Author Topic: Last Mountain Lake 2019-2020  (Read 41920 times)

Offline YoungGun96

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Last Mountain Lake 2019-2020
« Reply #120 on: Mar 26, 2020, 01:24 PM »
Seems like the burbot spawn is winding down on lml not nearly as aggressive as weekend. Managed 1 yesterday then got into a bunch of jumbo perch and a few walleyes. Biggest perch was 14". Ice was solid and thick, should be good until the end of the season!

Offline rochee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #121 on: Mar 26, 2020, 07:14 PM »
Where were you out to get the nice perch?
Looking at taking out a 83 year old this weekend
Thanks in advance

Offline rochee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #122 on: Mar 26, 2020, 07:15 PM »
Thanks in advance

Offline saskbucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #123 on: Mar 26, 2020, 07:20 PM »
Thanks in advance

Triple T beach. In about 17 FOW
Get outside.  It does a body and mind good!

Offline lipyanker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #124 on: Mar 31, 2020, 04:11 PM »
As I'm sitting at regina beach last day of this fine hardware season. With the ice deteriorating very quickly these days. I can see a couple holes in the ice straight to the sand at the access onto the lake hidden in standing water one approx 3'x3' the other approx 1'x2' both plenty to drop a tire in and and maybe more once the drop happens. Shortly after arriving I hear a vehicle coming down the lake I'm thinking no way is someone that "brave" sure enough a pickup come barreling down the lake at what appeared to be likely 70k or better. Needless to say I've got my fingers my toes my eyes and anything else that will cross crossed as I watch. He gets off the ice on the far side of the access and all extremities bounce back to proper position and I breathe a sigh of relief thinking what's in the world is wrong with people risking so much on quickly rotting ice. And I think surely that's it. But ohhh no no no.... shortly after a large astro sized van takes his turn driving on to the lake where the previous individual exited. And everything is crossed again as I watch them drive out of view around the bend in the lake. Now I do not mean to come off to terrible here. But this is the reason we continually have people breaking thru.. how much is a fish really worth. I love fishing and eating fish as much as anyone but at some point common sense has to work right? A good 70%+ of the shore here is water or visibly rotting or rotted. And some still risk. I was un easy walking on at first hahaha. Now time to pack up before they come off and everything crosses again.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #125 on: Mar 31, 2020, 05:29 PM »
 just heard on the news a kid went in around regina beach ON FOOT.  3 or 4 other folks went through trying to help, thankfully all made it out alive. 

Offline lipyanker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #126 on: Mar 31, 2020, 06:01 PM »
That's terrible. It has opened up quite a bit since sunday morning Last time I was out. Off the point as well as around the pier Glad to hear everyone made it out okay. The ice was significantly less thick today than sunday as well. No exact measurement but where I was I'm not afraid to say it was 4 odd inches difference in 2 days and soft as in scrape ice off the top with your boot soft.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.