Author Topic: Gander Outdoors  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
Gander Outdoors
« on: Apr 04, 2018, 12:50 PM »
Checked out the new store in Coldwater Michigan, it just opened, grand opening this Saturday. Have a huge gun selection, priced above average I would say, and one thing that really stood out for me was a 1# propane cylinder was $6.79 !!  I told one of the workers that asked if anything can help u with, that that is way over priced, she said she will check with the manager to see if priced correct. Seemed to have everything !!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Gander Outdoors
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2018, 01:11 PM »
I think Walmart sells 2 1 # propane for that price.
<===Lefty===

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2018, 01:24 PM »
I thought it was outrageous !

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2018, 01:35 PM »
You sure it wasn'r a twin pack?

WS

Offline hole_hopper454

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2018, 03:46 PM »
I went to the new one that opened about a month ago... was not impressed at all. It felt like I was in a warehouse, not a sporting goods store. Prices were better than before but no deals or anything.  I won't be shopping there and I could honestly see them going out of business again.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2018, 04:14 PM »
The sign below said each, there is a party store around the corner from me that charges that and they get it surprisingly !!

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2018, 08:38 PM »
Sounds like Canadian pricing

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2018, 10:47 AM »
I have one opening up in Kingston NY soon ...I am certain I will run there to check it out its little out of my way but since my local in Middletown NY was not set to reopen it is my closet option ...my local sporting goods stores are dwindling down in their selection/inventory my on line purchases have been steadily going up over the past several seasons.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2018, 12:30 PM »
We had a Grander Mtn. in Niagara Falls, NY a few years ago then Cabela's opened one of their mega stores near-by and it took no time for Grander Mtn to go out of business.  Grander Mtn. has always been priced higher then the other sporting goods stores.  Their own misfortune.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Apr 06, 2018, 06:52 PM »
We had a Grander Mtn. in Niagara Falls, NY a few years ago then Cabela's opened one of their mega stores near-by and it took no time for Grander Mtn to go out of business.  Grander Mtn. has always been priced higher then the other sporting goods stores.  Their own misfortune.

I'd generally agree, but there used to be awesome deals on fishfinders there.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Apr 08, 2018, 08:03 AM »
I recall about 40+years ago when Gander Outdoors was known as Gander Mountain, they had great deals. I used to order from them all the time

Offline MinnesotaPike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Apr 08, 2018, 01:29 PM »
Sears has been around since 1896. Want to debate how much longer they are going to last ? I live in
the Mahoning- Shenango Valley. The Sears store is now an almost extinct presence here. Wonder how many people in the 19th century thought Winchester Repeating Arms would ever go down ?

LOL all you want but I stand by my statement. Lifetime guarantees are good for life of company not buyer. RIGID may last another 100 years. Then again we could read about their having to close their doors next month.
Wrong thread... not sure your premise is very good anyways. Might want to try a different comparison when you repost in the deals thread.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.