The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Joslin Derby  (Read 1162 times)

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
Joslin Derby
« on: Feb 06, 2015, 11:02 AM »
Is there any word if this is on this year? Porter?
, , ,

Offline lenz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 'Ice Only' Fisherman
Re: Joslin Derby
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2015, 11:31 AM »
supposedly Feb 21st, memorial beach but it is tentative due to all the snow we have and will get.

burp
Member of G.O.D.S

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Offline slimeypete

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2015, 11:33 AM »
If im not mistaken i believe the 21 West derby is usually held on the 21st in the same location (boat ramp). I hope they have it next weekend the 14th so i can make it, that derby was great last year.
Eat, sleep, and Fish = A Happy Life

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nationality: Porterguese of course!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2015, 01:36 PM »
Guys - really not sure if the conditions will be safe for the derby yet. Ton of weight and snow on the ice and there was only 6-8 inches before the dumping.  Safety is our #1 concern, followed by the enjoyment all of you experience. We need to be able to get to each of you to weigh fish, etc. 

It would be great to hear some Webster Lake Ice Reports - anyone been lately? Status of the Memorial Beach Ramp area???  Plowed? Thanks for all of the support and interest guys.... I've been straight out with work and have only gotten out once in Mass this year >:(

Note - The tentative derby date is 2/21 at this point. 

Offline capedeer/fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2015, 02:11 PM »
Jeff..... need any help.....let me know! :tipup:

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2015, 02:31 PM »
Hey Porter... As of the other day, very little has been plowed. You can drive in to the boat ramp area and turn around to come out. That's about it. Really no place to park.
"Indecision may or may not be my problem"  -Jimmy Buffett

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2015, 03:32 PM »
Bummer. Hope the date gets changed I'll be on Champlain that weekend. Porter if not I'll make sure I get a ticket anyway to support the kids.  Great cause and great derby
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline V Menzone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2015, 03:43 PM »
Was buy the lake today didn't even see any snowmobile tracks, snow and slush is awful at a few of the lakes I checked nearby so id assume Webster is the same. 

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2015, 03:28 PM »
Update... Quite a bit of the paved parking lot to the right of the boat ramp has been plowed. But still not enough parking for a derby the size of the Joslin. And it looks like we're gonna get dumped on again.

There were quite a few guys out fishing but I didn't get a chance to talk with anyone. They looked to be walking through more snow than I care to deal with...

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2015, 07:04 PM »
I guess it depends on the pond. We were out today with barely any snow. Most I walked through today was about 5"

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2015, 07:29 PM »
I guess it depends on the pond. We were out today with barely any snow. Most I walked through today was about 5"
Looked like more than that, but sometimes even 5" is enough to slow me down lol. Wait another 25-30 years, you'll see  ;D.

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2015, 10:20 PM »
Looked like more than that, but sometimes even 5" is enough to slow me down lol. Wait another 25-30 years, you'll see  ;D.

I'm with you ;D
MA

Offline fishinfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 08, 2015, 09:37 AM »
went on quinsig yesterday 15" solid no slush 4" of snow on top,great day out with a friend.about a dozen large perch couple of bows.not a soul in site. :tipup:

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 09, 2015, 12:22 PM »
More snow, but the show must go on!!!!
, , ,

Offline rzr800

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 09, 2015, 03:16 PM »
Fish and Game had their Derby on Saturday. A handful out there but there were guys out in the deep hole area in front of the Lodge. . Ice thickness not an issue. Snow depth may be. 

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nationality: Porterguese of course!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 09, 2015, 07:34 PM »
Gonna need a hundred to 150 parking spaces for the joslin derby to even be considered ... And the town definitely won't do it ... No even close to bring a priority for them ... With more snow coming later this week.. Would need a front end loader to clear that lot and many hours at that .... Open to any suggestions you fine gents may have... But doesn't look good... Again the goal is to raise money for joslin and cure diabetes ... We would have to spend a boat load on plowing alone 😁 feel free to pm me or share your thoughts here. Thanks guys👍🎏

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 09, 2015, 07:39 PM »
Probably too crazy to do it at a bunch of separate ponds, huh?

Maybe just have all the prizes raffled off instead? Not as much fun, but still gets the funds in...

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #17 on: Feb 09, 2015, 09:49 PM »
Too bad about all the dang snow, I would love to fish this event. I guess all we need is a few generous front end loader operator's with their own equipment. Or about 200 guys with shovels lol

Offline rzr800

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 10, 2015, 08:56 AM »
If I had a plow truck I would without a doubt contribute. This is a great derby to not have and a better cause to boot.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.