The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: K-Drill vs plate and hand auger  (Read 710 times)

Offline mt_ice

• IceShanty Rookie
K-Drill vs plate and hand auger
« on: Feb 22, 2018, 02:07 PM »
Saw this video and seems to me like the k-drill might be a spendy alternative anyone have both or used both and can speak to this guys findings?

Offline olbaits

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: K-Drill vs plate and hand auger
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2018, 01:13 PM »
Built my own cordless drill adapter for couple bucks. Attaches right to my hand auger. Working great. I challenged a gas powered auger and outdrilled 18” of Clark canyon ice at least 2 to 1. I do think my Milwaukee drill is the very powerful and doubt a cheap cordless would produce the same results.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
Re: K-Drill vs plate and hand auger
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2018, 05:07 PM »
I have drilled over a thousand holes, guessing with my clam plate, over the last couple years,  and never broke a trigger. Maybe that guy should adjust it so it hits differently to push on trigger. All my buddy’s have the same setup as mine , and I’m sure someone out there has broke a trigger, but I bet few and far between !!   It’s called a extension, then u can stand up like u are supposed to and save your back, I know it costs $15 , but it don’t cost $200 like the k drill!!!  Then u can drill 25-30” just like k drill, and it’s still cheaper than $200 !!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.