Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1610105 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #12270 on: Apr 19, 2018, 11:05 AM »
Good day fellow 9:45ers , I had some rain earlier today sky is still cloudy think I will see more rain before day ends guessing temperature is in forties/fifty at the most. Received a surprise is yesterday's mail jury duty summons for week in May. Have to notify my employer will be fun adjusting sleep routine if called any day that week.
Icefisher -45 how are things going ,have you reached any decision regarding back surgery.
Eddie hope the weather warms up and dries out so concrete/gray stuff work can get started might have to alter the mixture or cover and use heaters so concrete cures properly.
Whopper Stopper have fun with the Honey do list. May the second part of driving class go well tonight.
Ice Wanderer good work with the blood sugar levels. Hope you see some benefit from therapy sessions in coming weeks.
Wallyworld agree with you on floor finish. All the best with your car issues.
Tom Turkey hope your son got to work problem free this morning. Think many outside construction projects got pushed back with this late coming Spring.
IFF may your cherry tree blossoms survive have similar concern with Magnolia tree at the house. Be careful on fishing trip pressure on wrists while landing a big fish may aggravate your Carpel Tunnel.

Have a good and safe afternoon/evening everyone.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12271 on: Apr 19, 2018, 03:31 PM »
But Steve, I would get over that  :)

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12272 on: Apr 19, 2018, 06:04 PM »
 :thumbsup: :flex: :clap:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #12273 on: Apr 20, 2018, 03:17 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Just let the dogs out and noticed a fresh dusting of snow fell again over night. Blustery NW winds and 29* this am, high of 41 today with a chance of rain/snow showers.

Marv...glad the instructors job went well for you, excellent! Was wondering if that " to do list " included a fishing trip or two?   ;D.  Denfinetly glad the terrazzo work will be over with now, just hoping some comfortable weather comes in before the broiler starts up again!
  Jeff...good news on your blood sugar reading, hoping you'll see some improvements soon with the therapy, best of luck with that Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope the tune up worked out for you! All these different codes that pop up can be a PITA sometimes, had to replace my gas cap for one on my truck, rediculous. Looks like some nicer weather coming in next week..any trips to Ontario planned?
  Tom...sounds like lots of roadwork coming up around here as well this year, many bridge jobs this year from what I've heard. By the looks of the roads, I'd imagine a lot of them will be under construction as well this year. Potholes seem to be growing bigger by the day! 
  Bud...yes, the Spring fashions, lol. Almost wondering if there will be any this year or will we see the Summer collection?  ;D. Hope your wrists are feeling a little better today, best of luck on the net!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...with this crazy weather we'll have everything ready again to protect the material like it was late Fall. Seems like most everyone is in good spirits to get outside working again, we'll be increasing the size of the crew again soon.
  I-45...hope you're starting to feel a little better Sir!   :thumbsup:

Have been seeing a few skunks again lately in my travels, guess that's a sign of Spring even if the temperatures haven't reflected it.
  The trout streams were looking pretty decent on the way home yesterday, still a little high and cloudy, but not too bad. Ice was still holding on some of the lakes with shorelines slowly opening up...shouldn't be to much longer before the old Jonboat gets a ride.
  Cawfee's brewing....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12274 on: Apr 20, 2018, 04:54 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 28* and partly cloudy here on my hill, the cat has been out and is back wanting treats! :woot:
                            Eddie.......The streams around here seem to be clear a little high and probably very cold. ::)
                            Marv........X2 on the instructors job, you seem to knock them out fast. :flex:
                            Bud........I think if you wear the braces on your wrist netting won't be too much of a problem. :%$#!: :thumbsup:
                            Wally......Warmer weather is in the forecast for next week, time to get back on those browns. :flex:
                            I-45.......I hope you're on the mend. :thumbsup:
                            Not much going on here today, my wife's mother is coming tomorrow for a couple of days, I have a broken mirror to repair in the
                    upstairs bath, that's it!
                            I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out doing!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12275 on: Apr 20, 2018, 05:27 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Day two of temps in the 50's. Yesterday the last of the snow melted off my enclosed trailer, and everywhere I had blown snow it's down to grass or dirt, or both ???. By next Thursday 68 in the forecast.

Last nights class went off excellent. The instructor (a very personable fella) was easy to listen to  and his vast experiences as a retired policeman added a lot to the class. A couple of people questioned his laid back pace, but I had no problem with it. He even brought coffee and doughnuts ???  He said "just trying to make a dull evening more enjoyable".

Yesterday was my first day of working on the "List". I chose an indoor project as outside will still be a couple weeks off. The wood work is in need of some cleaning and reconditioning. I spent the day on the staircase and one slotted bifold closet door. When my wife came home she couldn't believe how great everything turned out (could be a trick) and didn't even get mad when I told her I used my air hose to blast the dust off before using the Old English Scratch Cover. I also loaded up some 7-30 Waters cases in case the s-i-l and I make it to the range today.

One of my favorite sport shops Thorne Brothers is having their Spring sale today through the weekend. I am planning on heading over there later this morning and seeing what's all on sale. This summer will be find me taking 1 day midweek every week and fishing on a lake somewhere. I could use a few spinners for bass and some plastics for panfish. I have lots of winter gear just short on summer stuff.

Hope you all have an Excellent Friday no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12276 on: Apr 20, 2018, 06:37 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....great job on starting "the list"  :thumbsup:  remember tho, you need to pace yourself & not set the bar too high lest MrsWS starts to expect the exceptional work EVERY time  :roflmao:  have fun shopping  ;)

IW....safe travels to your M-I-L  ;)  hope the mirror replacement is an easy one

Eddie....starting to see signs of skunks on the lawn, time to break out the traps  :%$#!:  looks like you'll need your rain wear for a couple days next week  :(   still better than long johns tho  :woot: 

Heading to Lake Erie later today to pick up a new tackle box I ordered last month from a vendor at the outdoor show in Hamburg. He offered to ship it but we decided to ride out, spend the night & hit another outdoor show out that way tomorrow, probably make a stop at Cabela's too on the way by  ;D   Looks like Sunday or Monday will be the next "brown" trip  :)  not sure how to dress for temps in the low 50s instead of 30s  :woot:  Tuesday we're off to MA for a couple days. The oldest grand daughter is having surgery on her foot Wednesday so we'll be keeping on eye on the other 2 that day. Guess with all the traveling we'll know if the car is "fixed" or not  :whistle:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12277 on: Apr 20, 2018, 06:42 AM »
Good Morning everyone. 31 and clouds.

Streams around here a clear but there is nothing in them. Too cold for the walleyes and they haven't stocked trout in them in years. I am sure a few of the ones they put into the lake make a ways of the streams.

I have spent the last few days working on cleaning out the basement. My wife kept everything. We had the camp here, our home in Churchville, wife's mother moved in with us when she got sick, youngest daughter moved in and out a couple times, well I think you get the picture. Wife can't help, MIL moved on (rest her soul) and the daughter works and has her own home. Of course, NOTHING down there is mine....lol

Taking it easy the next couple days getting ready for the BIG bowling roll-off Sunday evening.

The browns don't stand a chance next week out on the big O with the weather change...Good Luck WW if you get out

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12278 on: Apr 20, 2018, 07:22 AM »
Another day of Sunshine today. The sun has melted a lot of the snow/sleet except in the thick woods. My driveway is actually dry but I need to clean the mud off of the end of it from the last time the road was plowed as he got the edge of the grass along the road pretty bad. Supposed to warm up pretty good so I hope to get into the garage to get some things sorted out to go on an online auction site to go on next weeks auction. I am trying to get rid of stuff that I do not need so the kids do not have to worry about it in the future.

WS You will be able to work in some of your own time and not spending it all on the hunny do list. That is until the wife retires. ;D If you need a different louvered door there has been one sitting out side of the back door of  the house behind us all winter. This new neighbor has been nothing but a junk man since they moved in. He took a bunch of stuff out of one shed and threw it on the ground out side of his new shed instead of putting it inside. He has had two expensive riding mowers sitting out side all winter. I guess he does know what a tarp is for. We can not wait for the leaves to come out so we can't see all of the junk. The house next door to us is even worse.

Eddie The roads in Michigan are terrable. All they do is piece meal fixes. They will grind off the black top and put another layer on with out fixing the under laying problems so they are back to what they were in a few years. The road we take to grocery shop got real bad with frost heaves in the crcks after it was reblacktopped a few years ago They shut down the one big bridge this morning. I am glad we have another way to get into the city so we can avoid that problem. Hopefully our warmer weather gets to you so working out side next week will be bearable.

Some one mentiond Raq that  other day. He has been posting some on Myfishfinder forum in the Off Topic forum in the Gardens Any One thread. He lived in Holland Michigan for a while so I pick on him some about his time here.

I heard on the news this morning that there was a small earth quake in Canada not far from Detroit. It is good that it was small. If it had been big in Detriot it probably put a lot of the abandoned buildings on the ground.

You people with skunks around, you need to harvest enough to make a coat. They have long silky fur this time of year. A skunk coat will get you to the front of the line at a check out every time.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12279 on: Apr 20, 2018, 10:04 AM »
Good Morning everyone, looks like it's going to be a nice day. Have to go see the Doctor next week to reevaluate the injections I had. Still have sharp pain in my leg so may need a injection in my upper back. Hoping the injections work. I hope everyone has a great day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12280 on: Apr 20, 2018, 01:30 PM »
Good day everyone finally sunny blue sky with a few clouds with wind feels like temperature is in lower forties. Believe weather guessers say my area will get above fifty a few days next week.
IFF enjoy the fishing trip hope pain does not get to bad in your wrists and hands.
Eddie knew you and your fellow masons would have some tricks  of the trade to get outside work done and keep overall project on time schedule. Water temperature in your local streams should be close to range trout find most tolerable .
Ice Wanderer safe journey to your MIL. May the mirror repair be a simple job.
Whopper Stopper glad driving course instructor does what he can to make things enjoyable. Think your wife will be happy with wood work cleaning until the dust settles as they say one thing I've found with shop vacuums and fine dust you sometimes blow dust out vacuum's exhaust onto something else.
Wallyworld enjoy the outdoor show and Cabelas visit. Hope your car does not leave you stranded anywhere on the trip. safe journey to MA. next week all the best with grand daughters foot surgery. Did she injure the foot playing hockey or some other sport.
Hunts2long amazing the amount of items we accumulate over time not the most fun job but good to clean out basement every so often or job only becomes bigger. Good luck to you and your bowling team mates this weekend.
Tom Turkey hope your children appreciate your effort to clean out garage . Glad weather has melted the snow hope edge of your yard is not to damaged from this Winter's snow plowing.
Icefisher-45  appears you are holding off on surgery at this time may any new injections help with the pain in your leg.
 A safe and pleasant evening to all . best to those fishing this weekend.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12281 on: Apr 21, 2018, 04:24 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It's 30* and clear on my hill this morning, the cat is out on his prowl. It was a clear day yesterday and temps were in the low 40"s,
                    we lost some snow. :clap:
                             Marv......I hope the cleaning went well, were you doing it to surprise your wife or was that on the "Honey Do List". :roflmao:
                             Eddie......The guessers have Monday a great day for you guys to start outside work, I hope it keeps going in that direction. :flex:
                             H2L........May the Bowling Gods be on your side in the bowling finals. :woot:
                             I-45.......I hope the injections work for you, what are they injecting?
                             Wally......Have a good time at the show, I hope you save some money to spend on some good stuff. :thumbsup:
                             Tom........I think everyone has things that need to be disposed of, I know I do, I just can't get in the right frame of mind to do it. ::)
                             I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out fishing or at sports shows.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12282 on: Apr 21, 2018, 05:19 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Clear skies and 31* here this am, high of 52 today.

Jeff...how much snow do you have left on the ground? We still have some patches of snow hanging on here as well, but that should be mostly gone by this weekend. Hope your MIL had a safe trip, enjoy the weekend!   :thumbsup:  Meant to yell you, my son Mike just started that bridge job up on Exit 30 on Wednesday.
  Steve...planning on some trout fishing this afternoon, will keep you posted! Understand we're going out on the marble again first starting Monday. They increased our replacement number this season from 1,000 pieces to 1,500.
  I-45...best wishes with the injection, hope that helps!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...cleaning out the garage is on my list as well. Today will be catching up on the outside lawns, dog duty and filling in some holes my daughters 10 month old German Shepard likes to dig!   :%$#!:  Could have used one of those skunk coats you mentioned yesterday at WallyWorld!   ;D
  H2...your basement sounds kind of like mine, have all sorts of my kids stuff here, lol. Wishing you and the team success at roll off tomorrow night, best of luck!   :thumbsup:
  Wally..safe travels to and from Erie, enjoy the outdoor show and the shopping!!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...nice start on the honey do list!!  :clap:  Glad to read you slipped a fishing trip in there as well, thats awesome!

The birds are singing up a storm this am, guess they know it's going to be a nice day without the weather guessers telling them.
  Cawfee's on, guess I'm ready to start my Spring cleaning early, transfer station opens at 8.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12283 on: Apr 21, 2018, 07:45 AM »
 :%$#!: :%$#!: :cookoo: waking up to another blanket of white rain.  looks like it will continue for most of the morning.  Guy that wanted to go tomorrow called questioning if it would be worth going out, with this cold front moving in.  :unsure:  ::) I am going even if by myself.  Still nursing sore muscles, hope I  didn't damage the shoulder one.

want to take a Gander at Gander, and see how the reconstruction is going while out and about for some other errands.  Time for me to do some morning stretches

Good day all.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12284 on: Apr 21, 2018, 07:57 AM »
The clouds have moved back in. 30* to start but calling for the upper 50's today. They  finally got the NOOA radar back up and running. Maybe this will stop all of the outages. The snow is pretty much gone out of the yard. It was funny to see all of the boulders of snow that are still along the roads from plowing off the sleety snow from the last storm.

Eddie A skunk coat would be a lot classier in Wallyworld than a lot of the pictures I see of their customers. I seldom go in there as we shop at a Meijer store right next door. The Meijer chain has given a ton of money to the area they were founded with a lot going to the medical community. You do not see Wallyworld doing that much for the communities. Sadly they and the big box building stores have put a lot of small family owned places out of business.

It is not  a garage at the other place I am cleaning out it is the house. It has become a storage place since I am not living there. There is a lot of stuff there that I had when I was working that needs to go. I saw that I need to get the anchor mate I have on the online auction as the ones on there lately have brought some good money. I have not used it in years

As far as damage to the yard goes it only amounts to cleaning up the dirt that got plowed into the yard. If they would remove the berm along the road from the sanding being plowed to the side it would be nice as the water can not get off of the road.

I-45  I hope the injections help. I finally had to have a nerve stimulator put in my back

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12285 on: Apr 21, 2018, 08:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

That was a crazy night. I awoke to the phone ringing and my Sister calling to say Hello! I had over slept by about 3 hours ??? That doesn't happen very often.

IW no need for me to do any extra chores as the list is pretty big as is :roflmao: I had told her to get some things together, but that I was just going to pick an item and work on it at my own pace. If the list drags into next year I am not going to worry about it. Monday-Tuesday the cupboards get some treatment and that will be it for that chore, I am ready to head outdoors.

We had a neighbor years ago that had a skunk coat, it definitely was something to see :thumbsup:

This afternoon we are heading into WI for the annual smelt feed at a Rod and Gun club. They always do an excellent job and the club takes on some pretty amazing projects for the betterment of their area. This will be our 6th year of taking it in.

Hope you all have an Excellent Saturday no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: As always stay safe!

WS

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #12286 on: Apr 21, 2018, 06:38 PM »
Evening Everybody

Hope All is Well

Well, It is now official, I am 'Capt. Grandpa'

After some trials and tribulations, 'Nickolas' presented himself for his 'audition' at 4:25 DST NY in San Diego, his father is still on the aircraft carrier working it's way back from
     the Persian Gulf, dad is due back beginning of May, 7lbs. 2ozs., 19 1/4 in., labor was long, over 36 hours, mom is very tired, once I get to speak with her tomorrow, I'll get
     a better idea of what went on

Like Arnold Says, "I'll Be Back"

Be Safe-Have Fun-Stay Warm or Cool, according to local conditions-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drinks-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12287 on: Apr 22, 2018, 04:05 AM »
Good morning, Well congrads Capt-Grandpa  33* this morning, should be up to 40 by 8:00 launch time.  Winds should be light, for a change.i going to head over for a short bike ride, hope it takes the kinks out.

Was just reading a Northern Wisc report for the Hayward area, now I'm jealous.

I'll leave the coffee on, hope your day goes to your liking.

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12288 on: Apr 22, 2018, 04:37 AM »
Good Morning Bud, Morning Everyone,
  Clear/calm 31*this am, high of 57 today with lots of sunshine!

Capt.Jim... :clap:   :bow: CONGRATULATIONS Grandpa!!! :bow: :clap:  Best wishes from NY to baby Nickolas, Mom and Dad, and the families!! Terrific news! Hope all is well with you Sir, looking forward to your next report!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope you had safe travels and a great afternoon at the Smelt fest!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...have heard of Meijer, but don't think they are here in NY, maybe it was from Illinois where my wife's family lived? Had to laugh about those boulders of snow from plowing....still some here as well.   ;D
  Bud...another dose of that crazy Colorado weather yesterday! Best of luck with the fishing today, hope the bike ride helps, be careful!   :thumbsup:

Got most of my chores completed fairly early yesterday, will wrap them up today. Forgot all about a Little League fund raiser for my grandson yesterday afternoon, they had a chicken barbecue dinner at the school, so my fishing plans got squashed. They had a great turnout, and it sure was nice seeing quite a few people we havent seen in a long time. A little nicer weather today, will make a short trip to one of the streams today.
  Cawfee's on...will hoist a mug to the Captain on becoming a GrandPa!   :thumbsup:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12289 on: Apr 22, 2018, 04:49 AM »
                        Good morning Bud, ER's,
                                It's 35* and clear here on my hill another nice day ahead. :clap:
                                Bud........I hope you have a good day on the water if you go. :thumbsup:
                                Eddie......I was thinking the other day that you mentioned that Mike had a job up this way. I don't get up that way too often but if I do I'll
                        stop and say hi! Here is a picture of my back yard that I took yesterday.

Capt.Jim.......Congrat ulations and welcome to grandpahood! :clap: Too bad the father couldn't be there for the birth!
                                Marv.......I like your thinking on handling the Honey Do List, it will get done eventually. ::)
                                Wally......I hope you drive out west was uneventful and your enjoying the show. :thumbsup:
                                I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out doing whatever.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12290 on: Apr 22, 2018, 06:16 AM »
Morning Jeff,
  Wow, you still have a lot of snow left up there yet! This weeks warmer weather and rain forecasted should help you get most of your lawn back, that's amazing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12291 on: Apr 22, 2018, 06:53 AM »
Morning Jeff,
  Wow, you still have a lot of snow left up there yet! This weeks warmer weather and rain forecasted should help you get most of your lawn back, that's amazing!
               We up here just call it "Life In the North Country"

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12292 on: Apr 22, 2018, 07:44 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Capt.Jim Congratulations! All the best to Nickolas and the entire family :thumbsup:

Eddie good luck at the stream today :thumbsup: I hope you find some hungry trout.

The smelt feed as always was a huge success. I have no idea how many turned out but just the time we were there a couple hundred passed thru the door. Many were sitting outside at picnic tables, which looked better than it felt. We found a table indoors which just happened to be where they dished the seconds and thirds  ;)2

Today I am going to chip some brush out by my apple orchard. We don't have anything going on so I don't want to waist the day. Yesterday I blew some snow by my fire pit. Where you see the brown tree is where the pit and grate are. I figured if I ever want BBQ chicken out there I best help the snow along with it's melting. I can almost smell it cooking  ;D

Hope you all have an excellent Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12293 on: Apr 22, 2018, 08:20 AM »
Good morning everyone, looks like its going to be a nice sunny day. I'm having cortisone shots in my back. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12294 on: Apr 22, 2018, 08:34 AM »
Frosty morning again today. It is guessed to get to 70* next week. We will see how that goes! There are still a few ice boulders in the shade. Ice takes longer to melt that snow I guess

The guy that bought the Explorer and got the plug fixed and got it out of the yard. I had pulled the Weathertech mats out of the front. I made a swap with him for a pint of maple syrup that he made with some apples in it when he boiled it down. Sounds Yummy!

The two vehcles I got out of the yard went to a couple of guys that really nice to deal with and really wanted them even with the problems they had. Now to find the wife a vehicle so i can go over to the other place to hunt turkey and not leave her home stranded with out a vehicle.

Capt Grampa Congratultions. I am sure that his father can not wait to get home and hold him. Just do not spoil Nicholas too bad as he grows up. I can still remember the birth of my 2 grandkids and they are both in there 20's now.

Eddie I know that Meijer is in Ohio but do not know about Indiana and Illinois.

I need to get going and get the stuff loaded to take to the online aucton house to get it in this weeks auction.

Every on have a good day and week ahead

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12295 on: Apr 22, 2018, 09:20 AM »
Good Sunday morning everyone, nice Sunny day with blue sky finally feeling like Spring with temperatures reaching mid to high fifties. The ground is still soft from recent rain fall went to lacrosse game on Friday afternoon players slipping and sliding as there cleats filled with soil.  I was hoping to see a back and forth game but it ended up being a one sided contest with final score of 15 to 4 nice to be outside could have done without the wind which made things feel like low forties.
Capt.-Grandpa Jim nice to see you back congratulations on the birth of your grandson Nickolas . Assume your work load is increasing as folks want jobs completed before start of coming vacation /rental season.
Eddie best to your grandson and his Little League team this season. May you have a nice day on the trout streams.
Ice Wanderer hope your having a good time with MIL during her visit. Looks like your area is prime for flooding with any heavy rainfall and rapid snow melt.
Whopper Stopper glad you found a place at table to enjoy your smelt dinner sounds like the festival is a major event from size of the crowd. Keep the positive thoughts on chicken barbeque your yard looks similar to IW's with the snow.
IFF have a good day fishing may the bike ride leave you feeling better.
Icefisher-45 may the cortisone shots help your condition .
Hunts2long if bowl off as not yet occurred all the best tonight for your team and you.
Tom Turkey good luck with vehicle search for your wife. Enjoy the syrup.
Wallyworld hope you enjoyed the outdoor show and best with the fishing.

A good and safe Sunday to all. Best to those out fishing.
Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12296 on: Apr 22, 2018, 04:54 PM »
Afternoon all,

CaptJim.......CONGRATS on Becoming a Grandpa  :thumbsup: :clap:  Best wishes to the whole family  :)  Enjoy every minute  ;)

MrC....doesn't take much wind to bring the temps down  >:(  sorry the game was so one sided  :(  my grand daughter's foot problem is an extra bone on the inner side of both feet just past her ankles, she will need to have the other one taken care of later this summer once she's healed & rehabbed from this surgery   :(  her hockey skates have really aggravated the problem  :-\

Eddie....hope you had good luck if you made it to the stream today  ;)  good luck to your grandson's ball team this season  :flex:

IFF...hope the fish were biting today and the bike ride eased the stiffness  :)

WS & IW......you guys have my deepest sympathies still having that much snow  :sick: :pinch: :blink:  sounds like you're both taking it in stride tho  :bow: :flex: :woot:

The outdoor show was ok, nothing special  :blink:  If it wasn't for picking up the new tackle box we wouldn't have bothered going. However....the tackle box is AWESOME  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  no more tangled up messes of stick baits  :clap: :clap: I LOVE it  ;)2

Hit the big lake today, only managed 1 brown 18"   :'(  better than getting the striped kitty tho   ;)  think we'll be trying again in the morning.

Have a good evening, hope it's a relaxing one. Stay safe.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12297 on: Apr 23, 2018, 03:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  32* and calm this am, high of 62 expected here today...we'll take it!   :thumbsup:

Wally...very nice tackle box, nothing worse than a bunch of treble hooks all meshed together! Best of luck out there today hunting down those Browns! Best wishes on your granddaughters surgery and a quick recovery, will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.    :thumbsup:
  Steve...thank you, it will be my grandsons first season...T-ball, should be a lot of fun! Hoping the next lacrosse game goes better with the temps and scoring.   :thumbsup:
  Tom..good luck with the auction!  :thumbsup:
  Marv...wow, you still have a lot of snow there as well!! Haven't had smelts in quite awhile, now you got me thinking, lol. Good luck today with the next project on the homey do list!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...the last patches of snow on my property finally disappeared yesterday! Hopefully your snow will be history after this weeks weather!   :thumbsup:

Got a little fishing time in yesterday at the stream. Being it was a nice day, quite a few people were out doing the same thing. No big catches to report, two small trout and a few suckers that would have been great pike bait.
  Some nice weather today for our first day outside working, actually kind of anxious to see how that goes!
  Cawfee's on....nothing under the dome this morning, looks like another oatmeal morning!    ;D

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12298 on: Apr 23, 2018, 03:54 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Got to the lake to launch at 8:00 and see there were boats everywhere, come to find out it was the second day of a Walleye Tournament.  There was a whole lot of trolling going on.  Don't know what the winning catch was but first day was 15# from a total of 5 fish, one being an 8#er.  Turned out to be a pleasant morning.  Light winds, bluebird skies, got into mid 60's.  Now were to go on another downhill roller coaster of a day with rain/snow this evening.  2 more shifts then will have nearly 3 weeks off between jobs.

Never got into any eyes, but did get a couple nice crappies on blade baits, came up empty on eyes while trolling like what the majority were doing.  The short bike ride sure helped with the stiffness.  Wrists feel much better, while wearing the braces.

See Eddie posted while I was pecking away, oatmeal sounds good to me too.

Good day to all.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12299 on: Apr 23, 2018, 04:05 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....enjoy the change of scenery today  ;D 

IFF.....glad you were able to get out yesterday  :)

Heading out shortly, hope the fish are hungrier today  :woot:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.