New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1342332 times)

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #8430 on: Feb 14, 2018, 06:04 PM »
Was a beautiful day to be on the ice landed my first lg laker 👍

25” but chunky

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8431 on: Feb 14, 2018, 06:35 PM »
Very nice and congrats on your first laker from the king!

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8432 on: Feb 14, 2018, 06:43 PM »
Nice one Shawn, congrats.

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8433 on: Feb 14, 2018, 06:46 PM »
Thanks bill only took me 4 trips 🙄 deffinetly a different type of fishing compared to schroon

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8434 on: Feb 15, 2018, 01:52 AM »
I mostly use storm style paddletail with the internal lead. Jon next time I'm up jigging lakers I'll try the 77hz mode but as u know I see my jigs just fine with the 200hz

We shall see my friend.  Ive been on a champlain kick lately. 

Offline fishboy899

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8435 on: Feb 15, 2018, 04:34 AM »
Anyone been out of Harris this week with a quad?

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8436 on: Feb 15, 2018, 06:19 AM »
Thanks bill only took me 4 trips 🙄 deffinetly a different type of fishing compared to schroon

Schroons lakers can be wicked finiky.  Wait until you happen upon a good shoal of lakers at George....you'll never want to go back to schroon!

Offline steinea286

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8437 on: Feb 15, 2018, 06:46 AM »
Was thinking of playing hooky from work tomorrow and trying to get out before this warm up POTENTIALLY screws up the ice. Looking for recommendations on some perch. I would like to try for lakers as well (maybe at first light) and then move in to catch some perch. Just looking for some tips. If I can get in an area, I will put the work in to try and find the fish! Thanks guys, stay safe!

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8438 on: Feb 15, 2018, 10:35 AM »
Harris is probably best bet right now. Everywhere else I expect very unreliable shore conditions, maybe for the rest of the season.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8439 on: Feb 15, 2018, 10:37 AM »
Harris is probably best bet right now. Everywhere else I expect very unreliable shore conditions, maybe for the rest of the season.

Lets wait and see.  When the first big rain hit george.  I went up that am and there was no water on the ice and no issues with runoff despite the heavy snowpack....also Neil consider the low for Sat am.  Conditions should be good.

Offline Icetrotter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8440 on: Feb 15, 2018, 11:14 AM »
Hey guys I was looking to come up to LG for Saturday and Sunday and was wondering how the access is at hearthstone or mdb. Thanks guys much appreciated.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #8441 on: Feb 15, 2018, 03:54 PM »
Hey guys I was looking to come up to LG for Saturday and Sunday and was wondering how the access is at hearthstone or mdb. Thanks guys much appreciated.

Mdb might be a mess from clearing for winter carnival. If that's the case, hearthstone is gonna be a hot spot to launch from. Havent heard any ice updates yet. I'm waiting, got a 2.5 hr drive. Don't wanna waste it driving up for crapty ice.

Really would like to know how much snow is on ice.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8442 on: Feb 15, 2018, 03:56 PM »
The ice isn’t going to be the issue. The jump to the ice is going to be the issue !

Offline Saltstriker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8443 on: Feb 15, 2018, 05:08 PM »
Hey guys thinking of coming up on Monday. I have a 2.5 hour drive so if anyone knows the ice conditions thay would be great.  Gonna be around the million dollar beach area. 

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8444 on: Feb 15, 2018, 05:13 PM »
I’m goin up tomorrow afternoon. I’ll post some pics ,  maybe a video !

JJ

« Reply #8445 on: Feb 15, 2018, 05:21 PM »
Starting to get a little sloppy out there in spots with slush and water, otherwise there is still  a lot of snow but it is settling. Pretty rough around the access areas, lots of ATV and snowmobile tracks making it bumpy.

Be aware just south of Hearthstone a couple hundred yards out: state police and sheriffs were there today doing winter dive practice, so there will be a big opening. Should be well marked.

JJ

« Reply #8446 on: Feb 15, 2018, 05:23 PM »
Here's a nice landlocked salmon caught by a customer this morning, she did a great job getting it to the ice for a beginner.

Offline loustru

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8447 on: Feb 15, 2018, 05:26 PM »
Beauty

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8448 on: Feb 15, 2018, 05:55 PM »
Here's a nice landlocked salmon caught by a customer this morning, she did a great job getting it to the ice for a beginner.

(Image removed from quote.)

Great fish!  Jig or tipup?
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

JJ

« Reply #8449 on: Feb 15, 2018, 06:04 PM »
Thanks, tip-up.

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8450 on: Feb 15, 2018, 06:56 PM »
Today there were several guys out trying to recover the snowmobile (?) that went down between vets and tongue mountain.  They had some sort of lifting frame placed on the ice but hadn't pulled the thing out by the time we left at about 12:30.  Ice getting sloppy in some areas.  I caught a lot of seeds today, the other guys I was with didn't but caught perch, go figure. 

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8451 on: Feb 15, 2018, 07:16 PM »
How was the shore when you left vets?
Jason

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8452 on: Feb 15, 2018, 07:25 PM »
No problem with access at Vets, except for deep ruts from wheelers.  A highlight of our morning was when the eagle landed on the ice not too far from us and cleaned up someones unwanted catch.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8453 on: Feb 16, 2018, 06:15 AM »

Nice fish jj and even better eating

JJ

« Reply #8454 on: Feb 16, 2018, 07:36 AM »
Thank Fred. They are delicious.

Offline jigshimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8455 on: Feb 16, 2018, 07:52 AM »
Today there were several guys out trying to recover the snowmobile (?) that went down between vets and tongue mountain.  They had some sort of lifting frame placed on the ice but hadn't pulled the thing out by the time we left at about 12:30.  Ice getting sloppy in some areas.  I caught a lot of seeds today, the other guys I was with didn't but caught perch, go figure.

I had the same experience couple years back at MDB. I would have a mixed bag and buddy only got perch. He fishes right on bottom and I would be up a foot or two.

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8456 on: Feb 16, 2018, 10:56 AM »
Has anyone been running from huletts south down the narrows and how far south there is good ice?

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8457 on: Feb 16, 2018, 10:59 AM »
Has anyone been running from huletts south down the narrows and how far south there is good ice?

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #8458 on: Feb 16, 2018, 11:43 AM »
Is hearthstone hill good or do i need to park up top?
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline senko69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8459 on: Feb 16, 2018, 12:09 PM »
Anyone have any experience/advice about walking the area between Speaker Heck Island and Assembly Point?  I'd like to come out of Harris Bay, turn that corner, and head southwest into some deeper water.  I'm just curious as too see if anyone has any recent experience with this and how the ice conditions are.  Is there any current in that narrow area between Assembly Point and Speaker Heck Island that I should be concerned with?    Thanks! 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.