Author Topic: 2018 SUV mod  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
2018 SUV mod
« on: Oct 08, 2018, 09:15 PM »
It has been a long time coming!!! My exploder is getting chopped and screwed into a mini "Tuber"!! This truck never lets me down, and has been impossible to get stuck. She may be getting older and is no longer my daily driver, but she has a lot of Bite in her yet. I will still be pulling my permanent shack out and spending a lot of time there but I also spend atleast half my time just shooting out to the mud to fish out of my door for a couple hours to see if any walleye are biting. And even though I strategically place my truck perpendicular to the wind it still can get cold with a wide open door. That's not an issue anymore as of tonight I ripped out my back seats and spun my passenger front seat 180 degrees and have cut off my tailpipe at the muffler and rerouted the exhoust. All that's left is to sawzall the holes that have been pilot drilled and fit 8" pvc slides. Here we goooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 2018 SUV mod
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2018, 09:30 PM »
Wow very cool, not sure I quite want to do that to my 8 year old explorer but have joked with friends about doing that to other old vehicles.

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2018, 05:35 AM »
On Lake Winnebago's east shore there is a club you can unofficially be a part of if you have a "tuber". There are a hundred('s) maybe more saburbans, Astro vans, e series vans that drive the 5-6 miles across the lake to some prime fishing off the west shore. For every ten saburbans or Astro vans you will see one jeep/pickup/ or car even with a tube.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #3 on: Oct 09, 2018, 02:20 PM »
Years ago a buddy had an old Checker cab and cut holes in front of the back seat. He made drop tubes out of flexible diesel tubing. We had lots of fun in that old beater.  ;D
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.