Author Topic: Spindle point  (Read 2048 times)

Offline rcwlogic

• IceShanty Rookie
Spindle point
« on: Jan 01, 2019, 08:25 PM »
Is there any parking/walking access to spindle point

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Spindle point
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2019, 03:08 AM »
If you mean spindle point on massabesic there is a nice walking trail from deerneck bridge. Quite a walk though.

Offline ice fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2019, 05:37 AM »
Never heard that there was a spindle point on massey  ,  only know of spindle point on winni outta Meredith bay . Where would u be referring to on Massey?    Past the yatch club is Battery point

Offline rcwlogic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2019, 08:04 AM »
Spindle point on winni
Staying in Meredith in a couple weeks wanted to try a new area

Offline ice fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2019, 09:32 AM »
Last time I fisher spindle point I don't remember there was any parking . Some 20 yrs ago

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2019, 12:29 PM »
Seems as though Spindle Point would be private as there are
Houses/camps all along it.

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2019, 12:53 PM »
Seems as though Spindle Point would be private as there are
Houses/camps all along it.

This could ruffle some feathers.  So...here in NH, you can hunt any non-posted land in the state without permission.  So the guy that lives on Spindle Point can park next to my driveway and hunt my land.  I am completely cool with that.  How come I cant park next to his driveway and walk across his property to the ice?

Offline Running for flags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2019, 01:04 PM »
This could ruffle some feathers.  So...here in NH, you can hunt any non-posted land in the state without permission.  So the guy that lives on Spindle Point can park next to my driveway and hunt my land.  I am completely cool with that.  How come I cant park next to his driveway and walk across his property to the ice?

Technically speaking you can! As long as there isn’t any posted signs you are allowed direct access to water even through people’s property(better if you ask) I know this cause I had a discussion with Fish and game and I was told that as long as the land isn’t posted you can use it to access the body of water, if they are in the property during the winter it’s fair game! Again always better to ask
Wait there's ice????

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2019, 01:11 PM »

Hunting or fishing, the law applies the same way... Maybe you should knock on their door and ask? You might not get the answer you want but it's the answer that nobody here can give you...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Dickbakers

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2019, 01:20 PM »
 ::) As I remember it?  The Road out to the very end of Spindle Point is private and no parking!
Dick

Offline rcwlogic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2019, 05:02 PM »
How about around sachem cove it would be a walk to spindle but potentially doable

Offline ice fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2019, 11:28 AM »
I agree Better to ask  First .  If land isn't posted  you may wind up finding it posted next time.

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 08, 2019, 01:02 PM »
You are correct, we rented a camp there for years. There isnt any place to park unless you wanted to block the road, its basically 1 lane.

::) As I remember it?  The Road out to the very end of Spindle Point is private and no parking!
Dick

Offline CozbyDog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2019, 02:11 PM »
Depending on ice conditions in a couple of weeks (no fishable ice there as of today) you could park at the Weirs and walk. Probably not ideal but you could def. park there.
Familiarity breeds contempt

Offline rcwlogic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2019, 04:41 PM »
It’s tough up there I live on Narraganset bay in ri by law we have public right of ways to the water.
I fish the same few areas on winni I spend countless hours researching new areas but find them inaccessible without a 2 or 3 mile death march I have looked into renting atv or snowmobile but no luck
If the conditions will let me I am thinking of trying half mile

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2019, 08:53 PM »
It’s tough up there I live on Narraganset bay in ri by law we have public right of ways to the water.
I fish the same few areas on winni I spend countless hours researching new areas but find them inaccessible without a 2 or 3 mile death march I have looked into renting atv or snowmobile but no luck
If the conditions will let me I am thinking of trying half mile

I have a machine. If you let me know when ypu plan on getting up there I have no issue to shuttle you around as long as its in the same general area. Btw im also i  RI
Just add water.

Offline rcwlogic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 09, 2019, 09:38 PM »
Thank you SHaRPS
I really appreciate the offer but I could never ask you to do that
I usually head up a couple of times before the derby to prefish this year we are staying in Meredith so I’m looking at center harbor or Wolfeboro
Do you fish Narraganset bay or south county at all

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #17 on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:08 AM »
Thank you SHaRPS
I really appreciate the offer but I could never ask you to do that
I usually head up a couple of times before the derby to prefish this year we are staying in Meredith so I’m looking at center harbor or Wolfeboro
Do you fish Narraganset bay or south county at all

Its no issue at all if I am already up there. I will be staying in wolfboro for the derby but my goal is to also get up there at least 1 other time before or after the derby. And yes, I fish Narragansett bay AND south county every week from May -October.
Just add water.

Offline t.dan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 10, 2019, 06:12 AM »
Spindle is private property and signs are up. You used to be able to park there like 8yrs ago. Now you can’t. And I don’t believe the ice is safe to cross from weirs yet

Offline rcwlogic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 10, 2019, 06:09 PM »
SHaRPS thank you very much for the offer I would hate to be an inconvenience and  my wife says I’m nuts I have fished straight thru fri to sun read some articals did some research and that turned into jigging for cusk all night
I start in the bay in April wading out on sandbars catchin hold overs  I watch the herin runs as soon as I see them I start plugging the mouths of the runs I start chasing bait as soon as the boat goes in live lining from prov to Newport end of June to sept fluke sea bass I don’t start going to south county until oct thru dec
Do you fish the mouth of the narrow river at all

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #20 on: Jan 11, 2019, 06:23 AM »
SHaRPS thank you very much for the offer I would hate to be an inconvenience and  my wife says I’m nuts I have fished straight thru fri to sun read some articals did some research and that turned into jigging for cusk all night
I start in the bay in April wading out on sandbars catchin hold overs  I watch the herin runs as soon as I see them I start plugging the mouths of the runs I start chasing bait as soon as the boat goes in live lining from prov to Newport end of June to sept fluke sea bass I don’t start going to south county until oct thru dec
Do you fish the mouth of the narrow river at all

It helps that I live right next to one of the herring runs and millions of manhaden. I fluke fish from May to October with trips for striped bass, albies, and togs mixed in. Yes I fish the narrow river but that is only one of the spots. Not sure if you have a boat but I run a 22' CC and the location I fish each day depends on where I locate fish. This could be providence, westerly, or the Elizabeth Islands.
Just add water.

Offline rcwlogic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 11, 2019, 09:14 AM »
I have a 21’ cc I keep it at brewers in Warwick cove I’m thru out the bay all year it was nice two years back there were false albacore all the way to Oakland beach I venture out to Mackrel hull Austin Bretton everyweekend from mid June  I fish the mouth of the narrow allot in the fall I live on Warwick neck I like mill cove in the spring the mouth of Bucky brook it’s as flat as a pancake on a good low you can wade  out close to a 1/4 mile do you go for squid in the spring I started a few years ago and did quite well last year with around 3 gallons

Offline NHGunowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 17, 2019, 04:32 PM »
Spindle is private property and signs are up. You used to be able to park there like 8yrs ago. Now you can’t. And I don’t believe the ice is safe to cross from weirs yet
I was trying to remember if there is a place in Cummins cove to park, there is some kind of association dock there. Probably posted also.
Weirs is probably the closest but like you said, that probably isn't ready. That is a slow section to freeze as far as I've observed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.