Author Topic: Best Helix 7 chip  (Read 1499 times)

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Best Helix 7 chip
« on: Aug 06, 2018, 10:56 AM »
Was going to buy the Lake Master chip, but wanted to get people's opinion regarding if I should go that route or if I should go with Navionics, Smart Strike, etc.
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Helix 7 chip
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2018, 11:15 AM »
Navionics+ is the best choice, in my opinion. Download exactly what you want on it.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2018, 01:24 PM »
whichever has the best coverage for your area and the lakes you fish

Catchin' Fish

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Aug 06, 2018, 02:18 PM »
I actually just bought Smart Strike chip for my Helix 5 today. There are few sellers on Amazon selling them at $40 off, ~$160.00 today. I really wanna try out those features that are included with Smart Strike chip that highlight certain areas of a lake to target.

Offline woodyth

• IceShanty Rookie
  • IS there ICE YET!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2018, 07:41 PM »
So lakemaster<Lakemaster plus<smartstrike<?????
Firemen do it best!
IX-XI-MMI NEVER FORGET!!!

PS3: WOODYTH:bang:

Offline Coachkwj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2018, 07:56 PM »
Just got the Lakemaster Plus for my Helix 7. Biggest reason is I looked at demo maps of a Lake I fish 20-30 times a year. Navionics contours were not even close.
I was disappointed to say the least. Lakemaster Plus was on sale at Amazon for $104.00 and I used a Dicks gift card and had them price match it so I got it for a little over $50.00.
I like the shallow water and depth highlight features and the water level adjustments also. My only disappointment was I couldn't use the card I have because it's SD. Helix takes Micro SD.
Don't fall in. Unless it's a big one.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2018, 12:32 PM »
I got the Hotmaps Platinum for my Helix. I think that's the Navionics offereing? It's been pretty good, usually fairly accurate.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2018, 12:49 PM »
Anyone know how these maps account for winter drawdowns?  I've had issues with the Navionics app due to this.  It tells you that you are in about 10 feet of water and drill down only to find 2 feet.
westernmas on the finder

Offline Coachkwj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2018, 01:36 PM »
On Lakemaster you can adjust for water level changes. Pretty sure Navionics can too. Lots of good videos out there on both. Did alot of research before making my purchase. Best to see for yourself. Best to see which would work best for the way you intend to use it.
Don't fall in. Unless it's a big one.

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2018, 06:06 PM »
I've used them both and Navionics has more lakes on it but many/most of them were not actually mapped.  Navionics takes the original maps and simply adds contours to them using some sort of computer program.  Meanwhile, Lakemaster has fewer lakes but these are lakes that they actually surveyed based on what I can tell.  Much more accurate IMO. 

Oh, and Navionics doesn't include roads but Lakemaster does. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.