Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Emmet County  (Read 1346 times)

UP XPLANT

Emmet County
« on: Jan 12, 2004, 05:21 PM »
Anyone ever fish High Lake or Iowa Lake in Emmet county?  Iwas thinking about giving them a try later this week.  Also, has anybody heard of any fish being caught on Rice Lake?

CSP88

Re:Emmet County
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2004, 07:46 PM »
I read this on another forum:

Author  Topic: Perch jerkin'  
frank from ames
Member # 800

Member Rated:
   posted January 09, 2004 04:15 PM                    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The locals will prob'ly curse me for letting the cat outa the bag, but Rice Lake in North central Ia has gotta be the hottest perch bite in the state right now. Went up there just after Christmas and it was just steady hookin. got well over a hundred, mostly 7inchers, but came home with 20 9inch or better. 2 of which were close to a pound. Went back the next day and their preferance switched from waxies to minnows, otherwise same story. I got bored with the action and went down to the south end on my ATV, and there was a guy down there on a bucket with a mess on the ice around him. Over to the paved boat ramp access, and the guys over there were doing quite well, also, with one guy saying he was getting northerns. Most of the hot action is off the park with entry down a gravel ramp, the ice was 12" with people driving on the ice. Gonna have another go at it tomorrow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 9 | From: ames iowa | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged |  

Mr Waleye

Re:Emmet County
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2004, 09:44 PM »
Hi there I am from Emmet County but go to school in Brookings, SD I fished Iowa Lake and High Lake over my Christmas break iowa was alot better bite than high. We catch a good number of walleyes and perch, everyone perch we catch was nice no small ones there. Walleyes you have to sort to find nice ones. High lake was pretty dead, fished it hard one full day and catch some northerns the lake is full of them right now. So if you want to catch northerns go there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.