The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Mitchell/Missaukee???  (Read 953 times)

Offline Badder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Mitchell/Missaukee???
« on: Feb 28, 2018, 09:07 AM »
Pretty sure I know the answer I'm looking for but any thoughts on either of these lakes being fishable this coming weekend.
I see lows in the 20's for the next few days so maybe just maybe we can get on 1 last time.

Thanks  :-\ :-\ :-\

SPIN 2 WIN!

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Mitchell/Missaukee???
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2018, 10:43 AM »
I would so no but you never know. Yesterday I drove down by Green rd and there was a couple guys on it shore ice look OK. This morning the lake look very bad it has that dull color to it which it did not have yesterday. The landing at Green rd has some water starting on top of the ice. I was going to go today but after seeing that I put my stuff away. It may be safe but I don't want to go swimming to find out

Offline icerink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2018, 03:08 PM »
I drove through Lake City this afternoon and stopped to look. Ice looks really bad and not a soul in sight.

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2018, 04:07 PM »
Pilgrim Village Bait Shop posted on FB that a few guys were out today on Mitchell over at Big Cove.  Ice was 8-9" but getting soft according to their report stating that it was like drilling through a snow cone....

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2018, 04:58 PM »
I saw a guy in front of the Elks in HL this afternoon and the ice where he drilled looked like slush. When I came back thru he was gone. I assume he went in as his gear was gone and I did not see anyone waving out there. The ice lookedgray black color like it does just before it open s up

Offline Badder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2018, 05:58 AM »
Thanks for the input fellas, sounds a little spooky.
Shifting gears and going to try the PM. ;D
SPIN 2 WIN!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.