New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1343678 times)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #10170 on: Mar 18, 2019, 06:03 PM »
DShoo it may or may not we shall see.  Sorry to hear everyone dealing with lazy chasers.  I switched routines completely and found many willing chasers Sunday.  Had one odd thing happen in one spot.  I hooked a single fish out of more than a dozen and once hooked every other mark disappeared and never came back.  Thought it was neat because normally when you are in a pile of them and hook up some will follow.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10171 on: Mar 18, 2019, 08:34 PM »
DShoo it may or may not we shall see.  Sorry to hear everyone dealing with lazy chasers.  I switched routines completely and found many willing chasers Sunday.  Had one odd thing happen in one spot.  I hooked a single fish out of more than a dozen and once hooked every other mark disappeared and never came back.  Thought it was neat because normally when you are in a pile of them and hook up some will follow.

Sounds like the result of fishing pressure...

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #10172 on: Mar 18, 2019, 09:39 PM »
Fished the Northwest Bay for a couple hours Sunday and a few more this afternoon. I found sunday as one of the more productive days i've had this year in terms of number of chasers and fish caught. Of course it had to be when i could only be out a few hours  >:( Caught 7 total over 4 hours, all but one over 23" with the largest being 26.5" and #5.7! New PB in terms of weight  ;D My friend also caught his PB and then topped it later that day as well. Fished today and it was back to a lot of lazy fish sanz the first one i saw and caught. That's the name of the game however. Hoping for one more shot at them this weekend

As for ice, had about 13" everywhere i drilled in 55-65 fow.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10173 on: Mar 19, 2019, 06:09 AM »
Sounds like the result of fishing pressure...

Most likely.  All I know is watching all those trout leave on the panoptix made me sad. 

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10174 on: Mar 19, 2019, 07:01 AM »
Most likely.  All I know is watching all those trout leave on the panoptix made me sad.

That’s the downfall of panoptix... that sure can get frustrating

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10175 on: Mar 19, 2019, 08:52 AM »
That’s the downfall of panoptix... that sure can get frustrating

Yes I agree.  It takes the mystery and some of the excitement away if you ask me.  The one day I had in LG where the bite was good though...gives all the excitement back. 

Offline DShooo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10176 on: Mar 19, 2019, 09:31 AM »
Low, I hope I'm wrong.  I'm sure it's pressure, that's why I've been dragging down to Phelps, seems that's not far enough.  I've been able to get the same fish to chase a dozen or so times but not commit, frustrating.  All the usual tricks aren't working.  There are some old holes down that way that you can fit through, scary if we had some measurable snow.  Good luck to all here on out, stay safe!
I'd rather be fishing...

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10177 on: Mar 19, 2019, 09:41 AM »
Make that fish eat off the bottom.  Choose offering that supports such a maneuver. 

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10178 on: Mar 19, 2019, 11:34 AM »
Hoping to get out this weekend if the ice holds up after tomorrow and Thursday. Any reports on ice thickness leading up to Saturday would be appreciated. Stay safe.

Offline Jake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10179 on: Mar 19, 2019, 01:39 PM »
Went to Harris Monday for perch, dink city. 13" or so of ice, but many of the holes I had from last week were very large from the water draining through. Those holes only and inch or so of ice saw a guy step right through one. was scary good thing he didn't break a leg. By the islands and rocks coming out are starting to open as well. still wheelers out but not for much longer. Got into the perch at dusk and called it a season. Good luck.

Offline DShooo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10180 on: Mar 19, 2019, 02:04 PM »
Make that fish eat off the bottom.  Choose offering that supports such a maneuver.

I'll give that a shot, thanks.
I'd rather be fishing...

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10181 on: Mar 19, 2019, 02:18 PM »
I'll give that a shot, thanks.

Nice good luck.  Don't be afraid to dead stick it for quite a while on the bottom!

Offline Swinginhammers_and_fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10182 on: Mar 19, 2019, 02:47 PM »
This comment shouldn’t be overlooked, good advice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10183 on: Mar 19, 2019, 02:48 PM »
Does anyone know the conditions for getting on at huddle bay rd?  Or bixby?

Thanks

Offline DShooo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10184 on: Mar 19, 2019, 03:34 PM »
Nice good luck.  Don't be afraid to dead stick it for quite a while on the bottom!

I actually thought about that.  Some of the most slammin slob perch days for me have been deadsticking waxies above the little guys.  Wasn't sure that would work on Lakers.  I'm new to jigging Lakers, just got a Marcum 4 weeks ago (finally)...what a tool!  Both fun and frustrating at the same time.  Putting in my time, learning what to do and not to do.  I've hit a few nice ones, but lack the experience with the Marcum to overcome the late season blues.  Learning more everyday in the ice.  Wish I got it in January...
I'd rather be fishing...

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10185 on: Mar 19, 2019, 03:46 PM »
Here’s a dirty butt from Sunday that chased turned away and munched it off bottom

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10186 on: Mar 19, 2019, 05:57 PM »
Does anyone know the conditions for getting on at huddle bay rd?  Or bixby?

Thanks

As of today you need a plank at Bixby.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10187 on: Mar 19, 2019, 06:50 PM »
As of today you need a plank at Bixby.

Thanks SS

Offline bob48

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10188 on: Mar 19, 2019, 08:02 PM »
Was at George yesterday for my first time,I went out of Hearth stone,everywhere I drilled I had about 14 inches,even had a guy in a full size pickup go by me,don't see that in CT, I had a very slow morning but got on some fish in the afternoon, they would only chase it up 10 feet from the bottom then go back down,tried banging it off the bottom also they would just sit there and look at, tried everything I had even down sized baits still same results,is it just the time of year,it seems like other guys are experiencing the same,all in all it was a great day to be out fishing

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10189 on: Mar 20, 2019, 04:50 AM »
Here’s a dirty butt from Sunday that chased turned away and munched it off bottom

You look thrilled.

Offline Floatman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10190 on: Mar 20, 2019, 06:35 AM »
I’m looking ahead to open water perch fishing.  Would like to get my brother out in my jonboat & thought we’d try Huddle.  Would you guys with experience expect to find them right in shallow or do LG perch tend to spawn in deeper water?  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Cnote518

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ryan
« Reply #10191 on: Mar 20, 2019, 07:08 AM »

.      Damn I take good pics

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10192 on: Mar 20, 2019, 09:56 AM »
.      Damn I take good pics

If your goal is to make the person looking at the pic depressed....then yes I agree, you take good pics.

Offline icebuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10193 on: Mar 20, 2019, 11:12 AM »
If your goal is to make the person looking at the pic depressed....then yes I agree, you take good pics.

I tell people all the time, including the guys I hunt with, to smile. We are, after all, having fun.

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10194 on: Mar 20, 2019, 11:16 AM »

Jon, that looks like one of those rubber fish Shawn's always talking about.  That's why he's not smiling.

Offline Cnote518

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ryan
« Reply #10195 on: Mar 20, 2019, 01:46 PM »
.    Kids depressing not my fault, but I managed to make his mediocre fish look much bigger 😂

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10196 on: Mar 20, 2019, 04:08 PM »
Jon, that looks like one of those rubber fish Shawn's always talking about.  That's why he's not smiling.
Sure is bill I’ll show ya where I keep them Saturday !

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10197 on: Mar 20, 2019, 04:29 PM »
It's going to go quick.  Last Friday it rained moderate to downpour for 1 1/2 hours.  Lot of standing water got absorbed into the ice in 2 hours after.  Soft and air filled...note that the 6" of black ice underneath was compromised 5
-6 weeks ago with a warm spell as well.
Hoping for one last stab at em this weekend.  I can't go out with a bunch of lazy chasers like this past weekend.

I was out yesterday and was on 13" in the main basin out of Vet's and Sunday up in NW Bay on at least that much and in both cases the bottom 4-5 was rock solid, clear ice. If I understand correctly the new ice is formed on the bottom of the existing ice so I'm assuming that the bottom ice has all been formed in the last two or three weeks after the snow melted?

I know things change quickly with the sun this time of year but the block of ice that was there yesterday is fairly substantial.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10198 on: Mar 20, 2019, 06:21 PM »
Sure is bill I’ll show ya where I keep them Saturday !
[/quot

We’re supposed to get bombed with snow again.  The least amount i’ve seen is 4-8 inches, and others at 6-12.  Man I hate snow.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10199 on: Mar 20, 2019, 06:41 PM »
I’m looking ahead to open water perch fishing.  Would like to get my brother out in my jonboat & thought we’d try Huddle.  Would you guys with experience expect to find them right in shallow or do LG perch tend to spawn in deeper water?  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I’m looking forward to this answer as well...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.