The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: My Fellow New Englanders  (Read 1040 times)

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
My Fellow New Englanders
« on: Aug 12, 2005, 03:54 PM »
I am happy to say that ice fishing season for many of us is only 4 months away. It is time now for the dreams to begin. Dreams of cutting holes, freezing temps, the smell of two stroke in the morning, and the always welcomed cry of "FLAG" will soon fill your head. Your desire to wear your fur hat while watching Monday night football will have your significant other thinking you are crazy. The sound of your auger running at max rpm's before daylight will driver your neighbors nuts.  Being caught jigging in the toilet with your vex in the sink will not even embarrass you.  My fellow New Englanders, we are blessed by mother nature. No where else in this great county will you find a more breath taking adventure.  It is time now, to dust off the jig pole, place it beside your recliner, and get ready for the hard water!

That is my speech until the sign ups for the IS Tourney come. 

Scott and Chad:

I can't tell you how excited I am to be coming home!  I will be back in NH around the first of October. I am single now. (It would take many years for me to tell the both of you what has gone on with my love life .  All I can say is this: It has been  :o and  ::)).  I am looking for an apartment back in the town I was living with the ex g/f in. I plan on doing more hunting and ice fishing this year. But first, I need to find a job or two so I can support myself. 

How far are you guys from Kittery?

Ben

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: My Fellow New Englanders
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2005, 04:37 PM »
im 45 minutes north of kittery.glad to hear things are going well ben! ice we be here soon!

Offline transplantfromMN

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SKOL VIKINGS!!!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2005, 06:04 PM »
Ben he man welcome back and its about time.. I am about an hour north of scott but I travel to his place fairly often so if we make a plan to get togather sometime I can always head down there.. Not an issue..
Ice fishing is Gods gift to winter...

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2005, 08:50 PM »
now that i am single we will have to make a point to hook up and do some trout fishing. I am a little over an hour and a half away from kittery. If I can drive to buxtom to get a duck blind painted, i can drive for a day on the ice!

I can not wait till the hard water arrives!

until then, tight lines!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.