Author Topic: love to buy a USA made camera  (Read 1806 times)

Offline john1947

• IceShanty Rookie
love to buy a USA made camera
« on: Mar 27, 2018, 06:37 PM »
Anyone know of a USA made underwater camera?thanks
john

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: love to buy a USA made camera
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2018, 06:50 PM »
marcum makes their own sonar and transducers. maybe their cameras are also made by them.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2018, 09:43 AM »
Marcum claims their 825 model is made in the USA. Don't know about their other models.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2018, 02:45 PM »
Made and manufactured are different, im assuming that the parts are made elsewhere.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2018, 02:50 PM »
I would think assembled in the USA would be correct. Probably true with most products.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline john1947

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2018, 01:12 PM »
thanks im going to wait till i find a older one .If we stop buying someone might start making them here comlete parts and all
I was going to buy a microwave sold as usa but found parts were made china so there was no benefit as the parts are what gives out,lol and the price was double

Offline BigSling

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2018, 04:27 PM »
thanks im going to wait till i find a older one .If we stop buying someone might start making them here comlete parts and all
I was going to buy a microwave sold as usa but found parts were made china so there was no benefit as the parts are what gives out,lol and the price was double

Seems like one of those 'you can wish in one hand and you-know-what in the other and see which fills first' hopes. No guarantee the quality would be any better either simply based on country of origin.

Life's too short in my opinion. Personally, I'd enjoy the extra fish I caught with the new camera and the warmed up food from a new microwave rather than dig my heels in.

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2018, 06:34 PM »
I agree, its hard to stick to usa made stuff only. Especially electronics.
I like my vex camera, Bluetooth to my cell phone easy to use.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2018, 07:34 PM »
I would think assembled in the USA would be correct. Probably true with most products.
Yep, they've been doin' it for years. My '77 Harley was built with Showa forks, a Kehin carb and who knows what ever foreign parts they used..... Pisses me off, but not much I can do about it.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 30, 2018, 08:08 PM »
Seems like one of those 'you can wish in one hand and you-know-what in the other and see which fills first' hopes. No guarantee the quality would be any better either simply based on country of origin.

Life's too short in my opinion. Personally, I'd enjoy the extra fish I caught with the new camera and the warmed up food from a new microwave rather than dig my heels in.

Thank God someone said it. Buying american isnt going to change the fact that nearly everything can be made the same or better quality for less money somewhere overseas.

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 31, 2018, 10:15 AM »
We in the West seem to have enjoyed being well ahead in public education and technology for quite a while. Unfortunately for us, those days are now long gone. Heck, I'm old enough to remember when "Made in Japan" was a joke---that's where the junky toys came from!! Now we can't buy the latest in electronics----newer 'stuff' is still being loaded on ships in Japan etc with even newer stuff on the proverbial drawing boards!!

BTW---Leica cameras used to be made just up the road from us!!

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/33085957
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Wingthing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JustJigIt
« Reply #11 on: Apr 01, 2018, 07:42 PM »
I'm a dual citizen US & Canadian living in Canada. I try to buy as much US & Canadian as possible but if either are not available I try to buy from a country that shares the same values. But many things are just not made in these places anymore to keep prices down & shares up lol.

Offline thorson

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Apr 09, 2018, 08:26 AM »
I have had a couple Aqua view cameras based out of MN.  The customer service they have provided is absolutely outstanding.  They have a customer for life with me!

Thor
Life is short, fish hard!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.