Author Topic: 2 man hub suggestions?  (Read 2818 times)

Offline pikemann

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2 man hub suggestions?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 15, 2018, 06:51 PM »
Luv the Eskimo quickfish 3. Good quality, too small for 2 men. Don't like the Eskimo 949 because the sides are flemsey. I've had both of them. I'm going to try the clam xl2000 or the xl 4000 or the Eskimo 5 because of the square feet and quality. Perfect for 2 men and some gear.

Offline Chuck Enwinde

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 15, 2018, 11:34 PM »
not too into sight fishing but i havent been able to find them online anywhere, does clam still make these or did they stop?, and is there anything somewhet like it if they stopped making it

Yeah, pretty sure they stopped making them.  Probably need to look at craigslist or ebay.  I've seen quite a few "new in box" ones available lately on the second hand market.  I use mine for camping in the shoulder seasons as well so I just bought a "new" one for when mine finally gives up the ghost. 

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #32 on: Feb 16, 2018, 08:16 AM »
Eskimo 949i is perfect for 2 people. You can find on sale now for around $249 at least at our local farm supply store.

Online FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Feb 16, 2018, 09:18 PM »
My QF3I has enough room for two guys, three rods each, plus lanterns and other whatnot. Very roomy and warm.
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline wefishandflop

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing with two toddlers.
« Reply #34 on: Feb 17, 2018, 02:50 PM »
Have a 949 and it is overkill for two but room is always nice. Takes a while longer to warm up with a heater and is extremely long when broken down. My quick fish 2 won't give two guys a lot of room but it is small, goes up fast, and the poles are sturdy. They are not insulated but the small space warms up quickly. I rock each in a different scenario but as small as my quick fish 2 is I cannot beat the ability to throw it in my car and on a short sled.

We'll take any nibbles we get.  Jigging mostly.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.