The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: oxbow  (Read 3104 times)

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
oxbow
« on: Feb 20, 2020, 09:01 PM »
edges safe for tomorrow?????
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline Mstlaurent

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: oxbow
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2020, 09:19 PM »
I saw a guy fishing on one of the outer coves off of route 5. My guess is the marina will be safe.

Offline Sam Gee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2020, 07:35 AM »
I was there on tuesday and there was some shady edges so watch your approach.

Offline Red15762

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2020, 08:17 AM »
I just drove by it at 9 AM on 91 and the were about 10 people out. Mostly from the power lines towards the highway and a shanty out by the marina

Offline REDGIANT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2020, 09:21 AM »
Havent been out there since Sunday. In the marina the edges had dropped a foot from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon with standing water on the first few feet of ice and water coming up through cracks in the ice and the holes closest to the shore.  Bring a plank just in case.  If you end up not needing it, bonus.
TIP UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline maxma

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2020, 09:23 AM »
Drove by the bow last saturday and saw at least 5 shanties and a dozen of people on the ice.

Given several cold days this week, I would feel optimistic about the ice condition.
What's cooler than being cool.

Offline BigBean1110

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2020, 03:18 PM »
13 car in the marina parking lot at 10:30 this morning

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #7 on: Feb 25, 2020, 09:27 AM »
as of 2/25 oxbow is blown open pretty well. Drive by every day, haven't seen anyone fishing for 2 days

Entrance to bowl is open now.

91 north side is pretty much all open now too.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Rangerboats391

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 25, 2020, 10:26 AM »
edges are open 5-10 feet in most spots

Offline Phishing.Hacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2020, 08:33 PM »
Open water yet?

Offline Billboy66

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2020, 07:40 AM »
I went on 23 Feb and spent half the day. Only caught one 5lb 19.5" largemouth. Drove from the shoreline in CT because our season has been so bad down here. First-year hitting the Oxslow and miss Weathersfield cove so badly. Love the old school 3$ drop in the box parking. The day ended with my buddy going through the ice on the edge after I left I guess. Season over for me.

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 04, 2020, 08:29 AM »
I went on 23 Feb and spent half the day. Only caught one 5lb 19.5" largemouth. Drove from the shoreline in CT because our season has been so bad down here. First-year hitting the Oxslow and miss Weathersfield cove so badly. Love the old school 3$ drop in the box parking. The day ended with my buddy going through the ice on the edge after I left I guess. Season over for me.

You'll have stripers in your backyard any day now and prob have holdovers currently.   I'd take that over 99% of the ice fishing in MA.
westernmas on the finder

Offline teamtip-up

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 04, 2020, 10:40 AM »
You'll have stripers in your backyard any day now and prob have holdovers currently.   I'd take that over 99% of the ice fishing in MA.

I hope you are damnned to stub your toe or bang your shin once every day for such heresy as the above.  There is no fishing better than ice fishing ...anywhere !

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 04, 2020, 11:20 AM »
I hope you are damnned to stub your toe or bang your shin once every day for such heresy as the above.  There is no fishing better than ice fishing ...anywhere !

TBH, it is my favorite type of fishing.  However, that is mainly due to the distance that I need to travel to get to saltwater.  If I could get to the salt in a half hour I don't think freshwater would be as appealing.  Plus saltwater fish are so much more tasty IMO.
westernmas on the finder

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.