Author Topic: Cold Weather Boots  (Read 2547 times)

Offline jhnjnsn

• IceShanty Rookie
Cold Weather Boots
« on: Nov 25, 2010, 10:09 PM »
Hey guys i'm looking to buy a new pair of cold weather boots this year and was wondering if anyone has tried muck brand boots before.  I'm looking at the arctic sport pait.  http://www.muckbootsonline.com/Arctic_Winter_Sport_Snow_Boots_p/asp000a.htm I'm either debating between thoes and a pair of cabella's predator pac boots.  Any suggestions?

Offline tank81

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TEAM MICHIGAN
Re: Cold Weather Boots
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2010, 02:26 AM »
I swear by the arctic sports with a medium boot sock my feet stay warm all day long and dry to, dont know were u live but Marshall feed elevator in marshall mi has them for 79.99 last i checked if u shoot me a pm i can find out alot more for ya my buddies dad runs the place.
BORN to ICE FISH forced to WORK

Offline QueenDrea

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2010, 05:41 AM »
My feet are perpetually cold and the only thing that works are Cabelas pac boots.  They are fairly light and get your foot off the ice which is essential.  Used with a toe warmer when it's very cold, usually without you will not have cold feet.  Got mine when they were only 100.00, but even at the current price of 180 they are well worth it.  I also have the arctic muck boots and they are good for late fall/spring or shanty fishing. 

Offline Fish Killa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2010, 06:14 AM »
Sorel Glacier. Bought mine two years ago and my troubles are gone.
I'm not as good as I once was but I am good once as I ever was.

Offline stumpjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2010, 08:39 AM »
 You guys are lucky to be able to buy all those nice winter boots...

I wear size 15 so my options are LIMITED to say the least..

I actually wear a pair of 10+ year old Cabelas Bruin hunting boots. They look like work boots but they are goretex lined. They have been the best boots I have ever had. I have some Lacross Icemans that my feet get cold in. I love my bruins but I see the ones they make now are different. I'm about ready for some new ones..

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2010, 08:57 AM »
Ive had my Lacrosse icemans for 12 years without a problem.

Offline stumpjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2010, 09:01 AM »
Ive had my Lacrosse icemans for 12 years without a problem.

That's what most people say too... lol

My feet are the first thing to get cold plus I am now on some blood pressure meds that cause cold hands and feet. Wonderful! lol

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2010, 09:13 AM »
Sorry to hear that.  I guess once you find a that ideal boot, get yourself a 2nd pair so that you are covered for years.

Offline stumpjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2010, 09:15 AM »
 That's for sure!

Offline monklej

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2010, 11:01 AM »
Mickey Mouse boots.  I've got a pair of white ones and a pair of black ones.  Won't wear anything else now.  My feet have never gotten cold!!

Offline jhnjnsn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2010, 11:10 AM »
I swear by the arctic sports with a medium boot sock my feet stay warm all day long and dry to, dont know were u live but Marshall feed elevator in marshall mi has them for 79.99 last i checked if u shoot me a pm i can find out alot more for ya my buddies dad runs the place.
I live in grand rapids so that would be a little bit of a drive for me.  Thanks anyways tho.

Offline tank81

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TEAM MICHIGAN
« Reply #11 on: Nov 26, 2010, 01:05 PM »

I actually wear a pair of 10+ year old Cabelas Bruin hunting boots. They look like work boots but they are goretex lined. They have been the best boots I have ever had. I have some Lacross Icemans that my feet get cold in. I love my bruins but I see the ones they make now are different. I'm about ready for some new ones..

stump, i wear a 15 and have no problem finding boots go to sportsmen guide you will find a pair of pac boots for 59.99 in a 15
BORN to ICE FISH forced to WORK

Offline Tipup Master

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad start to the day!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2010, 04:10 PM »
Mickey Mouse boots.  I have a pair of white and black.  Never even need to wear the whites which are warmer.  I like that they are waterproof.

Offline stumpjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 26, 2010, 06:10 PM »

stump, i wear a 15 and have no problem finding boots go to sportsmen guide you will find a pair of pac boots for 59.99 in a 15

I've found a couple kinds but I'm skeptical if they will be warm enough for me. My Lacrosse Icemans are like brand new and don't cut it for me. I had an old pair of hodgemans that weighed 50 pounds, a piece lol, they weren't warm either.

Offline bradh86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 26, 2010, 08:43 PM »
I love my bunny boats was planning on mickeys ended up with the bunny white mickeys i love them. only down side you need to use a dash board cleaner polisher to keep them from dry rotting

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
« Reply #15 on: Nov 26, 2010, 09:05 PM »
lacrosse alpha icemen. Super warm, waterproof, and lightweight by far the best ice fishing boot I've ever had

Offline walleye wacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAGS UP!!!!
« Reply #16 on: Nov 27, 2010, 09:00 AM »
i have to agree 2000% m&m or mickey mouse boots for hunting and ice fishing in cold i PROMISE your feet WILL NOT get cold

"We have to go NOW!!!"  ......."HOLD ON JUST ONE MORE!!!!

Offline Richard Cr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Nov 27, 2010, 04:10 PM »

I would seriously recommend Baffin boots. They are made in Canada. I bought a pair of their Apex boots last year....about $180.00. Light weight and rated for about -140*f. I too suffer from cold feet and I haven't experienced anything close to cold feet with these boots. They are like walking on clouds...seriously :thumbsup:
Hoovering like a fly....waiting for a windshield on the freeway

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Nov 29, 2010, 02:41 PM »

try being 6'00 215 and have size 8 1/2's. Once the sales person stops laughing and realizes that you are not kidding, you usually get "they dont come that small." LOL

I swear it is a miracle that I don't fall over in a stiff breeze.

J-

Offline PlumberFishin5

• IceShanty Rookie
  • OOoooo you know.
« Reply #19 on: Nov 29, 2010, 03:14 PM »
I third the Micky mouse boots you can get them cheap at any military store used or new for less than 100. Also water proof and if you do get water in them because of the way there insulated the water warms to the temp of your foot. :tipup:
You Gotta Hook A Fish To Catch A Fish!

Offline DieHardIcer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Nov 29, 2010, 03:54 PM »
Ice kings for around 100 bucks got a bunch of water and slush in my boots last year fished all day without a problem just stay away from cotton socks if your feet sweat it's no good get a decent pair of thin wool socks like smart wool their kinda expensive for a sock but worth every penny.

Offline finlessbrown

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Nov 29, 2010, 04:02 PM »
i bought a pair of muck boots 2 years ago and will never use anything else again. i don't even have to wear a pair of wool socks, just a pair of plain tube socks and 2 pair if it's gonna be real cold. also very comfortable.

Offline DieHardIcer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Nov 29, 2010, 04:24 PM »
I've fished in -40 below weather and never had to put a second pair of socks on with the ice kings, I fish with a guy that only wears bread bags on his feet that's it says it works for him whatever floats your boat I guess.

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #23 on: Nov 29, 2010, 04:28 PM »
bought me some lacross 1500 thinsulate 18" boots last weekend....
i went 3 sizes bigger to to add heavier socks.....i think ill only need two layers of regular sox..
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Nov 29, 2010, 04:31 PM »
I have the Lacrosse 750s. Even with my bad circulation they do ok.
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline Buckeye John

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Nov 30, 2010, 06:41 AM »
That's what most people say too... lol

My feet are the first thing to get cold plus I am now on some blood pressure meds that cause cold hands and feet. Wonderful! lol
Yea, arn't those blood meds great for keeping you warm. HA! HA!

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Nov 30, 2010, 06:51 AM »
baffin boots are the bomb ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.