Author Topic: panfish jig wallet pictures.  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
panfish jig wallet pictures.
« on: Sep 20, 2018, 07:22 PM »

Think I'm ok for this ice season.

Offline rags

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: panfish jig wallet pictures.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2018, 07:52 PM »
Them dang jigs empty my wallet

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2018, 08:03 PM »
I like that set up may I ask were to find one?

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2018, 10:48 PM »
It is a northland jig wallet. Not sure if they still make them. I'd guess e bay would maybe have one.

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2018, 11:57 PM »
Thanks I'm sure I can find something similar.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2018, 08:16 AM »
just need ice.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2018, 08:40 AM »
Nice variety Agronomist. Here’s mine: Bug Luggage.

“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline quackpot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2018, 05:27 PM »
Please don't judge me I have a buying problem.

These are tungsten.

Offline quackpot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Sep 21, 2018, 05:28 PM »
These are lead.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #9 on: Sep 21, 2018, 06:12 PM »
Nice setups guys.

Offline djlangen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Sep 21, 2018, 07:58 PM »
I have several jig boxes that I really like. For bulk storage of tungsten that I don't bring with me on the ice, I like Kenders double-sided jig suitcase. Smaller jig boxes that I take fishing (also included in picture) include the following models/brands: Kenders, Resolute Tackle, Flambeau Blue Ribbon, Rose Creek, and additional jig boxes for ice flys, lead jigs, and a jig box for larger crappie jigs.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Sep 21, 2018, 08:02 PM »
Please don't judge me I have a buying problem.

Welcome to the group the jugement free zone of buying.. all I can say my name is Tom and I have the same problems lols just kidding my name is not tom!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Sep 22, 2018, 07:50 AM »

I like that set up may I ask were to find one?
Unfortunately They are discontinued
E-bay had  2 wallets left as of yesterday

Offline marknpanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Sep 22, 2018, 07:57 AM »
I now have jig envy.

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Sep 22, 2018, 08:52 AM »
Wow, you guys use a lot of jigs. I rarely ever use jigs, most of the time I have a rattle spoon or slender spoon on. Then again I’m usually fishing for perch, bass or trout.  bluegills are an invasive species here, and the lakes I fish most don’t have them, or not in numbers at least. The sunfish I catch are usually pumpkinseeds and those aren’t schooled up in numbers like gills.

Offline quackpot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Sep 22, 2018, 06:06 PM »
Don't forget the jigs. Last year near the end of the season I could only get saugeye on a small jig tipped with a spike.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Sep 22, 2018, 06:14 PM »

Welcome to the group the jugement free zone of buying.. all I can say my name is Tom and I have the same problems lols just kidding my name is not tom!

“Hi Tom”...
I’d say we should start a support group but I’m pretty sure it would just resort to shopping advice lol. I guess that could be considered “support”.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #17 on: Sep 22, 2018, 09:09 PM »
Wow, you guys use a lot of jigs. I rarely ever use jigs, most of the time I have a rattle spoon or slender spoon on. Then again I’m usually fishing for perch, bass or trout.  bluegills are an invasive species here, and the lakes I fish most don’t have them, or not in numbers at least. The sunfish I catch are usually pumpkinseeds and those aren’t schooled up in numbers like gills.

Don’t you use jigs when fishing Perch.....works well on a neutral to off bite.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #18 on: Sep 22, 2018, 09:16 PM »
Found an old fly box I had, so I made up a few more.

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Sep 22, 2018, 09:50 PM »
Don’t you use jigs when fishing Perch.....works well on a neutral to off bite.
Well the wax worms I tip the spoons with usually seal the deal. The only days I didn’t catch them were when I couldn’t find them. Every time I thought I needed to down size to a jig, I find out the fish teasing me on my screen were either 3” perch or golden shiners.

I catch plenty of those guys as it is, even with the small rattle spoons and chubby darters. In my area, perch are considered junk fish that steal bait  ::). I’ve yet to run into another person on a lake here actually targeting them or any panfish. I’m always the only one jigging, while everyone around me are just setting traps targeting trout, land locked salmon (Atlantic), or bass. Other than here on IS or MFF, I don’t get to talk to any Mainers about panfish. Even then, the locals prefer eating the white perch and crappie, I just release everything I catch anyway.  So there are lots of grub filled perch in most of our lakes, and there is no limit if anyone wants them. 
As a side note, because not many around here actually target panfish, I don’t have the option of using spike unless I want to mail order them. No one around here sells anything but shiners and various earth worms. I have get my wax worms from the pet store I work at  >:(. Oddly though, I found that at least this one day, the white perch in this particular lake wouldn’t bite my spoon even with wax worms, but anything with a chunk of night crawler got destroyed  ??? 

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #20 on: Sep 22, 2018, 10:10 PM »
Well the wax worms I tip the spoons with usually seal the deal. The only days I didn’t catch them were when I couldn’t find them. Every time I thought I needed to down size to a jig, I find out the fish teasing me on my screen were either 3” perch or golden shiners.

I catch plenty of those guys as it is, even with the small rattle spoons and chubby darters. In my area, perch are considered junk fish that steal bait  ::). I’ve yet to run into another person on a lake here actually targeting them or any panfish. I’m always the only one jigging, while everyone around me are just setting traps targeting trout, land locked salmon (Atlantic), or bass. Other than here on IS or MFF, I don’t get to talk to any Mainers about panfish. Even then, the locals prefer eating the white perch and crappie, I just release everything I catch anyway.  So there are lots of grub filled perch in most of our lakes, and there is no limit if anyone wants them. 
As a side note, because not many around here actually target panfish, I don’t have the option of using spike unless I want to mail order them. No one around here sells anything but shiners and various earth worms. I have get my wax worms from the pet store I work at  >:(. Oddly though, I found that at least this one day, the white perch in this particular lake wouldn’t bite my spoon even with wax worms, but anything with a chunk of night crawler got destroyed  ???

Odd I never considered anyone would consider Perch junk fish.....they tend to be one of the tasty fish a guy can eat......to each is their own.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.