Author Topic: Charter Reports Through Derby  (Read 619 times)

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
Charter Reports Through Derby
« on: Jan 31, 2010, 04:09 PM »

Friday we fished!! Probably not the brightest idea but we did. It was a blizzard out there we landed 7 lakers and finally called it a day when the traps started blowing out of the holes and flying down the lake. This is the 1 laker we did keep he freeze dried in about 4 minutes.

Derby Saturday we iced a bunch of whites and a bunch of yellows and a bunch of lakers and we let them all go. Looking at the saturday results i think we might have blown it because we had whites and yellows in the board size but judging by past years they wouldn't have made it, oh well will never know my scale said 2.18 on a couple of whites and 1.25 on a couple yellows, way out in the past years. We had fun and caught fish that was what counts anyways. Once again the Snow Cat proved invaluable for keeping everyone mobile and warm it was flat out nasty sat morning with piercing wind. No Pictures, all were released.

Derby Sunday we went for Rainbows and landed 8 and kept 6 and 2 made it on the board but got bumped out late on sunday just about 2.25 pounds i forgot exact weight but very close. Here's the gang with their 6 bows.
PROUD SPONSOR OF ICESHANTY.COM

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Charter Reports Through Derby
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2010, 06:24 PM »
Thanks for the report Adrien...

Congrats on some nice fish ;)

Offline Boulderbronco

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Charter Reports Through Derby
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2010, 06:57 PM »
Thats amazing.  Nice fish.  So whats your secret?  Just kidding, don't need to tell me/us.  But we get skunked all the time.  All weekend we had one bow and one laker fishing 10-12 traps and moving down Meredith bay.  My brothers, wife, friends and I are very frustrated.  Same thing every year. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.