-Vu , tried one last year in my permy , connected it to the flat screen.
worked awesome.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.