Author Topic: NO. 8 TACKLE CO. CGI COLD GEAR INLINE ICE REELS  (Read 4510 times)

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
NO. 8 TACKLE CO. CGI COLD GEAR INLINE ICE REELS
« on: Dec 16, 2017, 05:38 PM »
Does anyone know what the line capacity for four pound line is?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: NO. 8 TACKLE CO. CGI COLD GEAR INLINE ICE REELS
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2017, 06:06 PM »
4/45 from Eagle Claw...I am in the same boat got two no8 CGI and two one 3 Descents that I need to spool up soon .

https://www.eagleclaw.com/eagle-claw/products/product/24240/
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2017, 08:37 AM »
I discovered that Eagle Claw makes three different sizes, the ECILIR reel holds 45 yards of 4 pound, ECMCILIR holds 130 yards of 4 pound, and the ECILIRAS holds 190 yards of 4 pound and they all have the capacities printed on the reel where as the CGI unfortunately doesn't.  I even checked on their website and they don't have the capacity listed there either. 

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2017, 08:45 AM »
I discovered that Eagle Claw makes three different sizes, the ECILIR reel holds 45 yards of 4 pound, ECMCILIR holds 130 yards of 4 pound, and the ECILIRAS holds 190 yards of 4 pound and they all have the capacities printed on the reel where as the CGI unfortunately doesn't.  I even checked on their website and they don't have the capacity listed there either.

Interesting ...I just PMd 13fishing  via FaceBook I will get back to you when/if I hear back.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2017, 09:06 AM »
Thank you.  I didn't know about the different size Eagle Claws before until I was looking at them on a website and discovered there was different model numbers for them.  I think the website was FishUSA but not sure since I saw that last year and wrote it down.  Also the Magnum version of the Eagle Claw has a 600 yard capacity of 4 pound line.   :o

Offline defish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2017, 11:48 PM »
Put backing on them until they're around half full or so, tie a uni-knot between the backer and the main line and spool the 100 yd filler onto the reel - it would take a LOT of 4lb to fill the entire reel spool.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2017, 03:21 PM »
Does anyone know what the line capacity for four pound line is?

Heard back from 13Fishing via FaceBook

8/80
6/100
4/125
3/175
2/350

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.