Author Topic: Another Mag 2000 carb question.  (Read 736 times)

Offline YoYo

• IceShanty Rookie
Another Mag 2000 carb question.
« on: Jan 07, 2018, 06:49 PM »
So I scoured the internet and i found were this carb on Amazon. It is not Tecumseh brand and i read some reviews on other off brand carbs that people have had to do mods in order to get them to work. My question is, have any of you used these? If so was it an easy install? The brand is KING. Also the bottom pic shows the serial and model number of my auger right above the spark plug. Thanks in advance.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Another Mag 2000 carb question.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2018, 08:09 AM »
I build Tecumseh engines for mini bikes,snowblowers and other things..these china carbs seem like a good deal but its hard to get a motor to run smooth with the 12 dollar cheap china carbs.imo.i like oem Tecumseh carbs.they  are  getting hard to find.theres a reason those china carbs are so cheap.ive had a few that worked tho.

Offline Kobey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2018, 10:32 AM »
I'll second what the Doc said.  Some Chinese stuff is as good as anything else but carbs are really hit and miss.  You might get lucky the first time but chances are you'd just get more frustration.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2018, 11:18 PM »
This is the one I put on my old mag 2000 after failing on 2 rebuild kits. Don't know if their still available though it's been a few years. It worked great right out of the box, even had the brass inlet tube not the white plastic one I replaced due to cracking 4-5 times over the years. Let me know if you can't make out the pics

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2018, 12:53 AM »
Spend the money and get a zama carb from drock

Offline MSUICEMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2018, 10:06 AM »
I inherited a mag2000 that probably hasn't been run in 15 years or so. Gas was left in it, so i'm sure the carb is gummed up to hell, lines need replaced, etc. Anyone recommend a rebuild kit? The zama is 70 bucks plus shipping which is probably only a little less than the thing is worth in its entirety. Just wondering if anyone has any good luck with soaking/cleaning and rebuilding the carb or a cheaper non-OEM version.

Thanks,
Steve

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2018, 08:54 PM »
There's a carb on amazon that will work just have to swap out the fin. I get what you're saying about the auger maybe isnt worth buying the 70 dollar carb but I fixed one with the amazon carb, my dad had his fixed with a zama carb you can guess which one is still being used. The zama one is adjustable the carb that is on there and the amazon one are not.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.