Author Topic: KP fishing report  (Read 3029 times)

Offline broncobwl

• IceShanty Rookie
KP fishing report
« on: Feb 12, 2013, 02:00 PM »
It's been really slow for me.  I've fished all over Upper Ohmer, All over Egumen, the tail out of Jean, the campground shore of Upper Summit, and the ice at Kenai Lake and only caught about 2 ten inch rainbows, a ten inch landlocked, and 2 small lakers.  It's nice to get out, but come on!  Maybe I'm not getting out early enough (first light.)  Not sure.

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: KP fishing report
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2013, 04:22 PM »
Time of year if you ask me. Happens to us at louise every year in febuary.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2013, 04:57 PM »
Yep, mid winter blues.
Fishing kind of craps out at this time of year.
Takes a lot more work to get er done.

Offline alcanron

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2013, 06:02 PM »
Been crap all year for me this year in the interior so far. Guess I am not doing it right. ??? The best fishing I have had so far is putting out set lines on the Tanana river for burbot.
"There are many good fishermen and some great ones. But there is only one you." The Old Man and The Sea

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2013, 07:17 PM »
Yes the KP has been really slow for me lately as well. I figured it was the weather systems.
I did loose a rainbow the other day that was easily over 24". Had it's head out of the hole and my stepson went to grab it and came up with a hook in his hand(Fortunately not bad). I tried to grab the fishes head but couldn't get ahold of it so it just slowly sunk backwards back down.
Boy was I upset.
Threee different lakes and two of them have always done well for me and one was slow and the other threw me a blank. 28 holes in an area that has always produced something and me and my wife got nada. First time in a long time for me getting skunked.
The other lake was a new lake for me and I lost the big one there.
The other day a local lake I always do well at was really slow. I would mark one fish on the flasher catch it them the hole went dead.
Move to the next hole and one fish would come in ,catch it, and dead hole again.
Caught five or six fish and that was it then said to heck with it went home for lunch.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline GreeceMonkey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2013, 03:52 AM »
I've been out quite a bit to several different lakes and have noticed it slowing down a bit. Fished anywhere from sun-up to sunset and February just seems to be slumping. I have found if you move about every hour or so, you should be able to increase your chances of getting on top of some fish. Stocked lakes seem to be more prone to getting some consistent action also. Dollies and rainbows in the morning; landlocked salmon morning-early afternoon. Hope this helps you out
"A bad day of fishin' beats a good day of anything else"

Offline Alaskanfisherman05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2019, 03:46 AM »
It's been really slow for me.  I've fished all over Upper Ohmer, All over Egumen, the tail out of Jean, the campground shore of Upper Summit, and the ice at Kenai Lake and only caught about 2 ten inch rainbows, a ten inch landlocked, and 2 small lakers.  It's nice to get out, but come on!  Maybe I'm not getting out early enough (first light.)  Not sure.
i know this post is a couple years old but i fish upper ohmer and summit lake quite abit and never caught lakers in them what lake did catch the lakers

Offline kwackkillncrew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2019, 10:28 AM »
probably kenai lake
I will never be a "Prostaffer" because I dont pimp products fo free

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.