Author Topic: MarCum digital depth display?  (Read 1842 times)

Offline fishEH

• Team IceShanty Regular
MarCum digital depth display?
« on: Jan 06, 2018, 10:36 PM »
Does MarCum have any sort of digital depth display for their flashers? I know Humminbird has a digital readout on their ICE45/55 models and Vexilar has an accessory for all their models. I can't find anything on MarCum having a digital depth display till I jump to a $600+ unit(LX-6).

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: MarCum digital depth display?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2018, 11:44 PM »
they don't build an add-on digital depth display. they do make a hand hled depth finder built like a flash light some like to use. it's used to shoot thru ice w/o drilling holes.

Offline fishEH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2018, 06:21 AM »
And none of the M units(M1, M3, M5) have a digital depth display built in, right?

That's a major bummer. I was about to pull the trigger on a MarCum unit but now I'm reconsidering......

sunniewally

« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2018, 06:36 AM »
Why not buy the marcum showdown? Really nice unit comparing to the spinning dials!

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2018, 04:44 PM »
I have a showdown and it works great. It shows your depth. It's easily readable in the sun. My 13 yr old son uses it because it's so easy to read. I use my elite-5 from boat but it's sometimes hard to read in the sun. The screen is very reflective and water spots show easily.
jbird68

Offline fishEH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2018, 06:17 PM »
Huh, I never even thought about the Showdown. All anyone seems to talk about is the flashers and I guess I figured the Showdown was lower end. Looks like that may not be the case...

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2018, 07:01 PM »
I have a showdown and it works great. It shows your depth. It's easily readable in the sun. My 13 yr old son uses it because it's so easy to read. I use my elite-5 from boat but it's sometimes hard to read in the sun. The screen is very reflective and water spots show easily.

I also have a Showdown and completely agree.  The only draw back to them now is they don't make the Dual Beam version anymore.  I don't know how much you want to spend but all the Marcum digital units (Showdown, LX-6s, LX-7, LX-9) all have a digital depth display.  There if you're still interested in a Showdown and don't mind buying a used on there was someone on this site this past week who was talking about selling one but I don't remember his name or what topic it was posted in.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2018, 07:49 PM »
I missed out on getting a second showdown this fall. Someone was selling it for $110. I should have just snatched it up. I think they are $389 new from Marcum.
jbird68

Offline fishEH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2018, 07:30 PM »
   Thought I'd follow up. Just for fun I submitted a question to MarCum asking what my options are for a digital depth display on the M1-M5. I was pretty sure I knew the answer but figured I'd ask them and also sometimes if enough people ask they'll get the hint. Well I got a reply back and they basically said "sorry".
   The really impressive part is that I received the email reply not more than 60 seconds after submitting the question!!!! Wow!
I've been waiting about 2 weeks for a reply from Frabill. :/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.