Author Topic: X200 sleeper  (Read 6431 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
X200 sleeper
« on: Aug 03, 2018, 01:24 PM »
This is a teezer of the new clam X200 pro thermal I got for an excellent price (bargain cave). I will be doing some mods to the thing soon and keep this post and the one on the ice shack board updated. Seems like it will be a great one man sleeper and should be alot more mobile than the xl6000 hub a couple of us have been using for awhile now.

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: X200 sleeper
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2018, 05:21 PM »
Very nice. Wish you a lot of fish slime in it.... ;D
Is that an old chevy PU in the garage?
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2018, 11:42 PM »
Very nice. Wish you a lot of fish slime in it.... ;D
Is that an old chevy PU in the garage?

That it is Dom, 1969 chevy short bed. Was my old man's pride and joy. It's was a frame up restoration his buddy started and when he passed my dad finished it up. I'll get a pic up when I get to a to a computer.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2018, 05:42 AM »
Nice Matt.. All i see in your driveway is toys... ;D. And some are the kids.... ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2018, 10:42 AM »
Nice Matt.. All i see in your driveway is toys... ;D. And some are the kids.... ;D

Oh ya plenty of toys for the young and old around here. With 6 kids between myself and my wife ranging from 25 to 2 there's no shortage of that. Here's a couple pics of the old mans truck and my 2012 6.2l 1500

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 06, 2018, 05:38 PM »
 Very nice! Can’t wait to see what you come up with as far as mods go.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2018, 09:43 AM »
I'll probably just be keeping it simple. Nice deck to put the low cot on and a few seat post mounts for when i take the seats and not sleeping in it. I'm only doing just one deck that lifts up, no compartments. I'm modifying the seat post bracket that runs from end to end length wise in the sled to be the center support for the deck. It will set flush with the lip of the sled. Then just some carpeting and done, LOL at least thats the way I'm planning it but we all know how that goes
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Aug 07, 2018, 12:55 PM »
That sounds something like Prospector's setup.  Did you compare notes with him to get any lessons learned?
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Aug 07, 2018, 01:15 PM »
oh ya, been taking notes from that guy for years now. Just took a bit for me to get into something more mobile and my price range. Should be a good set up and very mobile
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Aug 29, 2018, 07:55 AM »
Ok so I've had to put off working on the new sleeper for a bit, but it has definately been worth it. Finally talked the better half into getting a utv (2018 teryx4) which of course required a new trailer. So for quite some time now I have  wanted to replace my open 2-place with an enclosed and this was the time. Finding an enclosed with the proper rear door height for a utv is quite the task unless your buying new and then its like a 2-3 month wait to get one built. While test driving a few used machines I came across a guy that had a very nice hardly used 2015 mirage extreme snow 20fter. This trailer was at the top of my list for the ones I wanted and after a few texts we settled on a great price and the deal was closed. So now it's time to get this thing together while putting it to use hauling the new utv & wheeler around until its time to put the utv away and load it full of ice gear

The new sleeper will be in the garage soon as the temps are going down outside and fall is in the air
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Aug 29, 2018, 09:04 AM »
Congrats on all the new toys. Looks like your crew is in for a ton of fun!
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Sep 10, 2018, 07:57 AM »
Thanks HB, its been fun the last few weeks for sure. Cool morning air, leaves changing and the hunts starting. Good stuff! So I was able to get some work done on the X200 finally after installing some edge glides on the trailer to keep the carbides from messing up the door

Got the original seat bar cut down and repositioned on the X200 to be level with the rest of the sled and provide more than enough support for my top deck

Top deck board cut to fit around hinges, pole release's ect... and intial weight testing for my big butt

Then came the carpet, got everything glued and stapled in place along with getting the hinge where I believe it will need to be. I will find out the next day I get to do some work on it. Should be good to go

Even gave it the christening with a few cold ones and few spilled drops just to break it in later that evening

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Sep 10, 2018, 07:27 PM »
That's looking great!
I'd give ya cost plus a few hundred!  ;)

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #13 on: Sep 10, 2018, 08:09 PM »
I am glade you got my good side ;D ;D ;D

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Sep 11, 2018, 12:50 PM »
That's looking great!
I'd give ya cost plus a few hundred!  ;)

Thanks HB, dont know about the price though. My hourly gets pretty expensive as the night goes on and the cold ones are going down faster  ;)

I am glade you got my good side ;D ;D ;D

You have a good side  :o I never noticed  ;D
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Sep 12, 2018, 11:36 PM »
Looking great!
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Sep 13, 2018, 11:31 AM »
Looking great!

Thanks, cant wait to put it to use. Got the electrical supplies & rubber mat for the tub ordered yesterday. Hoping to get the top deck attached to the tub this weekend and then I can post up some more progress pics  :thumbsup: :woot: :woot:

I put our xl6000 on the for sale board today. Hoping some one local wants it, as its been a great sleeper for us over the years. I will put it up on KSL after the hunts start winding down

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=360271.msg3858128#new
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Sep 21, 2018, 09:43 PM »
A little birdie told me that you have more progress pictures to share... :whistle:

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Sep 21, 2018, 11:04 PM »
There has been a little more progress after some trial & error with my one piece top which is now 3 pieces. It's much more functional now when the tents down. I will get the pics uploaded to imgur but still have to wait until I get on my laptop to post them. Doing some trail riding tomorrow so will be Sunday or Monday to get them up.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Sep 24, 2018, 11:04 AM »
Ok here's the latest as promissed. As I said earlier I ran into a problem that I didnt see when I was building the deck. I was thinking I could use just a 1 piece deck, but after looking at it for a while sitting in the garage I came to the relization that the 1 piece would work great when the tent was up but when the tent was down it would be really difficult to open the deck to put my gear in or get anything out. I pulled the carpet back and chopped 5in off each side of the deck and built new side pieces that got some new carpet

As you can see it the pics the tent material is pushed to the outside which isn't the norm for anyone that has a flip. With the tent up my youngest approves it as a sleeping area

Next I moved on to the hinge which I had previously installed, DUH. Of course it was about an inch to high on the deck, so I placed the deck in place in the up position and took the hinge off and re-attched it in the correct place to be functional.

Next came the power plug. This should work good hooking it up to either a barttery or most likely a jump box under the deck. That's the next project along with the mat I'm placing in the bottom of the tub

Here's the finished look/postion it will be in when loading it up / taking gear out / using it for day trips

Like I said next is a little bit of wiring, mat in the tub & of course some seat mounts
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Sep 26, 2018, 07:48 AM »
Looking good Matt. Can't wait to see the TVs and chrome pole go in!  ;)
Sounds like a we've had a few cold nights up high..

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Sep 26, 2018, 08:12 AM »
Very nice!
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Sep 26, 2018, 08:16 AM »
Looking good Matt. Can't wait to see the TVs and chrome pole go in!  ;)
Sounds like a we've had a few cold nights up high..

Thanks Dewy, tv's & pole's  ::) we'll have to see on that one. Not as much room in this one as we had in the XL6000 but its doable to some extent  ;D You know I'm seeing a temp sensor showing 36deg up on monte cristo right now. Surprisingly up at 10,000ft in the uintahs it only got down to 32deg  :'( needs to get alot colder there, must be some cloud cover. From Echo to evanston and over to bear lake its running around 19-26degs. Manilla to green river was around 27deg this morning also. Its coming and if I can beat my all time best 1st ice of last year on Nov 11th I'll be surprised  :-\

Very nice!

Thanks piersm2, its coming along great and the weather also
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Oct 09, 2018, 12:17 PM »
Not much done to the sleeper this weekend, but I did get the E-track installed in the new enclosed trailer so I can get some things up off the floor finally.

I also was finally able to get my seat bases all squared away and situated for the next work day I can get on the sleeper. Big thanks to Joe (prospector) & sky (icecutterion) for hooking me up. Was good to see you friday while we crosssed paths on the freeway in Idaho Joe  :thumbsup: I also decided and purchased my new sleeping apparatus. I was throwing back and forth the idea of either using a low to the ground cot or one of the newer pads that have been out on the market for awhile now. After a trial run on one of the pads I have been eyeballing at sportsmans, I tried it out and I was sold,  my big butt would sleep fine for a few nights on the pad and alot less to pack/set up. I went with the Klymit static V luxe insulated pad, it measure's 74"X30" and is 3" thick when inflated. Pretty dang comfy for a big guy like myself. I'll find out this wintrer for sure.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #24 on: Oct 09, 2018, 02:12 PM »
Looking good brotha!  Can't wait to go.  Though this Jones can't keep up with you guys anymore, so I hope it is OK I show up with my peasant gear.  ;D

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Oct 09, 2018, 03:27 PM »
Sometimes it sucks being tall. There's no way I could fit on something like that! Looks awesome though!

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #26 on: Oct 12, 2018, 09:51 PM »
Your build is looking good Matt . I’ve been looking fo an X200 myself, only one available now is at Bass Pro in Vegas. Where did you find yours ? I’m going to Scottsdale Arizona this week to help my son with his new home so maybe I’ll swing by Vegas on the way back.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Oct 12, 2018, 11:04 PM »
 Keep on posting pics! You guys are inspiring me to get up to 100% after surgery so that I can be ready to hit the ice. Looking good!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Oct 13, 2018, 12:20 AM »
Your build is looking good Matt . I’ve been looking fo an X200 myself, only one available now is at Bass Pro in Vegas. Where did you find yours ? I’m going to Scottsdale Arizona this week to help my son with his new home so maybe I’ll swing by Vegas on the way back.

Thx Gale. Got it out of the Farmington bargain cave when they started shutting them down for a good deal. If you find a stock x400 I'll swap you. Damon is looking for a flip sleeper also
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Oct 14, 2018, 01:02 AM »
Hey Geezer...if Bass Pro is the only one that has them, you should be able to get them to ship to the Farmington Cabela's for free. I spent the better part of the day haggling, hussling, maybe even a little exaggerating with the managers at Cabela's and then the online customer support folks and during all that, two of them said that Bass Pro will deliver to any Cabela's free for in-store pickup.  Definitely play the limited availability card too....was able to get Cabela's to drop the listed online price significantly on my Frabill Predator today.  Will post some pics with the sleeper mods for it when it arrives and I start pulling it together.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.