New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ? women on the hard water  (Read 11979 times)

Offline hoythunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
? women on the hard water
« on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:13 AM »
i asked my wife to go with me the other day and she said what are you nuts no woman in her right mind would go out on there and freeze .itold her there wer lots of women who ice fish so how many are actually out there braving the cold and having a great time doin it. :thumbsup:

Offline run320083

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ? women on the hard water
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:16 AM »
my girlfriend goes out with me quite a bit. she even took first place in the trout category in a tourney.

Offline chillywillie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Maine
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:17 AM »
My girlfriend loves to fish and hunt.  I met her on iceshanty ;D

Offline stringer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:21 AM »
mine goes on boat no hard water though

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:22 AM »
My GF fishes with me alot. Although some extra equipement must come also. The shanty... heater...port-a-potty and folding chair. Lil hard dragging shanty sometimes but its all worth it. She enjoys ice fishin as much as regualr fishin now. Ask your Wife to try it once....How does she know if She don't like until ya try it???
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:32 AM »
My G-unit enjoys fishing. From the opening day of trout, to summer in the surf, to winter on the ice. Did better then me on trout last year and pulled the biggest blue from the surf. We haven't gotten a chance to get out on the ice yet this year. Got her improved clinch knot down and working on getting the bait on the hook properly.
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline icefishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:39 AM »
I planning on taking my girlfriend out for her first time on Friday, I think she will enjoy it.

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:42 AM »
Actually took mine out on Valentine's Day one year. We even ran into another couple out there fishing.
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2008, 09:29 AM »
When I talked my wife into trying ice fishing, I borrowed our oldest boys Aqua-Vu along with my Vexilar. Once we got on the fish and she could actually see what was going on down there she spoke up and said, "if we had one of these (Aqua-Vu), I'd go all the time".
Well I guess you know that as soon as we got home I was on the Aqua-Vu site and ordered that camera before she could change her mind !!! Now I have to deal with her constantly badgering me ... "When can we go fishing?"
The rest is history!

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline dav

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • dav, no better time to wet your line.
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2008, 09:30 AM »
Yeah right, wife and ice  ::) (oil and water). Bought her a snowmobile year before last, she wouldn't have anything to do with that either.  
FIND PEACE, LOSE YOURSELF IN NATURE....

Offline dav

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 12, 2008, 09:32 AM »
When I talked my wife into trying ice fishing, I borrowed our oldest boys Aqua-Vu along with my Vexilar. Once we got on the fish and she could actually see what was going on down there she spoke up and said, "if we had one of these (Aqua-Vu), I'd go all the time".
Well I guess you know that as soon as we got home I was on the Aqua-Vu site and ordered that camera before she could change her mind !!! Now I have to deal with her constantly badgering me ... "When can we go fishing?"
The rest is history!

:tipup:
NBG

Lucky U :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 12, 2008, 09:56 AM »
my wife wont go but my daughter..''Crappie Queen'' goes w me as much as possible.

Snot Rocket
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 12, 2008, 09:58 AM »
Yeah right, wife and ice  ::) (oil and water). Bought her a snowmobile year before last, she wouldn't have anything to do with that either.   

DAV how much you want for the snowmobile?

Snot Socket
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #13 on: Feb 12, 2008, 10:00 AM »
I introduced my wife to icefishing a few years ago and she loves it.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #14 on: Feb 12, 2008, 10:03 AM »

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline icechick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 12, 2008, 10:21 AM »
I would have to say that I am more addicted to hard water then my husband. He is forever saying is it time to go yet?? I think I would be happy if I could fish hard water all of the time.

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 12, 2008, 11:12 AM »
my wife won;t go but my girlfriend goes every weekend with me.
                                                                                        walt

Offline dav

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 12, 2008, 11:19 AM »
DAV how much you want for the snowmobile?

Snot Socket

Thats exactly what I did, sold it :'(  F*%K IT

Offline kappydick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 12, 2008, 11:19 AM »
my wife won;t go but my girlfriend goes every weekend with me.
                                                                                        walt

Thats what i'm talking about brother!!!     :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline dav

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Feb 12, 2008, 11:23 AM »
I would have to say that I am more addicted to hard water then my husband. He is forever saying is it time to go yet?? I think I would be happy if I could fish hard water all of the time.
(Image removed from quote.)

ALRIGHT :clap: :clap:

Offline ICE4ME75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 12, 2008, 11:26 AM »
wife loves going with me and i love taking her. a lot better looking shanty partner than stringer and the boys. ;D ;)

Offline fish boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 12, 2008, 11:27 AM »
"To our wives and sweethearts".....May they never meet!! :woot: :woot:

mine goes once or twice a year but with two girls and such she's just busy.  She has always been more of a fan of catching over fishing not a lot of patience but still has fun!

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 12, 2008, 02:23 PM »
where can I find one of these ladies?
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline PACKMAN241982

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IF THE BEERS SLUSHY GET A STRAW! FLATLANDER
« Reply #23 on: Feb 12, 2008, 02:44 PM »
My wife will go on the hardwater on some occasions. But my girlfriend goes all the time. Of course she 110 pounds short blonde hair and has green eyes. Did I mention she drools alot and has a tail and four legs. She's a yellow lab \ blood hound mix and goes every where with me.Damn good dog.
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT!!

Offline Joe Snag

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just Waiting for Deer season to open
« Reply #24 on: Feb 12, 2008, 02:48 PM »
Took mine out lastweek for her second time,she plans on going some more she said,like end of March when it's like 60 out.
[

Offline XII Outdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • never fear the night, "The Star" shines bright
« Reply #25 on: Feb 12, 2008, 03:18 PM »
I am taking my wife to Old Forge this Friday for her first time.  She is filled with excitement.  When we get back I am going to take her around here.  I told her I want her to go with me once a year and she agreed.  I ll keep taking her until the kids get old enough then she's out.
XII Outdoors............Ti mes-Two Outdoors

Offline edddieo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 12, 2008, 03:24 PM »
I am taking my wife to Old Forge this Friday for her first time.  She is filled with excitement.  When we get back I am going to take her around here.  I told her I want her to go with me once a year and she agreed.  I ll keep taking her until the kids get old enough then she's out.
my wife gose every now in then she always catches more than me >:( she loves it as long as i bring butterscotch schnapps

Offline windburn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • take your kids fishin'
« Reply #27 on: Feb 12, 2008, 04:47 PM »
My wife is with me 95% of the time on the soft or hard water for many years now. She holds record for our family "boat best" king, steelie, and laker on Lake Ontario (gotta have that fighting belt thingy or else there is bruising). She doesn't like 6 foot breaking NE rollers but neither do I. She also doesn't do the nearshore early april brown/coho thing. Last year she took another family record weight fish on Erie, a 9.5 'eye, night fishin' of course. She's been with me on Simcoe ice, 11 miles out on Ontario fishing steelies and a lot of other water/ice. She really, really likes to sight fish in shallow on the ice so our 'gill catch has gone up and perch catch has gone down, but I've adapted. Some day I'll spend the buck and get an aquaview. She needs the comfort of the trap and heater but that's to be expected. She also packs the fillets and venison for the freezer, but more importantly, keeps me civilized! 

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Feb 12, 2008, 05:11 PM »
my wife likes to fish with me   she can handle it better than most dudes around here. 3 young kids now it is hard    but we will get out a few times.   Last year I knocked whatwas very possibly a 40" pike off her line   she wants that fish. when my kids are a bit older i can see us fishing  ALOT    but for now they are a bit young and can come along once in a while. I found me a keeper    lets me cut deer here    cut and clean my fish at the dinner table she loves fishing in the boat   and just getting into ice fishing   but you can see she really likes it   the day she hooked that pike on her perch jig  it was 12 degrees F   with a serious wind blowing and snowy    and she didnt spend all day in the shanty she wanted to catch fish...I was impressed ...   there are times where there is no need for kids and women    but its still cool to know that i have a houseful of fishing buddies.

Offline MIduckguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • REDHEADS ARE HOT!
« Reply #29 on: Feb 12, 2008, 05:16 PM »
my gf would rather ice fish then open water fish....she gets cold but hangs tough...and does really well....this is on first ice this year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.